With a lot of women jumping on the natural hair band wagon, the need for easy, quick and innovative hairstyles have arisen.
Ladies who have since gone natural in Ghana now resort to old-school hairstyles that perhaps their mothers and grandmothers used to rock back in their day. These hairstyles are making a come back because most African women in Africa before civilisation kept their hair kinky natural and were quite innovative with coming up with hairstyles.
Take a look at 5 hairstyles that are making a comeback to salons of the modern day African woman.
1. Big sections of hair tied up and left spiky. This one is becoming more and more popular.
2. Very big sections tied with rubber rope and then held back
3. Big sections of hair tied with a puff at the tip. Nice!
4. Sectioned hair tied and then intertwined to form arch. Skill!
5. Tiny sections of hair tied with a rope. Can last for up to two weeks if cared for properly
Which of these hairstyles will you rock?