Banku is the food for gods, and you cannot deny it. Banku is a dish cooked with proportionate amounts of fermented corn and cassava dough which is prepared into a smooth consistent paste-like dish. It is is usually eaten with soup, stew or pepper.
Banku is a favourite of many Ghanaians and is known to originate from the Ewe people in Volta Region. Now, you have heard of it, you have pictures of it, but maybe you don't understand why it's so special. Well, here are 9 reasons why Banku should get way more appreciation than it does:
1. Once again, Banku is the meal for the gods and warriors. Are you a fighter? In life or otherwise? Banku is your go-to meal when you're ready to fight. Tested and guaranteed.
2. Banku is comfort food. Are you feeling down or sad? Eat Banku, your mood is sure to pick up. Try it, thank us later.
3. Banku lasts for days. And best part is, left over Banku is even tastier! Banku can last up to more than a week if stored up properly, so you are free to cook as much as you can, store it up nicely and have Banku all week if you choose to.
READ ALSO: Cause of death of Kessben FM's Confidence Baah revealed
4. You can't call yourself a Ghanaian if you do not like Banku. I mean really, what are you doing in this country then?
5. Banku is the reason why Joselyn Dumas has those hips. What? You think those hips came cheap? Constant intake of Banku has proved useful to the enhancement of hips. Try it!
6. Banku is the reason behind Ghana's stable democracy. Because Banku is happy food, we are all happy; from the President to his cabinet to the opposition to the policemen to the people. Everybody is at peace.
READ ALSO: Mzbel suffers fiery wrath of NPP supporters after inflammatory post...AGAIN!
7. Banku is known to increase your intelligence. Why do you think all Ewes are so smart? Raised on a diet on Banku with its various accompaniments boosts your brain power.
8. Banku makes you feel loved. As demonstrated in Mr. Eazi's song Bankulize, Banku is special enough to make love come your way.
9. You must eat Banku, plain and simple. You don't need any more reasons to eat Banku. Why are you still sitting here reading?
READ ALSO: The mother of Juliet and Sonia Ibrahim is just as beautiful as her daughters
You can post your thoughts in our comments section or send them to our email at email@example.com.