If you like R&B and Soul music, you've probably heard of Macy Gray. She is a singer and actress from the United States known for her raspy voice and distinct singing style. Macy Gray dominated the late 1990s and early 2000s with ten studio albums and five Grammy nominations, one of which she won. As a result, she is widely regarded as one of her generation's most talented soul singers. But the singer also made headlines for other reasons. Her personal life was a source of contention due to her lifestyle and links to several men. However, many people were unaware that the singer had previously been married to Tracey Hinds.
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
Tracey Hinds, an American mortgage broker, is best known as Macy Gray's ex-husband. The ex-couple had three children together but divorced after two years of marriage. However, Macy Gray's ex is not well known despite having ties to a famous name in the American entertainment industry.
|Place of birth
Who is Tracey Hinds?
He is an American mortgage broker best known as the ex-husband of award-winning R&B and soul singer and actress Macy Gray. However, nothing is known about Tracey despite being linked to a well-known figure in the American entertainment industry. So, who is he?
PAY ATTENTION: Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel for more!
1. His early life appears to be a mystery
Tracey Hinds' past is unknown, except that he is an African American man. He was most likely born in the United States as well.
On the other hand, Tracey's career was said to be as a mortgage broker. Although his educational background is unknown, he likely attended a higher education institution and studied a subject related to his profession.
2. He reportedly passed away in 2020
According to a post from his daughter Happy Hinds on Facebook, Tracey reportedly passed away in 2020. In the post dated 21 June 2021, Happy wished Father's Day to all and dedicated the day to his late father.
3. He was in a relationship with Macy Gray for a few years
According to Whos Dated Who, Tracey married Macy Gray for two years, from 1996 to 1997/1998. Unfortunately, the couple divorced in 1998, before Macy's rise to prominence. Their union resulted in the birth of three children: Aanisah, born 17 January 1995; Thamel, born December 1995; and Happy Hinds, born 1997.
4. His ex-wife became famous after the divorce
Tracey Hinds' ex-wife, Macy, signed a record deal with Epic Records in 1998, shortly after their marriage ended. According to The Sun, she collaborated with producer Andrew Slater on her first album, On How Life Is, which was released in 1999.
The album took some time to gain popularity, but after the success of her song I Try the following year, it received widespread critical acclaim. The album received three Grammy nominations and went triple platinum by the end of 2000, selling more than 3 million copies.
Her album, On How Life Is, was followed in 2001 by The Id, which peaked at number 11 on the Billboard charts and was certified gold after selling 500,000 copies.
Tracey Hinds' ex-wife's success wasn't only in music. According to IMDb, Gray also began acting in movies with minor roles in flicks such as Training Day and Spider-Man.
Frequently asked questions
- Who is Macy Gray's ex-husband? Tracey Hinds is known as the ex-husband of Macy Gray. The couple was married for two years and had three children together.
- Does Macy Gray have a daughter? Yes, she does. Aanisah Hinds is the first child of the singer-songwriter, and she was born on January 1995.
- What is Tracey Hinds' net worth? Since Tracey is not a public figure, his exact net worth is unknown. However, based on his longevity as a mortgage broker, his net worth was alleged to be around $1.1 million.
- What happened to Macy Gray and Tracey Hinds? The pair was in a relationship that lasted over five years. In addition, they got married in 1996 but divorced in 1998. Tracey Hinds and Macy union resulted in the birth of three children.
- What is Tracey Hinds' gender? He is male despite his name sounding female. The best evidence is that he fathered three children with Macy.
- Where can you find Tracey Hinds' pictures? Her daughter Happy Hinds shared some of his pictures on her Instagram account as a tribute on Father's Day.
Tracey Hinds is best known as the ex-husband of R&B singer Macy Gray. He had three children with the singer before divorcing her. Tracey lived a private life, with little information about him available. However, Tracey's daughter, Happy, posted a tribute to him on Father's Day 2021 in a post that revealed that he died in 2020.
Yen.com.gh published an article about Shaquille O'Neal's daughter, Amirah O'Neal. Her parents are NBA basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal and actress Shaunie Nelson. Amirah is an upcoming sports celebrity like her dad and currently plays collegiate basketball player for the Texas Southern University (TSU) Tigers.
Who is Shaquille O'Neal's daughter, Amirah O'Neal? Find out five fascinating facts about her early life, siblings, and net worth.
New feature: Сheck out news that is picked for YOU ➡️ find “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!