- A student in the Mathematics department, Henry Anozie, has emerged as the Best Graduating Student of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Dozie said he studied for a minimum of 12 hours every day to achieve the remarkable academic feat
- The Valedictorian graduated with first-class honours with a 4.93 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
Legit.ng journalist Adekunle Dada has over 5-year-experience covering basic and tertiary education in Nigeria and worldwide
Owerri, Imo state - The Best Graduating Student of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), Henry Anozie, said he gave hours to research, projects and studies to achieve that remarkable feat.
The first-class graduate with a 4.93 CGPA in Mathematics said his family background and his carpenter's father motivated him to go for his goal.
Anozie disclosed this during an interview during the FUTO 34th and 35th combined convocation ceremony. The ceremony was held on Saturday 2nd December amidst pomp and excitement.
An X user, @thesocialduke_, shared the video on his page.
He stated that during his time in school, 70% of his attention was on academics while the remaining 30% was on other social activities.
The Valedictorian said he was focused all through his stay in FUTO because he had a clear picture of where he was going irrespective of his background.
“Firstly, you must understand that God is important in everything you do and secondly, give time to studies, It’s not by miracle, I spent hours in the library. I read every day, a minimum of 12 hours, every single day researching, projects and studies. You have to depend on God and study more."
Meet Plumber who graduated with 1st class from FUTO
YEN.ccom.gh reported that Gabriel Eze a 2023 first-class honours graduate of FUTO, defied many odds to achieve this excellent feat, according to his story shared recently on X (formerly Twitter) by Dr Laz Ude Eze, a public health physician.
Narrating Eze's early life, Ude said the fresh graduate lost his father at the age of seven "and the future looked uncertain". However, he would attain excellence at age 23 "through resilience, diligence, and tenacity".
New feature: Сheck out news that is picked for YOU ➡️ click on “Recommended for you” and enjoy!