- Real name: Livingstone Etse Satekla
- Birthday: March 5, 1988
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Star sign: Pisces
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter
- Height: 5’ 11’’ or 1.80 m
Who is Stonebwoy?
Stonebwoy, born Livingstone Etse Satekla on March 5, 1988, in Ashaiman, Ghana. He is a Ghanaian singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is known for his dancehall and reggae music. He is the CEO of Burniton Music Group and one of the most influential artists in Africa. He has won several awards and accolades, including the Best International Act: Africa at the 2015 BET Awards and Artist of the Year at the 2015 Ghana Music Awards. He is also a recipient of two Billboard plaques and a global ambassador for sanitation.
Stonebwoy began making music in his early school days and realised his talents as a lyricist and scriptwriter.
He studied at Methodist Day Secondary School with rapper Sarkodie and later graduated from the University of Professional Studies with a degree in Marketing.
He recorded his first hit single "Climax" featuring Samini under Samini Music label in 2012. He also released "Ghetto Love" featuring Irene Logan that year. Both songs earned him nominations at the Ghana Music Awards.
He released his debut album "Grade 1 Album" in 2012, which contained 17 tracks and featured artists like Tinny and Edem.
He released his second album "Necessary Evil" in 2014, which consisted of 29 tracks and featured artists like Sarkodie. He won the Best International Act: Africa category at the 2015 BET Awards, becoming the first Ghanaian artist to achieve this feat.
He released his third album "Epistles of Mama" in 2017, which was dedicated to his late mother. The album featured artists like Sean Paul, King Promise, Burna Boy, and Kojo Antwi.
He released his fourth album "Anloga Junction" in 2020, which featured artists like Keri Hilson, Nasty C, Diamond Platnumz, Zlatan, and Alicai Harley.
He signed a deal with Universal Music Group's Def Jam Recordings Africa in 2022 and announced that he would release three albums under the label.
Top 10 Best Stonebwoy Songs
Stonebwoy has released over 100 songs in his career, spanning different genres and styles. Some of his best songs are
- "Go Higher" - 2015
- "Mightylele" - 2015
- "People Dey" - 2015
- "Tomorrow" - 2016
- "Hero" - 2017
- "Bawasaaba" - 2018
- "1GAD" - 2020
- “African Party” (2020)
- “Outside” (2021)
- “Therapy” (2022)
Stonebwoy has worked with many local and international artists from different genres on various songs and albums, including Samini and Shatta Wale.
- “Climax” feat. Samini (2012)
- “Baafira” feat. Sarkodie (2014)
- “Sick Inna Head” feat. Burna Boy (2015)
- “Most Original” feat. Sean Paul (2017)
- “Wame” feat. Cassper Nyovest (2018)
- “Nominate” feat. Keri Hilson (2020)
- “Activate” feat. Davido (2020)
Stonebwoy performed at various festivals and concerts around the world. Some of his notable tours are:
- Grade One Tour, 2013, Ghana, UK, Germany
- Necessary Evil Tour, 2015, Ghana, UK, Italy, Germany, Holland, Canada, USA
- Livingstone Tour, 2016, Ghana, UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- Epistles of Mama World Tour, 2018, Ghana, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Germany
- Shuga Europe Tour, 2019, Portugal, Germany, Holland, Spain
- Anloga Junction World Tour, 2021, Ghana, UK, USA
Stonebwoy married Dr Louisa Ansong Satekla, a dentist, on June 16, 2017, in a private ceremony in Accra. They have two children together: a daughter named Catherine-Jidula Tumin Satekla and a son named Janam Joachim Satekla.