Ghanaian Dancehall act, Ebony Reigns died in a gory accident near Mankranso on the Sunyani-Kumasi Highway on the night of Thursday, February, 8, 2018.
Ebony was returning from Sunyani where she had visited her mother.
The accident also claimed the lives of two others, Franky Kuri, a friend of Ebony, and Francis Atsu Vondee, a soldier who was a bodyguard the artiste.
The tragic incident has thrown the nation into mourning with many paying tributes to the young singer.
READ ALSO: Prophet names two people he claims are responsible for Ebony's death
YEN.com.gh brings some quick facts about Ebony that sums up her life, some of which, you probably did not know.
1. Her official name is Priscilla Opoku Kwarteng
2. Born on February 16, 1997, she would have been 21 years next Friday.
3. She was born and raised at Dansoman
4. Her parents are Nana Opoku Kwarteng, said to be a chief, and Madam Beatrice Oppong.
5. She had her basic education Seven Great Princes Academy at Dansoman. She then proceeded to the Methodist Girls SHS at Mamfe in the Eastern Region.
READ ALSO: Video: How Ebony's tragic accident actually happened - Driver speaks
6. She dropped out of SHS while in her second year after convincing her father to allow her pursue a career in music
7. Ebony was discovered by Bullet of Ruff n Smooth fame after a voice recording of her singing got to him.
8. She released her first song 'Dancefloor' in 2015 which earned her a nomination in the Unsung Category of the 2016 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs).
9. She then released her first major hit single “Kupe” in March 2016 and the hits kept coming. "Poison", "Sponsor", "Date Ur Fada", "Hustle (m3di wo dwa)" and "Maame Hw3" are some of her best works. In fact, no artiste has had more concurrent hit tracks on the Ghanaian music scene than Ebony.
READ ALSO: 12 hard truths we gathered from Ebony's shocking accident
10. She dominated the 2017 BASS Awards held last December and had been highly tipped to become the first ever female to win the coveted Artiste of the Year in Ghana accolade at the 2018 edition of the VGMAs to be held somewhere in April. As things stand now, she will likely set the record being the first posthumous winner.
11. She was the hottest artiste in town and featured at almost every recognisable entertainment event in the country. She was actually returning to Accra to prepare for a European tour on Saturday, February 10. The tour included her headlining the Europe version of the Ghana Meets Naija concert in Belgium.
12. In the last few weeks before her death, there were reports of a rift between Ebony and her manager, Bullet. There were claims that she had started disrespecting her manager
READ ALSO: Video: Last moments of Ebony Reigns before tragic accident
13. She was often deemed controversial. Being a very good dancer herself, her energetic and raunchy stagecraft coupled with her 'unique' sense of fashion often dominated entertainment headlines. In November 2017, she suffered heavy criticisms after parts of her body got exposed at the 4Syte Music Awards in what looked like a wardrobe malfunction.
14. Apart from her official and stage names, Ebony Reigns is also known as "the Original 90s badgyal". In the house, both her mother and father refer to her as "Ohemaa (Queen)". But before she became Ebony, she was "Corruption". Yes, that was how she was referred in her SHS days.
Indeed, the Ebony's life was short but she made her mark.
READ ALSO: Ebony's mum breaks silence over her "baby girl's" death
Your stories and photos are always welcome.