Considering the current economic situation, it is very necessary to take proper budget management seriously.
This responsibility especially lies with the women because they mostly go shopping for the home and the family.
The fact remains that food items have become expensive in recent times, and not just food items but also some other household items.
READ ALSO: Fair-complexioned ladies are my weakness – Zylofone ‘disqualifies’ Fella Makafui
It is therefore prudent that shoppers get good offers for what they buy and eat.
YEN.com.gh brings you 5 destinations within the city of Accra, where one can shop for all the needed foodstuff and household items with less cash. Some people may already know of these destinations. In that case, the article serves as a gentle reminder.
1. Agbogbloshie: Agbogbloshie is a popular market within Accra Central. It is widely believed that most market traders who sell at various smaller markets around the cities get their wares from Agbogbloshie. It is a big market located near Makola, in Accra.
It is said that farmers from most villages outside Accra bring their wares to Agbogbloshie to sell early in the morning. Therefore, a quick visit to the market offers buyers not just good and affordable prices for goods and services, but also fresh foods.
2. Dome Market: Dome Market is located off the Accra-Kumasi Highway. It is the biggest market in this area, providing services for people around Mile 7, Kwabenya, Achimota, and other surrounding areas. Just like Agbogbloshie, the Dome Market also records a high number of farmers who bring all sorts of fresh foodstuff from the villages to sell at affordable price.
3. Kantamanto: The Kantamanto Market is also very popular in Accra. Many people troop there to get clothes for the family. It is widely speculated that most dresses trending in town are purchased from Kantamanto.
The traders are said to make the clothes themselves, and after, cut labels of clothing line such as ‘Next’ ‘Atmosphere’, ‘H&M’, and others from old clothes to fix on the new ones they have made in a bid to make them ‘international’ brand for quick market.
Nevertheless, most of the clothes are nice, neat, of good quality and above all affordable. It is said that one could get the best deal when a visit to Kantamanto is made early in the morning.
READ ALSO: Social Media user ‘exposes’ Fella Makafui and Zylofon boss, says she is his ‘side-chick’
4. Makola: The Makola Market is known to be the mother of all markets in Accra, so to speak. Here, one can shop for everything one can think of.
This is because the market is large with lots of goods. This is where all the big shops, and most trading companies are located. According to speculations, the Makola Market records over 100, 000 visitors in a day.
5. Mallam Market: This market serves the environs of Dansoman, McCarthy Hill, Awoshie, Mallam, and other close by areas. Like the others discussed above, food items are affordable at the Mallam market. Aside from that there are also affordable household items such as clothes, others at the Mallam Market.
Always remember that to live healthily does not depend on a big budget, but rather the ability to get good quality and affordable foodstuff even with little cash. Look to these shopping destinations for all your foodstuff and household needs.
READ ALSO: Juliet Ibrahim lays break-up rumour with Nigerian boyfriend to rest in latest video
Star Gist on YEN brings you an exclusive interview with upcoming music star S3fa:
READ ALSO: Counselor Lutterodt’s strategy for fame exposed by ‘best friend’
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page