The oldest African president may have been ousted from the presidency but this legacy lives on thanks to the Robert Mugabe quotes. Whether in the statehouse or on the streets, his comical approach on real life circumstances has left many people across the globe acknowledge the old adage that indeed wisdom comes with age. Funny as his quotes may appear, the old man led a very serious life no wonder he was able to serve his country for about thirty seven years. In this article, we are going to delve deeper into some of his leadership quotes, inspirational quotes and most importantly his funny quotes.
READ ALSO: Funny memes about love
Robert Mugabe’s quotes
When it comes to wisdom, Robert Mugabe’s quotes rank high with the likes of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther Jr, Confucius you name them. He’s first class mind gives a vivid description of every facet of humanity he wants to put across.
Here is a list of Robert Mugabe leadership quotes. These were the Robert Mugabe best quotes.
When asked whether his grooming a leader, this was what he had to say;
- Grooming a successor, is it inheritance? In a democratic party, you don’t want leaders appointed that way. They have to be appointed properly by the people.
His quotes in UNGA 2017;
- May I say to the United States president, Mr. Trump, please blow your trumpet. Blow your trumpet in a musical way towards the value of unity, peace, cooperation, togetherness, dialogue, which we have always stood for.
- Some of us were embarrassed if not frightened by what appeared to be the return of the biblical giant gold Goliath. Are we having a return of Goliath to our midst, who threatens the extinction of other countries?
On United States presidents George Bush and Barack Obama, this is what he had to say questioning what they stood for;
- I have just concluded- since Obama endorses same-sex marriage, advocates for homosexual people and enjoys an attractive countenance- thus if it becomes necessary, I shall travel to Washington DC, get down on my knee, and ask his hand.
- Let Mr. Bush read history correctly. Let him realize that both personally and in his representative capacity as the current president of the United States, he stands for this ‘civilization’ which occupied, colonized, which incarcerated, which killed. He has much to atone for and very little to lecture us on the universal declaration of human rights. His hand drips with innocent blood of many nationalities.
On his attack on Britain, this is what he had to say;
On a human right campaigner Peter Tatchell attempts of a citizen’s arrest on Mugabe.
- We are still exchanging blows with the British government. They are using gay gangsters. Each time I pass through London, the gangster regime of Blair expresses its dismay
- We have fought for our land, we have fought for our sovereignty, and small as we are, we have won our independence and we are prepared to shed our blood… so Blair keep your England and let me keep my Zimbabwe
On homosexuality these are the quotes by Robert Mugabe. They depict a man with a firm grip on moral values for his citizens. This is what he had to say.
- We reject attempts to prescribe new rights that are contrary to our values, norms, traditions and beliefs. We are not gay!
- We ask was he born out of homosexuality. We need continuity of our race, and that comes from the woman and no to homosexuality. John and John, no; Maria and Maria, no. they are worse than dogs and pigs. I keep pigs and the male pigs know the female ones
On Imperialism, he had the following to say;
- Africa must revert to what it was before the imperialists divided it. These are artificial divisions which we in our pan-African concept will seek to remove.
Robert Mugabe Motivational quotes
This category constitutes Robert Gabriel Mugabe famous quotes; they are many in number. However, I will sample out 10 that I see fit for this article. Though Robert Mugabe quotes funny as they are, some of Robert Mugabe’s quote echo with inspirations. Let’s cast an eye at some of Robert Mugabe inspirational quotes;
- We of Africa protest that in this day and age, we should continue to be treated as lesser human beings than other races.
- We have said we will never collapse, never ever, we may have our droughts, our poverty, but as a people, we shall never collapse, never ever.
- The land is ours, it’s not European and we have taken it, we have given it to the rightful people… those of the white extraction who happened to be in the country and are farming are welcome to do so but they must do so on the basis of equality.
- The struggle hasn’t ended. It’s only just begun in our view. In the sense that if all goes well during the elections and we emerge as the government, there will still be another form of struggle. But there’s going to be lots of work in reconstruction, resettling people. In the initial period we will expect all the support groups we have here in Britain and elsewhere to concentrate their efforts in enabling us to resettle our people.
READ ALSO: Sweet good night quotes for friends
- I think that the movement is weak in Zimbabwe, much weaker that it is in Italy, for example, much weaker than it is in Spain, much weaker than it is even in German, although there the groups are small they are vociferous and you get them speaking loudly and organizing.
- I am still the Hitler of the time. This Hitler has only one objective, justice for his own people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of independence of his people, and their right to their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be Hitler ten folds. Ten times that is what we stand for.
- Don’t drink at all, don’t smoke, you must exercise and eat vegetables and fruits.
- Only God who appointed me will remove me, not MDC, not the British. Only God will remove me.
- It may be necessary to use methods other than constitutional ones.
- We are not hungry… why foist this food upon us? We don’t want to be choked. We have enough.
Robert Mugabe quotes about life
Sometimes life can turn into something unbearable, how about we looked at it using his way? On life issues, there are Robert Mugabe quotes about love and Robert Mugabe quotes on witchcraft. Quotes under both categories are listed below; here you will find some of rib cracking quotes by the former president of Zimbabwe;
- Sometimes you look back at girls you spent money on rather than send it to your mum and you realize that witchcraft is real.
- Don’t fight over girlfriends. The country is full of beautiful women. If you can’t get one come to Mugabe for assistance.
- Dear ladies, if your boyfriend didn’t wish you a happy mother’s day or sing sweet mother for you, you should stop breastfeeding him.
- If over 15 guys sucked your breast, you don’t need to call those things “your breasts”. It’s called COW BELL, OUR MILK! Repeat after me OUR MILK!
- If you are ugly, you are ugly. Stop talking about inner beauty because men don’t walk around with x-rays to seen inner beauty.
- Whenever things seem to start going well in your life, the Devil comes along and gives you a girlfriend.
- Dear sisters, don’t be deceived by a man who texts you “I miss you” only when it’s raining, because you are not an umbrella.
- If you have attended over 100 weddings in your life and are still single, you are not different from a canopy.
- If a girl is beautiful with empty brains, it is her private parts that suffers.
- Treat every part of you towel nicely because the part that wipes your behind might wipe your face tomorrow.
On sports quotes Robert Mugabe to be counted too; this quote is widely known, however it is unclear whether the wisest man of our time ever said it;
- Cricket civilizes people and creates good gentlemen. I want everyone to play cricket in Zimbabwe; I want ours to be a nation of gentlemen.
What else can we desire for Robert Mugabe other than long life? He definitely has to live because he is the kind of a person who puts a smile on our faces. With him there can never be a dull day. All days are filled with laughter. He may be called Hitler, a dictator or any other name but that doesn’t make him different from who he truly is. All hail Robert Mugabe your quotes echo into eternity.