The Valley View University is a privately owned university located at Oyibi, in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. The institution is one of the tertiary institutions owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Valley View University has been considered as one of the prestigious universities in Ghana. Being an offshoot of the Seventh-day Adventist education system automatically makes it a Christian community. It provides students from different walks of life with a serene environment to pursue their academic dreams. This article will provide you with detailed and updated information concerning the Valley View University distance learning programs.
Choosing the right university to study in is a crucial step to success. The fact that you have busy days at work does not mean that you should put off your desire to study. Enroll in a school that has your best interest at heart. Such an institution will provide you with the necessary platform to pursue your studies regardless of the time limits. Valley View's distance learning program is ideal for the busy executive that still wants to advance academically. If for one reason or another, you are unable to get out of the house to class, then this is a program that will suit you perfectly.
About Valley View University
Valley View came into existence in 1979, through the West African Union mission of Seventh-day Adventists. The university was initially known as the Adventist Missionary College (AMC). Its first location was at Bekwai-Ashanti, but it was later moved to Adenta near Accra in 1983. In 1989, it was also moved to Oyibi on the Accra-Dodowa Road. This is its current location.
The Valley View University was accredited by National Accreditation Board of the Government of Ghana in 1997. Since then, the Adventist Accrediting Association (AAA) has been evaluating and reviewing its accreditation status. The accreditation allowed the university to award its own degrees unlike before when it was an affiliate of Griggs University. It was the first private university in Ghana to receive accreditation.
The Valley View University serves students from all parts of the world. Qualified students are encouraged to apply for any course regardless of their religious backgrounds. The students will be expected to accept the Christian lifestyle and principles since these are the principles used to run the school.
For a long time, the university has been one of the best universities in Ghana. The proof of this is seen through the different awards it has received over time. For example, in 2006, the former incumbent leader of Ghana Mr. John Kufuor made it the first Ghanaian Chartered Private University, making it the first university in Ghana to receive such an award. In addition to the mission of the University of molding professional scholars, its goal is to impart spiritual values and desirable moral values to its students.
The Valley View University has a distance learning department. Distance learning at Valley View University has enabled many people to learn while at home or work. Anyone with the right qualifications and a desire to pursue further studies can enroll at the university for this program.
Programmes being offered in Valley View University
The courses are classified according to the campuses that they are offered at. These are:
1. Main campus, Oyibi Accra
- MBA in Banking and Finance
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA Strategic Management
- MSc in Administration – International Development
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Pastoral Ministry
VVU Under-Graduate programmes available
- BA Religious Studies –Regular/Distance
- BA Theological Studies –Regular
- BBA Accounting –Regular/Distance
- BBA Banking and Finance –Regular/Distance
- BBA Human Resource Management – Regular/Distance
- BBA Management –Regular/Distance
- BBA Marketing – Regular/Distance
- BEd Accounting with Mathematics or Management- Regular/Sandwich
- BEd Basic Education –Regular
- BEd English Language with Religion or Social Studies Regular/Sandwich
- BEd Management with Accounting –Regular/Sandwich
- BEd Mathematics with Accounting –Regular/Sandwich
- BEd Religious Studies with English Language – Regular/Sandwich
- BEd Social Studies with English Language – Regular/Sandwich
- BEd Information Technology – Regular
- BSc Computer Science -Regular
- BSc Information Technology –Regular
- BSc Development Studies - Regular
- BSc Nursing –Regular/Summer
VVU Diploma/Certificate programmes available
- Diploma in Bio-Medical Equipment Technology – Regular
- Certificate in Bio-Medical Equipment Technology – Sandwich
2. Techiman campus
Under-Graduate Programmes options available
- BBA Accounting – Regular/Distance
- BBA Human Resource Management – Regular/Distance
- BBA Management – Regular/Distance
- BBA Marketing – Regular/Distance
- BEd Accounting –Regular/Sandwich
- BEd English Language – Regular/Sandwich
- BEd Mathematics – Regular/Sandwich
- BEd Social Studies – Regular/Sandwich
- BSc Agribusiness – Regular
- BSc Information Technology – Regular
Institute of Computer Science Existing Basic Certificate & Professional courses
- Basic Courses in Computer Studies
- Computer Software Applications
- Computer Hardware & Networking
- Linux Administration & Support
- Fundamentals of Software
- Graphics & Web Design
- Programming with C#.NET or VB.NET
- CISCO Certified Network Administrator
- System Administration & Support
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
3. Short courses are offered at Nyaniba Estate and Oyibi Campuses. They include:
- REDHAT Certificate
- Website Development & Administration
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Oracle Database Administrator Dev.
- ACCESS Programmes
- American High Diploma certificate
- University Access Programme
4. Other campuses
- Techiman – Regular, Distance, Sandwich as well as University Access Programmes are offered.
- Accra (Nyaniba Estate) – Regular or Evening programmes are offered. These include certificate, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Kumasi (Kwadaso) – Centre for Distance Learning
Cutting edge Programmes:
- BSc. Actuarial Science (Insurance)
- BSc Mathematics with Statistics
- BSc Mathematics with Economics
Valley View University sandwich courses
The Valley View University provides employment opportunities to its students to encourage them to value the essence of industrial occupation. You will be at liberty to work for a maximum of four years. The employment is subject to remuneration, which is a relief to students experiencing financial difficulties. If you want to work and study simultaneously, you need to subscribe to the Sandwich program at the university. The application form is available on the website. Download it, fill it appropriately and have it submitted.
Valley View University distance education
If you are working or you want to study from home, there are some online courses provided by the institution. All you need is a computer and stable internet connection. Studying online reduces the traveling costs and expenses associated with the same. You also get to save on accommodation costs. Distance learning gives workers an opportunity to improve their skills.
You are encouraged to seek a payment contract. This will help you figure out a payment mode that is convenient for you. If you make the payment in full, a waiver will be applied. In addition, a scholarship is provided to confirmed Seventh-day Adventist students undertaking Adventist theology courses. The tables below shows the fees charged for each course:
School of Business
School of Sciences
School of Education
School of Theology and Missions
School of Arts and Social Sciences
Undergraduate program (distance mode, summer, and sandwich)
The chief determinant of whether you qualify for university education in Ghana is the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE). The other recognized bodies in Ghana are the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), and General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
You are expected to provide a proof of age and at the same time, pass a mature entrance examination that is often conducted by the university. The minimum qualifications are:
- Grade C6 and above in the core Subjects: Mathematics, English, and a science subject.
- For non-science students an average grade of C6 in three optional subjects.
- An aggregate Grade 6 credit pass in ordinary level subjects (Mathematics, English and Science subject)
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) with Grade D in the core subjects (English, Mathematics, and Integrated Science and Grade D in three optional subjects.
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications, you can proceed with online registration. This will in turn pave way for your admission into the university. The student portal will require you to create your own account before you are allowed to fill the application form. You should have academic documents, passport photo, and birth certificate at hand. You should also attach the essential documents after you are done filling the application form. You should as well ensure that the application form is correctly filled before submitting. After the selection process is done, the admission list is published on the main web page. You can access the results there.
Valley View University iSchool
The Valley View University has an Oyibi undergraduate iSchool which allows you to register for the courses and view previous grades. VVU iSchool is a management system that will enable you to select and register for the semester courses. The students are also provided with an opportunity to submit their complaints. Everything you need to know about the institution and what it offers is available on iSchool.
For more information:
You can write to the school through the postal address 183 Techiman B/A Ghana
You can also call on 0352097025.
You can also use the website is www.vvu.edu.gh to get more info or
Use the email address is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to make inquiries.
Valley View University offers a lot more in addition to academic programs. Students from other countries can also apply. They will, however, need to cover for their accommodation and transport expenses once they join the university. All students will receive the same opportunities as long as they gain entry into the university. Students can also work from home through the Valley View University distance learning programs offered online. For distance learning, get a good computer with stable internet connection. Enroll now to get quality education and achieve your academical dreams.