Getting admitted and registered into your university of choice is something that many people wish for. Valley View University is that school for many students. Almost everyone is interested in what the university has to offer, especially the education programs. Knowing what is expected of you in terms of qualification for courses and the expected fees will help you plan better. Take advantage of this and secure a spot for yourself to pursue your dream course.
Valley View University has a list of good courses one can apply for. This article provides you with detailed information about Valley View courses plus their fees. These programs are also open to international students. The Valley View University grading system is another perk that the school has, and the institution receives thousands of applications each year.
Valley View University Ghana
In 1979, the West African Union of Seventh-Day Adventists established this great institution. At the time of its conception, the school was named Adventist Missionary College and was located in Bekwai-Ashanti. After a few years in 1983, the school was moved to Adenta, Accra, and finally to its current location in Oyibi.
Since a Christian institution founded the school, it is safe to assume that Christianity is the baseline of its operations. This, however, does not mean that the university discriminates against its students based on their religion. Valley View University is open to all students of any religion, as long as they will accept the Christian principles that the school was founded on.
If you check your student portal and see that you are on the Valley View University admission list, the next step is to choose the course you intend to take. There are a variety of courses available in the undergraduate category. The courses are typically divided into schools, so it is important to know which school or faculty your course is in.
School of Business
If you are interested in taking any business course at the university, these are the undergraduate courses offered:
- BBA Accounting
- BBA Management
- BBA Marketing
- BBA Banking and Finance
- BBA Human Resource Management
It is important to note that all the courses in this section are offered at the same fee, depending on what type of student you are.
READ ALSO: Cape Coast Technical University 2020/2021: programmes and admissions
Faculty of Science
This school also has several Undergraduate Science courses. They include the following;
- Bachelor of Science (BSc): Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (BSc): Information Technology
- Bachelors of Science (BSc): Mathematics with Statistics
- Bachelor of Science (BSc): Mathematics with Economics
- Bachelor of Science (BSc): Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science (BSc): Bio-medical equipment technology.
- Diploma in Biomedical Equipment Technology
School of Education
If you are looking for Education Courses in Valley View University Ghana, you are in the right place. The undergraduate programs offered here are;
- B.Ed. Education Information Technology
- B.Ed. Management
- B.Ed. Accounting
- B.Ed. Religious Studies
- B.Ed. Mathematics
- B.Ed. English Language
- B.Ed. Social studies
READ ALSO: Regent University courses, admission and fees
School of Theology and Missions
Only one undergraduate course is offered in this school, Bachelor of Arts Theology Studies.
School of Arts and Social Sciences
Bachelor of Science Development Studies is the only degree course offered in this school.
School of nursing and midwifery
Those who are interested in either nursing or becoming a midwife, the following courses are for you:
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Midwifery
- BSc Mental health
Undergraduate program modes
There are several modes for taking the undergraduate program. We have a long-distance mode, the summer mode, and the sandwich mode.
There are a few points to take note of. These are:
- The June and July Nursing Summer Session constitutes two semester
- The Valley View University sandwich courses you take in August form a semester, whereas December and April form another semester.
- There are additional costs involved during the program. The extra fee comes in to complement the course program. This is for all the students who registered research projects, attachments, internships and teaching practices off campus.
The school offers courses for those students who are pursuing their masters or their doctorate of philosophy degrees. Let us look at the graduate programs offered plus their costs.
- Master of Business Administration (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Banking and Finance)
- Master of Business Administration (Strategic Management)
- MSc Administration (International Development) – Collaborative programme with Andrews University, USA
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (MEd)
- Master of Philosophy in Curriculum and Instruction (MPhil)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pastoral Ministry (PGDM)
- Master of Education in Administration and Leadership (MEd)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
READ ALSO: KSTU online course registration 2020/2021 for admission explained
Valley View University short courses
In addition to the mentioned Bachelor of Science Information Technology course above, the following IT short courses are also offered at Oyibi and Nyaniba Estate Campuses. The courses take about a year to complete.
- Computer Software Applications
- Basic Courses in Computer Studies
- Linux Administration & Support
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Computer Hardware & Networking
- Graphics & Web Design
- Fundamentals of Software
- Programming with C#.NET or VB.NET
- System Administration & Support
- CISCO Certified Network Administrator
We also have the certificate courses that take around three months:
- Website Development & Administration
- REDHAT Certificate
- Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Oracle Database Administrator Development.
- Certified Ethical Hacker
Fee payment options
Valley View university makes fee payment possible through the following options. You can, therefore, opt for one which suits you best.
- First option; Full payment of the fee.
- Second Option; Payment through Installments in the following breakdown:
- 50% before registration
- 80% by Mid Semester and
- 100% before you sit for your final Examinations.
- The third option; this involves Parents/Students/Guardian applying for an individual fee payment contract.
Valley View University is one of the biggest universities in Ghana. You can choose to study the course of your choice at any of the university’s four campuses. Valley View University Kumasi campus is one of the branches you should consider, the others are Techima, Accra (Nyaniba Estate), Accra (Oyibi Estate), and Tokaradi. More information about the university can be found on the Valley View University bulletin, which you can download and read.
READ ALSO: GIMPA courses and fees: List of programs offered in 2020
- Central University College fees, courses, and admission in Ghana
- Private universities in Ghana: Top 10 in 2020
- UDS admission list: check your 2019/2020 admission status