Ghana Water Company Limited was established in the year 1999. The company resulted from the conversion of Ghana water and sewerage corporation under the conversion to company Act 461 of 1993 as amended by LI 1648. Since then, Ghana Water Company Limited has been the main supply of water in Ghana. We have compiled a list of Ghana Water Company contacts that might be of help to you in case you may ever need to contact them.
Read on to this article and get to know the companies responsibilities and their various branches and their contacts across Ghana
Ghana Water Company Limited contacts
All Ghana water company limited contacts are reachable. Therefore, customers should be free to visit any GWCL office, call or send a message in case of consultation, complain compliment among other reasons. Below are the different branches and their contacts.
Ghana Water Company head office contacts
For any consultations you can visit the GWCL head offices, visit their websites or contact them through:
- Physical address: 28th February road,(Near independence square), Accra
- Postal address: P.O Box M194, Accra- Ghana
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .gh
Ghana water company Legon contacts
In Legon, the company supplies water for public and social services including institutions, water for agricultural purposes and for construction.
- Physical address: East Legon, Accra.
- Telephone: 0302507484 /0302507485
Ghana water company Accra contacts
The Ghana water company limited has set offices in three regions of Accra. Customers can contact them as below;
Accra East region
- Postal address: P.O Box 1840, Accra
- Telephone: 0302-77
- Fax line 0302-777715
Accra West Region
Postal address: P. O Box DC 998, Dansonman
- Telephone: 0302-774011/2
- Fax line : 0302 – 774715
Ghana Water Company call center
For urgent reasons, the company has a call center managed by professional customer care personnel .Below are the lines;
Call center adjacent to 37 Military hospitals
- Toll free on Vodafone : 080040000
- Telephone : 0207385088/020738089/0207385090/03022218240
GWCL master control room
- Telephone : 0207385087(24 hours)/0502917601/030774707
- Other lines: 0302218240/0207385088-90
- Whatsapp : 0555123393/0555155524
Ghana water company offices
You can also be served from other GWCL offices within the region. Below are their contacts and locations;
Central Region offices
- Postal address: P.O Box 377, Cape Coast
- Telephone: 0332-133289
- Fax line : 0332-132307
- Postal address: P.O Box 163, Tema
- Telephone: 0303202832/3
- Fax line: 0303-202214
Ashanti South Region
- Postal address: P.O Box KS 767, Kumasi
- Telephone: 03220-23241/3
- Fax line : 03220-26989
Ashanti North Region
- Postal address: P.O Box KS 767, Kumasi
- Telephone: 03220-20793
- Fax line : 0322026989
- Postal address: P.O Box 41, HO
- Telephone: 03620-26516
- Fax line : 03620-28154
Brong Ahafo Region
- Postal address: P.O Box 88, Sunyani
- Telephone: 03520-27187
- Fax line : 03520-27188
Ghana water Company Limited also have an online service where a customers can check their account details, check their water consumption and bills, report complains(with photo or video evidence), fill new service connection application form and also pay their bills. Below is the procedure to register;
1. Download and install a “GWCL customer app” from playstore
2. Click “create an account” – existing customers will choose “Register GWCL customer” while new applicants will choose “Select Non-GWCL Customer”.
3. Fill the form details
4. Create your username and password
5. Click on register
You can visit Ghana Water Company website to get the approved tariffs and rates
READ ALSO: Top Multinational Companies in Ghana 2018
Ghana Water Company Limited responsibilities
Below are their responsibilities;
1. They provide safe water to all urban communities in Ghana.
2. They research and conduct surveys related to water.
3. They are involved in designing, constructing and maintenance of water pipes and other infrastructures used in water supply.
4. They ensure the Ghana urban communities gets access to adequate and clean water.
5. They are involved in planning and developments of water supply systems in all regions of Ghana.
6. They submit periodic proposals to the public utility regulatory commission for review of tariffs.
1. Ghana Water Company limited manages applications for new water connections, monitors closely new subscriptions and are custodians of the customer’s files.
2. They sign the water supply contracts with their customers.
3. They calculate and issue and demand the water bills.
4. The GWCL also collects water revenue from their customers.
5. They disconnects water supply to customers who do not pay for consumption or dictate penalties to those who commits other offenses.
6. The company engineers also monitor the supply keenly to regulate illegal connections.
In case of any assistance that you may need from the Ghana Water Company Limited, You can get to their office or even contact the for prompt assistance.