Do your windows phones keep on hanging? Are you wondering how to bypass your windows phone pin lock, password or pattern that you forgot? Do not worry. This content will provide you with reliable information on how to handle the issues. In today’s world, a mobile phone is essential in providing communication, marketing, and socializing platforms. This is made possible by installing various mobile phone applications. Nothing should separate you from enjoying all these; not even a slow windows phone. Below are the procedural steps applicable on how to hard reset windows phone for different models of windows phones.
These procedures may also be applicable while resetting different models of Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 mobile phones. For instance; Nokia and Microsoft Lumia 435, 520, 530, 532, 535, 550,620, 625,630, 635, 638, 640, 650,720, 730, 735, 830, 920, 925, 930, 950, 950XL, 1020, 1320, 1520 among other models.
Resetting windows phone
When you carry a Window phone hard reset, it is evident that all your applications, phone numbers, messages, videos, music, documents, and all the general history will be erased. This implies that your Windows phone will be restored to its initial state (new state).To avoid this, you are advised to remove your SIM card, your external memory, set up a back up if possible or transfer your relevant data to a laptop or PC.
How to hard reset or factory reset a Microsoft Lumia 535
The below steps to hard reset your windows phone may consume between one and seven minutes depending on your device.
- The initial phase is switching off your mobile phone. Ensure that you have transferred all the useful documents to avoid losing them.
- Now, press and hold the volume down button and then connect your charger.
- Continue pressing until you observe an exclamation mark on your screen.
- After the appearance of the mark on your screen, release the pressed buttons.
- Carefully, push the below buttons following the listed sequence;
- The volume up button
- Then the volume down button
- Press the power button
- Finally, press the volume down button
If you applied the above procedure accordingly on your Nokia Lumia 535, it would restore then, reboot.
How to reset windows phone 8/8.1 or Windows 10
This is a different make of a Windows phone. The procedure to hard reset it may vary from the other makes. Here is how to do it.
- Press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously for ten to fifteen seconds until you feel a vibration on your phone.
- After the vibration, release the held buttons and immediately long press the volume down button until an exclamation mark appears on the screen
- You then press the following buttons:
- Press the volume up button
- Press the volume down button
- Press the power button
- Press again the volume down button
- Follow the given procedure to the latter for effective response.
How to factory reset Nokia Lumia running on windows ten via settings
This is a different phone again altogether. Resetting it to factory settings differs from the models mentioned above. The process for this one is slightly different.
- First, open up the mobile phones settings
- Tap on the system option
- Then tap on the about option
- Select on resetting your phone
- The first prompt will appear. Tap yes
- Then the second warning appears. Also, tap yes.
Your Nokia Lumia Smartphone will then restore to its initial state.
Restoring a previous version of windows
On the contrary, if you had earlier installed Windows 10 but you’re not contented with its operation, you can as well restore it back to Windows 8.1. This action will require a PC or a laptop, a Windows phone recovery tool (works with any Windows phone model) and a Lumia Software Recovery Tool in case you are resetting a Lumia phone.
How to restore Lumia 635 (windows 10 to windows 8.1)
- Tap on the smartphone's settings and then click ABOUT
- A preview page will display containing:
- Your registered name
- Your phone's model
- Your phone's software and other help contents.
Remember, if you proceed with the action, all your data will be erased. You are therefore advised to set up a backup for your data. In case you have no end up, you only have an option of hard resetting your device. This is how to create a data backup; Go to your phone settings, Tap on updates and recovery then, select back up.
How to restore a Lumia phone (using Lumia software recovery tool)
The recovery tool is an application downloadable from the internet. Once you have downloaded it on your computer or PC, you can proceed with the procedure. If you haven't, you can download it and resume restoring your phone.
- Install the Lumia software recovery tool
- Connect your Windows phone to a laptop or a PC
- Launch the recovery tool
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the ‘install’ option, then follow the wizard.
- The device will give you an opportunity to secure your data by asking you to acknowledge that you accept to lose your data
- After admitting that, you may click back and wait until the recovery takes place.
READ ALSO: How to hard reset Infinix phones
How to restore a windows phone (via a window’s phone recovery tool)
The recovery tool is also a downloadable application for computers. After downloading, proceed with the steps.
- Install the recovery tool
- Connect your Windows phone to a PC or a laptop
- Launch the recovery tool
- When your phone is recognized, click on it then follow the wizard instructions on the screen.
- You will then be allowed to restore from a backup or start afresh.
- When it completes, it will get back to the initial set up.
If you perform this successfully, your mobile phone will be running Windows 8.1 and Windows ten as earlier. The time consumed to achieve this varies depending on your computer or your smartphone.
Note: This procedure will not apply to update to the latest Windows 8.1.1. In that case, you would need to reinstall the windows app.
How to reset an hTC windows phone
These steps are not applicable to an Android hTC phone but to resetting a hTC windows phone.
- Switch off your hTC smartphone
- Simultaneously, press and simultaneously hold down the volume and the power buttons
- Wait until an icon displays on your smart phone screen, then release the held buttons
- Press the below buttons, following their listed order:
- Press volume up button
- Press volume down button
- Press the power button
- Press the volume button
- Wait until your hTC phone resets. You will recognize the reset since your phone will restart.
Commonly, resetting a Windows phone is performed by tapping on the factory reset option. In the case where you cannot locate the option, press and hold simultaneously, the volume down button and the power button. A menu will appear in which you can scroll down to the factory reset option. Secondly, if you are experiencing some software issues that are preventing you from accessing the touch screen or the menu, you can start by performing a soft reset then proceed with the hard reset.
If still, you are wondering how to bypass Windows phone password, consider carrying a hard reset on it using the above procedures depending on the model of your smartphone.
How to bypass windows ten mobile phone security pin code
Security pin codes assist in providing the needed privacy on your device. People are fond of reading text messages, viewing photos and videos and going through other people’s emails. Setting a unique pin is a solution to this. However, the problem arises if we forget these pin codes. For security purposes, Windows ten phone owner should enable the ‘Find my phone feature’ using the below procedure:
- Tap on the settings.
- Select update and recovery.
- Then tap on ’find my phone.’
- After that, toggle the option that saves the location of your windows phone.
When doing this, ensure your SIM card is inserted and enabled. In the case where you key-in a wrong security pin several times, Windows 10 automatically blocks you. Sometimes, you would even be asked to restart your phone before trying again.
Below is a procedure on how to bypass the forgotten pin and acquire another badge of your choice;
- Ensure your mobile phone is accessible, connected to the internet and is charged.
- Visit Microsoft account and then tap on your device.
- Tap on 'find my phone'. You will be given three options; Ring option, lock option and erase possibility.
- Tap on the lock option. You will be offered a chance to set a 6-digit pin accompanied by a message and an alternative contact number.
- Tap on lock again. Your phone will then get locked with a new pin.
- Use the pin to unlock your phone.
For your information, if you tap on the ring option instead, your Windows phone will ring even if the SIM card was removed, provided your Windows phone is charged.
Situations that may push you to hard reset your phone
- If you forget your screen pin, pattern or password
- If your Windows phone is experiencing a delay in operation due to a problem with its operating system
- If you installed an infected app, for instance, a game, which is causing more harm than good to your phone
- If your smartphone frequently hangs due to low space
The procedures on how to hard reset your phone should be carried out carefully to avoid further damage to the phone. Use the method that best suits your phone make and the version of Windows that your phone operates on.