Ada College of Education is an institution whose name preceded it. As an applicant, one should always be mindful of what is required of him or her when applying for various courses in different institutions. You should ensure that your details have been verified by your college of choice. It is also important to note that when you submit falsified or fake information in your application, you may face legal consequences of your actions. Admission requirements to Ada College of Education in various course options, therefore, are no exception, which must be followed and should give a true reflection of a candidate's detail before application and submission to the college for approval and acceptance.
READ ALSO: 10 top private senior high schools in Accra
Applicants are advised to be patient and wait for all their results before applying as the results provided at the time of submission usually will be used in choosing successful students. Applicants also are advised to keenly read and understand the instructions given in the admission documents to know what is expected of them since the information submitted at the time of application can earn you a place in the college or disqualify them. These admission requirements can be searched on the college’s website or visiting the college to know what is expected of an applicant instead of submitting application only to be disappointed at the last minutes.
Ada College of Education, formerly called Ada Teacher Training College, is one of the 46 Public Colleges of Education established in the year 1965 which is responsible for training professional teachers in the Basic Education Level. This school is under the Ministry of Education and entry is managed and supervised by Principals of College Education abbreviated as princof. Like all other higher learning institution, ADA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (ADACOE) boasts to be a center of excellence in the development of disciplined, resourceful and self-motivated professional teachers always ready to offer their services anywhere in Ghana. The college is one of the two colleges of education in the Greater Accra Region located at Ada Foah (Ada East District) GY0294, Ghana; 5’46 ‘50” N 0’37”12E/5.7804. The college is accredited to the University of Cape Coast.
ADACOE was the first founded as Ada Training College in 1965 as one of the several colleges established by the First President, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. It began as a four-year post-middle teacher training college, and it started admitting students for secondary or vocational courses to replace teacher trainees in the year 1974. In the year 1988, the college admitted its first bunch of post-secondary students, which was part of the programme of converting all teacher training colleges into post-secondary institutions. It continued to run this programme alongside the initial course until the post-middle phased out in the year 1994.
Admission at Ada College of Education (2018)
Ada College of Education admission forms are important requirements when applying for an opportunity in the university. Ada College of Education forms 2018 should be used when applying for admissions in the year 2018.
For interested applicants aspiring to study at the prestigious Ada College of Education, one is expected to make payments of the application fee into the College of Education-Ghana account at any Branch of;
- UniBank (Ghana) Ltd
- The applicants may make payments through mobile money wallet; Tigo Cash, Vodafone, MTN Mobile Money or Airtel Money by dialing the short code *924*8# from all these networks.
On payment, prospective applicants are given;
- A PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- An Admission Application Serial Number.
- The College of Admission Website.
With the PIN, the prospective applicants are required to visit the Colleges of Education admission website; coeportal.edu.gh and follow the specified steps in filling the online application form.
- The applicant is required to supply the relevant card details and ensure the card is kept secure for subsequent login.
- To start the application process on the website, the applicant should click ‘Login’ and fill in the login details.
- He/she should then proceed by filling the application form and giving all the relevant information and its mandatory for applicants to attach a passport photo which should be in JPG or JPEG format and must not exceed 40kb in size in the application form.
- Clicking ‘Preview’ button to carry out any of the following actions;
- Click ‘Edit’ to changes or modifies one’s application details.
- Clicking ‘Save and Continue later button’ to save the application form for the option of revisiting at a later time to edit.
- Clicking ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’ to finish the process of application.
5. Click the ‘Print Form’ to print the form. (The applicant should keep the printed Confirmation page secure to be used when retrieving the Application Form Number on the page and when printing the admission letter)
6. Click the ‘Close Tab’ to log out and finish the application process.
- Applicants are expected to print two (2) copies of their confirmation page and attach their respective result slips and other relevant documents required and sent them via post to the Ada College of Education. (Address P.O BOX 34, Ada. 0303522220P)
- Each applicant should also quote their Application Reference/Form Number on the EMS priority envelopes available from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to the Principal of the College.
- Applicants will be informed of the receipt of their applications by a text message and thus must provide reliable and correct cell phone numbers when completing the online form.
- Successful applicants will also receive admittance notifications via SMS, and those who will not receive any text messages should understand their applications were unsuccessful or missed a chance at the college due to reasons are best known to the people in charge of the selection and admission process.
- Applicants should be aware that the College will counter-check and authenticate the details of all applicants from the West African Examinations Council. Those found to have given fabricated or forged documents in support of their application will face the legal consequences for their actions.
Admission requirements at Ada College of Education (2018)
Ada College of Education requirement to be met by students have been well explained in the subsequent paragraphs. One of the most crucial application requirement is Ada College of Education admission forms 2018.
The cut-off points for students into the Ada College of Education 2018 must have aggregate points of 30. Interested applicants are expected to have a Credit (A1-C6) in five subjects in which three (3) core subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics, and two (2) Credits (A-D) in two (2) Elective subjects best performed which are considered in the calculation of cut off points.
Potential candidates into the Ada College of Education 2018/2019 are required to read the following requirements before they place in an application for a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) program;
Applicants interested in studying in this undergraduate DBE programme must have Credits (A1-C6) in five (5) subjects encompassing three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and two (2) elective subjects best performed or relevant to the course of study.
Applicants interested in this undergraduate DBE programme must have Credits (A-D) in five (5) subjects encompassing of three (3) core subjects, including Core Mathematics and English Language, and two (2) elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
For Applicants willing to pursue the TVET must have Credits in five (5) subjects encompassing three (3) core subjects including Core Mathematics and English Language.
Candidates expecting their MAY/JUNE, 2018 WASSCE Results are also encouraged to purchase the online forms and apply.
Courses offered at Ada College of Education.
Programs offered at Ada College of Education are quite a number. Various courses offered at the college has specific requirements for admittance in the Diploma of Basic Education program as follows;
General specialization in Primary and Junior High School
- WASSCE applicants are required to have Credits (A1-C6) in five subjects including three Core subjects (English language and Core Mathematics), and any two Elective subjects relevant to the course one is studying.
- For those willing to undertake an SSSCE program are required to have Credits (A-D) in five subjects including core subjects English Language and Core Mathematics, and two Elective subjects relevant to one’s course of study.
Early Childhood Education Studies
- Applicants willing to pursue a WASSCE must have Credits (A1-C6) in five subjects in which three are Core subjects comprising of English Language and Core Mathematics, and any two Elective subjects relevant to the course of choice.
- Applicants pursuing an SSSCE must have Credits (A-D) in five subjects in which three are core subjects comprising of English Language and Core Mathematics, and two Elective subjects relevant to one’s course of study.
Mathematics & Science
- Applicants for the WASSCE course option are required to have Credits (A1-C6) in five subjects including three core subjects English Language and Core Mathematics, and two Elective subjects related to the applicant’s course of choice.
- Applicants willing to undertake an SSSCE course option are required to have Credits in five subjects which include three core subjects English Language and Core Mathematics, and two Elective subjects related to this course of study.
Technical/Vocational (Applicants with TVET Qualifications)
- Applicants interested in a WASSCE course option in this area are required to have Credited in three core subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics and Passes in two Elective subjects significant to this course.
Technical/Vocational (Applicants with WASSCE/SSSCE Qualifications)
- For applicants interested in pursuing a WASSCE in this area are supposed to have Credited in three core subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics, and two Elective subjects related to the Technical or Vocational course.
- Applicants interested in undertaking an SSSCE are required to have Credit (A-D) in three core subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics, and two Elective subjects that are related to the Technical or Vocational course.
Admission list of Ada College of Education 2018.
Admission lists (names of successful selected candidates offered provisional admission into the ADACOE) are usually released by the management of the Ada College of Education after the conduct of admission selection exercise. Applicants into the institution are usually notified via text messages and expected to print admission letter. The selected applicants also are given their PIN (Personal Identification Number) as well as Application Numbers to enable them to access their admission letters. The prospective applicants who do not receive any communication from the College are encouraged to visit the notice board at the institution to check if their names are on the list. These applicants on finding their names on the board should contact the administration for further guidance concerning their admission.
The ADACOE admission list is usually subsequently uploaded online, and applicants may also check their admission status online using their details as follows;
- Applicants are expected to recall their cell phone numbers they added during their application
- They should use the same mobile numbers in the box provided
- Applicants should then go to ‘Search’ to determine the validity of their phone numbers
- The admission status will then pop up for applicants to see.
Admissions application into the Ada College of Education from suitably qualified candidates is invited to study in the subsequent academic year. Admission forms into the Ada College of Education are usually sold in March or August of each year at regional post offices in the country where applicants buy the application e-voucher and application done online and sent to the college for submission and final selection exercise.
Applicants are encouraged to apply and submit their applications at the Ada College of Education since it’s one of the leading colleges located in the Greater Accra Zone which was upgraded to a tertiary institution and brags of skilled training educators suitable for the current and changing world in equipping knowledge in the society. Its motto is to train teachers instilled with professional and academic competencies and skills to be applied in both the general and technical education. The motto of Ada College of Education is ‘Awareness, Curiosity, and Compassion.’
For more details, interested applicants are requested to seek information from the Ada College of Education website or visit the college administration where guidelines will be given on the way forward. location of Ada College of Education is Ada-Foah, Ada East, GY0294, Ghana.
Going through this article has enlightened you on Ada College of Education courses, Ada training requirements and most importantly Ada and college admissions. This information will make it easy for you to secure an opportunity in Ada College of Education, allowing you to further your education agenda to the point of your contentment.
Source: Yen Newspaper