PayPal is one of the well-established and deeply rooted companies that allows for payments to be made from the international countries. The company has made it comfortable for transactions to be made between different continents without the fears of fraud. The system has also made it possible for the funds to be deposited directly to the client’s account. Before we get further on PayPal, it will be wise for us to set the facts straight on how to create a PayPal account in Ghana.
In as much as PayPal is a convenient means of conducting transactions from international countries, it’s use is not supported in some countries like Egypt, Nigeria and Ghana. This, however, does not mean that you cannot create a PayPal account or transact while in these countries. Following this guide will provide you with the necessary hacks on how to create a PayPal account in Ghana.
Why is it necessary to have a PayPal account?
Whether you are an online business person or not, owning a verified PayPal account is vital. There is so much that the account allows you to do. Some of these activities include;
- Buying items from online stores like Alibaba
- Paying for online courses
- Paying for software licences
- Receiving payments from blogs or online advertisements.
- Paying for membership of online sites like dating sites.
- Paying for online applications on the Google Play store, or buying music from iTunes.
- Paying for your domain or host services from specified sites like Hostgator.
- For transactions regarding payments for online businesses and related
How do I open a verified PayPal account?
PayPal is restricted in some countries, for instance, in countries like Ghana, Nigeria and Egypt, the citizens cannot perform transactions, let alone own PayPal accounts. That, however, does not mean that when in Ghana, it is impossible to access it or rather use it. It also does not require an Information technology guru to manoeuvre the way out.
These simple steps will provide you with PayPal Ghana solutions. The solutions will enlighten you on how you can create and operate your PayPal account at ease, regardless of Ghana being restricted in the country;
- On your browser, enter the address that you want to search as paypal.com/ke. The address that we have opted to use is Kenyan since Kenya is supported for use, whereas Ghana is not. You can always replace the IP address with the domain of a country that supports PayPal.
- Clicking on the search option will open an interface with several options; among them, there is a signup option and a PayPal login option. Click on the signup option.
- Clicking on the signup option will lead you to the account type options, the personal account and the business account. The personal account offers you the opportunity of securely shopping within your country or the rest of the world at the comfort of your computer or mobile phone. The second option is the business account option which allows you to receive payments from all around the globe without the constraints of time and distance. This option also allows you to send invoices to your customers. Of the two options, click on the business account option, and click on continue.
- Clicking on the continue option will lead you to the next option which is entering your email address. From here henceforth, you are advised to key in accurate details because PayPal is sensitive, especially if the details you provide do not match. After keying in your email address, click on next.
- After keying in your email address, the next dialogue box will require you to sign up for a business account by providing the following details;
READ ALSO: How to make quick money in Ghana
- Your first and last name, respectively.
- Your business name.
- For the country, select Ghana.
- Enter your phone number, address, town, postal code.
- For the currency, select US dollars and click on the Agree and continue option.
- After feeding these details, a verification code will be sent in the next dialogue box, enter it correctly on the next box.
The following dialogue box will require you to give details about your business type
- The next step will require you to select your nationality, for this case choose the country of the domain that you used while searching for PayPal, for this case, enter Kenya. For the official document, select your national ID. Enter the details on your national ID number, your date of birth, and click on submit.
- After submitting these details, PayPal will respond by sending an email on the email address that you provided at the start. By clicking on the email address that PayPal sends you, go ahead and verify your PayPal account.
How to create a verified PayPal account
After signing up and providing your details, PayPal will contact you via your email address asking you to verify your account. This is the last but most crucial step during this procedure as it is the step that one should undertake for their PayPal account to be verified.
How to link your PayPal account
The linking option is one of the smartest and most improved features of PayPal. These features allow you to select the elements of your choice comfortably.
During the PayPal Ghana verification stage, on the business account setup option, click on the profile option on the top right corner of your screen. Clicking that option will display a list of options, click on the link and confirm debit or credit card which will require you to specify your card type, whether it is a visa card or master card. After determining your type of card, you will be required to enter the card number, which is on the back of your card. You will also be required to register the expiry date on the card. Apart from that, you will also be required to enter the card verification number, which is the three digits on the front of the card, and click on continue.
After clicking on continue, PayPal will send you an alphanumeric code, either to your email or the phone number that you provide when keying in your details. Copy the four digits only, from the code. Click on the profiles option, then select the link and confirm debit and credit card option, then feed in the four numbers on the code to finalize the process of account verification, and it will be ready for use.
Following this systematic procedure will guide you on how to create a PayPal account for free. The most crucial part that you should pay attention is the details that you key in; they have to be valid. The most sensitive information that you should focus on is your name, your address and the information on the card. The procedure on how to create a PayPal account in Ghana is as simple as that.
- Ghanaian Engineer speaks about how Facebook, Google using his inventions
- Online investment in Ghana: companies and opportunities
- Car dealers in Ghana: top 10 scams and how to avoid them