In 2019, the music industry was choked with several bangers for the party and music lovers to jam with.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Interestingly the Highlife genre which is usually concerned as music for people was dominated by young and upcoming artists in the music scene.
YEN.com.gh, however, compiles a list of these Highlife songs that were hits in the year under review.
1. Things Fall Apart (Kofi Kinaata): The 'Things Fall Apart' hit song speaks about the hypocritical nature of Ghanaians in the religious circles. The song is barely two months yet the attention it garnered cannot be measured in volumes. It was even featured in the end of semesters examination for some first-year students at the University of Ghana.
2. Bra (King Promise ft Kojo Antwi): King Promise teamed up with music maestro Kojo Antwi to release a love song titled ‘Bra’ which was featured on the 'As Promised' album. The love song made severals waves in the industry.
3. Nothing I Get (Fameye): Fameye's 'Nothing I Get' was an instant hit which got everyone singing. The term became a jargon among the youth who even used it as an anthem.
The song even earned him a solid collaboration with Medikal, Article Wan and Kuami Eugene for a remix.
4. Saara (Sarkodie ft. Efya): Sarkodie and Efya are noted for teaming up to create hit songs and 'Saara' is no exception. the two delivered very well on the Highlife song.
5. Mr Badman (KiDi ft Kwesi Arthur) : Lynx Entertainment signee Kidi teamed up with Kwesi Arthur to deliver on the 'Mr Badman
6. Ohemaa (Kuami Eugene ft KiDi): The Lynx Entertainment family signees Kuami Eugene and KiDi teamed up to produce this magical masterpiece. The hit song was released in June
7. Yes I Do (Becca ft. Tiwa Savage) : Songstress Becca teamed up with Nigerian songstress, Tiwa Savage in the Highlife tune ‘YES I DO’.
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that in 2019, some Ghanaians were able to utilize social media to their advantage with some even generating viral posts, videos and putting issues up for discussion in the trends.
They rose up to become celebrities overnight on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and several blogs, and are still trending.
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!