Higher education has become a big part of our lives. It is the key to being able to pursue the career that you dream of. Working for your career translates to more job satisfaction in many ways. Where you get your higher education is also vital. The better the school, the higher the quality of education you’ll get. Regent University is one of the best universities in Ghana and one of the best places to invest in your future.
The university is conveniently located in Accra, Ghana. It started in January 2005 with only 30 students and has grown into one of the biggest universities in Ghana. Although Accra is home to other good universities, it is clear that Regent is one of the best due to the number of applications that it gets every year.
Which courses are offered at the university?
Regent offers certificate, undergraduate, postgraduate, and even short courses. Regent University distance learning is, however, not available.
An undergraduate course is a course that one takes after they complete their high school education. The courses at this university include:
- BSc (Hons) Management with Computing
- BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Computing
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Information Systems
- Bachelor of Theology with Management (Honours)
- BBA (Hons) eCommerce
- BSc Human Development and Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Instructional Technology
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Information Systems Sciences
- BEng (Hons) Applied Electronics & Systems Engineering:
- Telecommunication Engineering Option
- Computer Engineering Option
- Instrumentation Engineering Option
These are courses that are available to students only after they get their undergraduate degree.
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Statistics
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Theology
- M.Eng in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
READ ALSO: Webster University Ghana programs and fees
These programs are focused on specific skills and take about a year to complete.
- Computer Networking & Service Technology
- Computer Operations
- Industrial Electrical & Electronic Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Technology
- Digital Design
Regent University short courses
Short courses give specific skill training over a period of three months.
- A+ Certification
- Cisco Professional
- Cisco Specialist
- Multimedia Design
- GIS (Geographical Information Science & Technology)
- Web Design
- English Proficiency
Regent University tuition fee
The tuition fee at Regent varies depending on which school a student is in. Also, regular students pay a bit more than those in weekend school do. Freshers pay an additional GHS 220 as a one-time application fee. The tuition is broken down as follows:
Regent University admission eligibility
To be considered for admission, you should have one of the following qualifications to prove that you are Regent material. International students are considered for admission if their qualifications are equivalent to any of the qualifications mentioned below:
- General Certificate of Education
- Senior High School Certificate
- General Business Certificate (GBCE)
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma and 6 months English language proficiency for non-native English speakers
The application process
After ensuring that you fulfil all the Regent University requirements, you can go ahead and send your application. The application process varies depending on whether or not you are a citizen of Ghana.
- Download application form
- Print and fill the form
- Make copies of the certificates required
- Arrange for your result slip or transcripts to be sent from your school to the admissions office
- Pay the application fee of 150GHS using a bankers draft
- Send the form, certifications, and bankers draft to the school through post
- Download the application form and fill it
- Make copies of all the documents required
- Take three passport pictures
- Pay the application fee of $100 to Ecobank Ghana and get the deposit slip
- Submit the above documents and post them to the school.
If you decide to complete your application online, you can do so through the following steps:
- Visit the Regent University login page.
- Download application form
- Fill your application
- Attach required documents
- Pay application fee
- Submit form
All the payment guidelines should be strictly followed. After submitting your application, you will get either an acceptance letter or a rejection letter from the university after a few months.
Is Regent University legit?
Yes, the university is a legitimate learning institution.
Is Regent University nationally accredited?
Yes. The university is an accredited institution. It received accreditation to operate as a tertiary institution in 2004 and is recognized by the National Accreditation Board. All the courses offered are accredited programmes.
Is Regent University a private school?
Yes. It is a private school that was founded in 2003.
How do I apply to Regent University?
To apply to RUCST, download the application form and fill it, then submit it together with the other required documents either physically or online.
Regent University dedicates all of its resources and facilities towards the betterment of the lives of their students, their faculty and the staff. The teachers are committed to ensuring that a student leaves the institution with all the skills they require to navigate their career.
READ ALSO: Public universities in Ghana 2020/2021