The IPMC College of Technology is one of the leading IT training institutes in Ghana. Established in 1992, the college has helped many students shape and hone their technology skills and become experts in their respective fields. IPMC courses focus more on training and imparting industry-oriented knowledge to learners. With over 20 disciplines available, individuals can choose from business and corporate training programmes to professional IT courses.
The IPMC College of Technology structures its courses and curriculum to cover all types of learners. Beginners, experts, and business professionals can choose any of the IPMC courses to gain quality education and improve their skills in technology.
What is the full name of IPMC?
IPMC is an acronym for Intercom Programming and Manufacturing Co. It is one of the largest IT companies in West Africa that provide ownership on IT services and products to corporate, medium, and small businesses. The company also provides dynamic solutions to the growing IT infrastructure, which includes training in information technology.
Courses available at IPMC
IPMC Ghana College of Technology has many courses for new students and professionals in different fields. Apart from the traditional degree, diploma, and certificate courses, students can also enrol for corporate and professional courses. That means individuals can choose programmes that suit their career path.
IPMC corporate courses
The institution designed corporate courses to target working professionals that need to upgrade their skills in their respective fields and remain competitive. These programmes help individuals to ascend to the corporate ladder faster. They include:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Cyber Security
- Project Management
Corporate programmes at the institution enhance a leaner’s market-relevant skills. At the end of any of the above courses, an individual will receive an IPMC certificate.
IPMC professional courses
Under professional courses, students can enrol for the certificate, diploma, and short programmes at the institution. The aim is to ensure students get a broader and profound understanding of the technical domains available in the IT industry. These are the professional courses by category:
1. Certificate courses
The professional certificate courses available at IPMC College of Technology include:
- Certificate in Database Technology
- Certificate in Graphic Designing and Web Development
- Certificate in Software Engineering
- Certificate in System Engineering
Each of the above IPMC courses adds value to both beginners and professionals that want to sharpen their skills in technology. You can enrol for them at any IPMC centres in Ghana.
2. IPMC diploma courses
Unlike many educational training institutions, IPMC has diploma courses that cover some of the latest technologies in the modern world. The programmes help students to get practical hands-on knowledge and skills in modern technologies. These courses include:
- Diploma in Database Technology
- Diploma in Graphic Designing and Web Development
- Diploma in Software Engineering
- Diploma in System Engineering
Throughout the programmes, students will get a chance to learn from modern laboratories and get exposure through networking and industry visits. Learners will also hold an IPMC Diploma at the end of their respective courses.
3. Short courses
The IPMC College designed short courses for both beginners and professionals in various fields. All the programmes have short durations of six weeks. By enrolling for the short courses, you will get an introductory understanding of the topic as you prepare yourself to study it at a more advanced level. These courses include:
- Accounting with IT
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Big Data Analytics
- Cyber Security
- Digital Marketing
- MS Office for Business
- Software Programming
You will receive an IPMC certificate at the end of your study period. The professional short courses are available at all of the institution’s branches.
IPMC undergraduate programmes
IPMC College of Technology has many undergraduate or bachelor’s degree programmes for all qualifying individuals. The courses provided are a balanced combination of both practical knowledge and theoretical information. The institution provides the courses under two categories. These include:
1. Study abroad programmes
Study Abroad Programmes allow students to get an education abroad in a different environment and experience diverse cultures. Through it, candidates will travel to India and learn from a top university. IPMC College chose India because it has the third-largest higher education system in the world. Furthermore, its institutions offer courses and degree programmes that prepare individuals for the competitive market.
IPMC College partners with the Lovely Professional University (LPU). That means you will have to choose one of the programmes offered by LPU. The advantage of LPU is that it is a top learning institution when it comes to placements, resources, and quality education. To select a course, you will have to visit the LPU website.
2. Undergrad courses from the UK
Over the years, IPMC College has been promoting UK degree programmes in Ghana. The programmes are available at the college via the UK’s National Computing Centre. The NCC offers higher education programmes that cover Foundation Level qualifications, English Language and Business. It is a regulated body in providing British education in business and information technology. As a student, you have the opportunity to select any of the following undergraduate courses at the institution:
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computing
- Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB)
- Level 5 Diploma in Business (L5DB)
- Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology (L4DBIT)
- Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (L5DBIT)
- Level 3 Diploma in Computing (L3DC)
- Level 4 Diploma in Computing (L4DC)
- Level 5 Diploma in Computing (L5DC)
By enrolling for the courses, you will prepare yourself for professional life through your area of specialisation. You will also receive a British degree while studying in Ghana.
IPMC online registration
The process of applying for a course at IPMC College is simple and straightforward. As a prospective student, follow the steps below to complete your IPMC online registration.
- Visit the institution’s primary website.
- Go to the Courses tab and select a category of a programme for which you would like to apply. For this example, consider Corporate Courses.
- Under the Corporate Courses category, select a programme you want to study by clicking Read More.
- On the next page under Book Demo, enter your name, mobile number, and email address.
- Choose your preferred branch from the dropdown list, e.g. IPMC Kumasi.
- Select your course.
Once you fill in the information required, submit it and wait for IPMC College to respond.
Understand that the process of applying for undergrad courses at IPMC College is different. Here is what you can do.
- At the institution’s website, go to the Courses tab.
- Select Undergrad Programmes.
- You will have two options – Study Abroad Programmes and Undergrad Courses from the UK.
- For Study Abroad Programmes, click on Read More.
- On the next page, scroll down until you find a link with the words “Choose a Programme.”
- The link will redirect you to the LPU website.
- At this point, you can apply for a course offered by the Lovely Professional University.
- For Undergrad Courses from the UK, click on Read More.
- A list of bachelor degree programmes will display.
- Choose your preferred programme.
- The link will redirect you to NCC partner universities.
- You can now apply for the programme.
- Alternatively, fill the information under Book a Demo and wait for IPMC to respond.
Apart from applying online, consider visiting the institution’s physical location. Use the Find a Centre option to visit the nearest IPMC College branch. The college does not have a student portal from which you can complete your applications.
To get more information about the fees payable at IPMC, consider calling the institution, visiting any of its physical locations, or sending an email. Use the following contacts:
- PO Box: AN 7617, Kwame Nkrumah Avenue, Accra, Ghana.
- Phone: +233 (0)55-555-2222
- E-mail: email@example.com
IPMC College also has many branches in Ghana that you can visit for information about its fees.
Does IPMC offer degree courses?
The IPMC College of Technology has degree courses offered in partnership with other educational institutions. It promotes undergraduate programmes from the UK, specifically those available through the NCC. Also, the college has Study Abroad Programmes aimed at helping students travel to foreign nations to study bachelor degree courses. The bachelor courses are available through a partnership with the Lovely Professional University, India.
Which university is IPMC affiliated to?
IPMC Training College is an NCC Education Accredited Partner Centre. When you join the institution, you will get a chance of studying in Ghana and obtain admission to the final year of an IT degree programme, specifically Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems. NCC has many partner universities that you will have to select to complete your studies, including the University of Wales, London.
Is IPMC accredited in Ghana?
IPMC is not accredited in Ghana. Instead, the technology training institution is an accredited partner centre of NCC Education. NCC Education UK has more than 350 accredited partners and exists in more than 50 countries.
The IPMC College of Technology is one of the leading information technology institutions in Ghana. Students can enrol for various IPMC courses at beginner and advanced levels. IPMC also gives learners a chance to study and get a British degree while learning in Ghana or travel abroad and earn a certificate in a relevant field.
Yen.com.gh recently compiled a list of the most profitable businesses in Ghana across different sectors from online jobs to agribusiness. The list delves deep into the requirements for opening such a business and the costs involved.
While Ghana records a high number of graduates every year, white-collar job opportunities are shrinking and the level of unemployment is relatively high. This means that most graduates will have to venture into business in order to earn an income and this list may come in handy.