- NPP MP for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong, has complained that Ghanaians are living as slaves in their own country
- He said there is a canker in the country that nobody is addressing
- Agyapong complained about foreigners taking over Ghana where truthfulness has been thrown to the dog
- The MP said the leaders have also become theorists who only mount on ancient platitudes
- He called on Ghanaians to rise up and help build the nation in order to assume their rightful place
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong, has lamented that Ghanaians are now living as slaves in their own country.
According to him, foreigners have taken over the whole country due to the wickedness and horrible attitude on the part of some Ghanaians.
He said the level of dishonesty has become so high in Ghana, where the leaders have also become theorists without being practical.
Agyapong made these lamentations on his Net 2 Television, according to a report seen by YEN.com.gh on Ghanaweb.com.
He added that there is a canker that needs to be addressed but it is not.
“There is a canker in this country and I think we should begin to discuss it. We’ve become theorists and we always mount on ancient platitudes. We talk a lot but we are not being practical,” he said angrily.
Agyapong’s words are coming at a time that a section of Ghanaians have complained of hardship and that things are not going in the right way.
He was in the news recently for rejecting the free COVID-19 vaccines that arrived in the country not long ago.
According to Agyapong, he is ready to give the government free $1m to buy the vaccines instead of “begging” for them.
Gyamfi accused Bagbin and other NDC Members of Parliament of trading their conscience and turning their backs on the NDC after riding on the back of the party to go into parliament.
Enjoy reading our stories?
Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!