Childhood photos of Nana Akufo-Addo and family
President Nana Akufo-Addo did not just find himself at the presidency. It took years of hard work and dedication to get there. YEN.com.gh brings you childhood photos of Akufo-Addo with his family that show his humble beginnings.
After over 30 years of unrelentingly effort, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has fulfilled a childhood dream to follow in the footsteps of his father, Edward Akufo-Addo, and become president of the Republic of Ghana.
READ ALSO: Stonebwoy buys $500,000 Trasacco mansion for his wife
After his stunning victory in the December 2016 presidential election in which he secured an astonishing 53.85% of the votes - with his main rival, John Mahama, getting 44.40% - Akufo-Addo was sworn in as president.
YEN.com.gh, today, brings you throwback pictures of Akufo-Addo from his childhood right through to adolescence and finally adulthood.
The pictures document some of Akufo-Addo's fondest memories with his family, including his dad and mum, and close relatives.
1. Akufo-Addo poses with his mother, Adeline Akufo-Addo
2. Akufo-Addo with his dad and mum
3. Akufo-Addo (seated left) with his family
4. A young Akufo-Addo tries his hands at boxing
5. Akufo-Addo plays with a toy in what appears to be his father's house
6. Akufo-Addo (wearing a cap) with his family
7. Akufo-Addo as a student at Lancing College in the UK
READ MORE: 9 rich, powerful, yet single Ghanaian women that you must know about
8. Akufo-Addo with his family members
READ ALSO: Tony Lithur can’t zip up his flap – Oye Lithur accuses husband of “habitual” womanizing
9. Akufo-Addo as a young lawyer
READ ALSO: 13 Ghanaian celebrities whose kids are killing us with cuteness (photos)
What do you make of this? Share your views with us in the comments section.
Contact us on Facebook if you have your own story to share.