Advancement in technology is a buzz globally; hence, UDS online registration is a simple affair. The institution was established 26 years ago to blend the community with the academic world, which will significantly improve Northern Ghana and the whole country constructively. The aim and objective of the university is to address society issues especially those associated with the rural areas.
Through its mandate and constitution, the university has a pro-poor focus, which is manifested through their outreach services, teaching, and research. They specifically focus on field-based training and study to alleviate levels of poverty for the national development process. UDS officially began its operation in 1993 with only 39 students in the Faculty of Agriculture.
With the UDS online registration form, students and applicants can access the following courses offered in the following faculties in the institution.
- Faculty of integrated development studies
- Faculty of mathematical sciences
- Faculty of applied sciences
- Faculty of Agribusiness and Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources
- School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Planning and Land Management
The University for Development stands out from its peers because:
- The Institution runs a community-technical interface programme. The Third Trimester Field Practical Programme (TTFPP) is an amalgamation of community-based and academic field practical, which involves members of the society with the student's body.
- It has eight faculties with four campuses, a Business School, one Medical School, one Institute, one graduate school, and three centers.
- It solely aims at dealing with issues concerning the significant causes of poverty in rural Ghana.
- The multi-campuses and location are strategically in the rural parts of northern Ghana where poverty levels are immensely high.
- The institution’s online system runs smoothly even allowing for UDS online results checking.
UDS admission requirements
Applicants interested in being part of this highly acclaimed institution must conform to the rules and regulations set up by the administration. The WASSCE holders wishing to join a degree program at the University need to have acquired at least a C6 in all three elective and core subjects, according to UDS 2018/2019 general entry requirements. In case one is a WASSCE holder with grade D7, E8, or F9, in any of the subjects, they should not apply for a degree program. Therefore, the applicants need to have at least credit scores or credits in the following:
- Students taking science need to know social studies which is a core unit, does not replace integrated science that is also a core subject when calculating the students aggregate marks.
- For students who are doing Business and Arts Subjects at WASSCE, one of their grades in social science could be used in place of their integrated science to calculate their aggregate marks if it’s better than what they got in the integrated science. The condition here is that a candidate should at least have a pass in integrated science. Candidates should put in mind that social studies is not an elective subject
- After calculating the best six elective and core subjects, the aggregate score must not be more than three. The UDS online application portal is open for students to complete their registration process seamlessly. Admissions will, however, be on a competitive basis with most of the courses being offered at UDS having much lower cut-off points than those of WASSCE; that requires an aggregate of 36 points.
- Any three elective subjects in the relevant programs
- Three core subjects (Mathematics, integrated science/social studies, and English language)
READ ALSO: University of Ghana postgraduate admission
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements to pursue a degree program at UDS can apply for a diploma that is available to suit the needs of each student. With the UDS online application system, it is more of just snapping a finger and voila! Things get done. UDS courses; Diploma programs offered include:
- Diploma in computer science and a diploma in statistics provided at Navrongo Campus
- Diploma in Development Education offered in Tamale Campus
- Diploma in social change communication is being provided in Nyankpala campus
- Diploma in integrated business studies, diploma in integrated community development, and diploma in development management are all offered in Wa Campus.
Being admitted for diploma courses requires one to have two passes of D7 in mathematics and English, and three credit passes in the areas of specialization. If you do not have a pass in Mathematics and English then you cannot apply to join any of the courses. It is not a guarantee that all students interested in taking up a diploma at UDS, merit. An upper hand is given to those with good grades and credit passes. The UDS student portal app is available to students so that they can easily choose the relevant subjects.
If you have a diploma or an HND and would like to be considered for a degree course, then you need to possess at least:
- Third class or pass for admission to level 100
- Second class lower or better in related programs would get an entry into level 200
There is a selection interview that will be conducted at the University, scheduled for 22nd June 2018 which will be on a Friday at Tamale Campus. The UDS online results checking will be availed to students to see their scores and how they merited.
Those who want to pursue the 3-year BSc Nurse Practitioner programme must be registered nurses with a State Registered Nurses Certificate or a diploma, having working experience of at least three years. If you have not worked for three years, then it is best if you do not apply.
The UDS admission closing date has been scheduled as follows:
The admission for registration at the campus is to be closed on the 31st of May 2018. On the same date the application portal will take for more forms until the upcoming year. UDS online application deadline should be taken seriously since most people may be locked out from pursuing their career courses. The application forms need to be addressed to the:
The Senior Assistant Registrar
Academic and Student’s Affairs
University for Development Studies
P.O BOX TL 1350
UDS Undergraduate Online Registration
All Ghanaian nationals with the intent of applying for undergraduate programs need to know the about the UDS fees, to avoid any conflicts from arising later in the course of the semester. The procedure for the UDS online registration system is as follows:
- Make payments of GHc 180.00 to get the UDS E-Voucher at any of the Ghana Commercial Bank branches.
- Once you get the E-Voucher, you will get the serial number, and a pin necessary for completing the online application.
- You can also go their online admission portal that will provide you with all the relevant information. Alternatively you can visit the admission portal with a master or visa card and make an online payment, still of GHc 180.00.
- It is important to print the advice slip for future reference.
- To complete the online form, all applicants are expected to upload all relevant certificates with a current passport size photo that has a white background.
- A form is not considered completed until after submission.
- Before submitting the completed form, it is mandatory that candidates go through the forms step by step to ensure all spaces have been adequately filled.
- For posting the completed documents, candidates are required to visit any EMS office in the country for all needed assistance. Posting the document by yourself could lead to misplacement, so visit the EMS office to get all the help and guidelines. Ensure the documents reach the institution before uds forms closing date
- Last but not least, applicants must print out all the relevant documents, certificates, attach the results slips, and application forms and send them in triplicates. To the Assistant Registrar’s office whose address has been provided above.
- Once all the process is complete, the candidates will have to wait for UDS admission list 2018-2019
READ ALSO: University of Ghana admissions
Like any other institution, the University for Development Studies has a vision and a mission. There vision is focused at ensuring the university is at the top of the map for Pro-poor scholarship. All this is reflected in its motto: “Knowledge for Service” with the most qualified lectures who give their all in outreach programmes, research and teaching.
The university mission largely focuses on the following:
- Enhancing its communication and information technology structure as the propeller of education to a wide range of people. The uds announcement ensure it reaches to all people hence offering effective education to the people.
- Position itself as a lifelong asset in facilitating endless learning
- Provision of higher education to people who are qualified and deeming their education as beneficial
- Promoting equal socio-economic transformation to all their surrounding communities by carrying out gender sensitive research and helping them with the best approaches for improving their livelihoods.
- The institution has pursued all avenues possible to be among the top institutions offering the best courses. With their online registration system, everything is seamless and beyond compare.