Last year 2017, Ghana witnessed the giant leap of Patapaa Amisty into the music industry.
Even before many people could know his name, Patapaa’s instant hit song ‘One Corner’ had already become popular.
The song was accompanied by a sort of ‘electrifying’ dance that had not been seen in the industry before.
Ghanaians cannot forget the ‘tempting’ rhythm of ‘One Corner’ which got many people rushing into various corners to shake their bodies.
The song also traveled out of Ghana, and in Nigeria especially, it was “everywhere”, according to reports.
‘One Corner’, however, received many bashing from some members of the public.
Notable among them were Maame Dokono, Prophet Kumchacha, Sonnie Badu, and many others.
Nevertheless, the song became so popular that it was tipped as the ultimate winner of the ‘Most Popular Song Of the Year’ at the 2018 VGMAs which was held recently.
However, that anticipated award eluded Patapaa, it went to Fancy Gadam for his song ‘Total Cheat’; and this has earned Patapaa so much criticism.
With the foregoing, YEN.com.gh has gathered some facts about Patapaa that many readers might not be aware of.
Here are 5 of those facts.
1. Drinking spot worker: Patapaa in an interview with Delay which was monitored by YEN.com.gh, revealed that he was working at a drinking spot before he became popular. According to him, the spot is owned by his mother, and he was offering a helping hand to the mom. In his own words, “I was pouring the shots for the people”. Interestingly, Patapaa claimed that he does not take alcohol, "but only Guinness".
2. First born: Patapaa revealed also that he is the first born of three children. He however failed to mention his age. With his looks, it would be difficult for anyone to accurately guess Patapaa’s age, unless he mentions it himself.
3. First hit song: According to Patapaa, ‘One Corner’ is not his first song. He revealed that he had other songs but which were not popular. ‘One Corner’ remains his most popular song so far.
4. Ladies man: In his chat with Delay, Patapaa said he has no girlfriend, however, whenever he feels like “chopping”, he gets any woman of his choice anytime. His answer to the question of whether he has a girlfriend or not stunned the host, and obviously many of his fans. This could be so because Patapaa has often been mocked about his looks. Some Ghanaians even joked that he needs Obinim Sticker to become handsome. Therefore, if Patapaa’s claim that he gets any woman he wants at anytime is anything to go by, then indeed, he is a ladies man.
5. Emotional being: In the interview monitored by YEN.com.gh, it came to bear that Patapaa is an emotional person. He revealed that Kumchacha calling him an ugly person really affected his emotions that he started feeling emotional.
Meanwhile, Kumchacha had claimed that he bought CDs of Patapaa’s ‘One Corner’ and buried them, but Patapaa has said Kumchacha is a big fat liar.
Ghana trends: Ebony's father names the guilty | Homosexuality legalized in Ghana?
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook now!