Kendrick Lamar is an American rapper and songwriter. He was born in 17th June 1987 Compton, California. Considered a legend in Hip Hop base, Kendrick Lamar Quotes have been an inspiration to all his fans across the world. His insightful lyrics regarding contemporary issues such as racism and religion have put him on the map for courageous and outspoken artist of all time.
From interviews, songs and live performances, artists have always been conveying messages through brief but incisive quotes-for people to ponder about. This article will highlight the best of Kendrick Lamar quotes on love.
- We hurt people that love us, love people that hurt us- From the song Opposite Attract, Album; Overly dedicated 2010.
- If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it–Poetic justice 2012.
- We look so much in color that we forget about the soul-@kendrickLamar.
- Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people, if they care, they will notice. If don’t, you know where you stand- @kendrickLamar.
- But what love got to do with it when you don’t love yourself- Song Real, Album M.A.A.D.
- Love is not just a verb, it’s you looking in the mirror- song; poetic justice 2012.
- …War is gonna keep going on, frustration is gonna keep going on, anger is gonna keep going on, until we finally go back down to the simplest word…love! -@kendrickLamar.
- She says she loves me, so she clings to me even when I want to be left alone. But she is beautiful, like sometimes I have things on my mind, she is the perfect person to listen, and she only gives advise- song: Opposite Attract (Tomorrow W/O Her).
- I love the way you put in on your eyes, the roses on your face light up the sky, those lips are colorful all of the time and girl that’s fine, but I wanna know do you mind, no makeup today.
- I get way too petty once you let me do the extras- From the song humble.
- Don’t tell a lie on me, I won’t tell the truth about you- The heart part 4, lyrics.
- The Beauty of her, a blind man could see a true queen, and she needs me- song; She Needs Me.
- Although the butterfly and the caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same- Song; Mortal Man, Album; To pimp a Butterfly.
- Don’t you know your imperfection is a wonderful blessing, from heaven is where you got it from- No make-up, Album; section 80,2011.
- Look inside my soul and you could find gold and maybe get rich. Look inside your soul and you could find out it never exists - Song; Bitch don’t kill my vibe.
- Tell me how I stay positive when they never see anything good in me. - Song; Autumn leaves.
The best of Kendrick Lamar quotes
Kendrick Lamar quotes from his songs has proven more times than one that he is a crusader of peace, hope, and religion. His lyrics have deeper meaning rather than just high tempo and rhythm. Here is a list of some of his trendy inspiring statements.
- The sky is falling, the wind is calling, stand for something, or die in the morning- song; Hiiipower, Album; section 80.
- So next time you feel like your world is about to end, I hope you studied because He is testing your faith- Song; Faith.
- Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs- song; Hiiipower, Album; section 80.
- My mind is living on cloud 9 and this 9 is never on vacation-backseat freestyle.
- The one in front of a gun lives Forever-Song; money trees 2012.
- My right my wrongs, I write ‘til I’m right with God- song; Alright.
- We all get distracted, the question is, would you bounce back or bounce backwards-Song; Growing Apart.
- If I speak the good into existence, that instant my dreams will unlock, money flow like water, I’ll just wait at the dock- song; cut you off (Grower slower).
- The sky can fall down; the wind can cry now. The strength in, I still smile- Song; ‘I’.
- Mark my word, I’mma make my mark, even when they start their Martial Law. Even when these Martians alienate, my mental state is still at heart. - Song; Radioactive (Remix).
- I ain't-a drinker, I'm a thinker, call it what you want. - Song: Faith.
- Life will put many red lights in front of you, but sometimes we must push on the gas and trust God-Kendrick Lamar Quote.
- Y'all don't want me to win. I'm tryna follow dreams, you want me to follow trends- Song; Kendrick Lamar.
- Can’t let the government tell me how my future lookin’. – Song; The heart part 2.
- Look at me, I’m a loser, I’m a winner, I’m good, I’m bad. I’m a sinner, I’m a killer. What I’m doing, I’m saying that I’m human. – Song; Kush and Corinthians.
- I walk alone with a cross and a diamond stone. I’m a diamond in the rough, that’s too mighty for maricons. -Kendrick Lamar Quote.
- Maybe because I’m a dreamer and sleep is the cousin of death. – song: Sing about me, I’m dying of thirst.
- Live your life, live it right. Be different, do different things. – Song: Kush and Corinthians (His Pain).
- Take advantage. Do your best, don’t stress. You was granted everything inside this planet, anything you imagine, you possess. – song: Blessed, Album: Habits and Contradictions.
- Fell on my face and woke up with a scar, another mistake living deep in my heart- Song; Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe.
Kendrick Lamar quotes from Damn
READ ALSO: Kendrick Lamar net worth 2017-2018
If you are seeking Kendrick Lamar poetic quotes, then look no further, as Damn album has all that you are interested in. The songs from his fourth album cover all spheres of life, be it a relationship, religion or politics. Here are some of Kendrick Lamar quotes in songs that are cutting through the airwaves.
- I’m not a politician/I’m not ‘bout no religion
- I’m an Israelite, don’t call me Black no mo, that word is only a color, it ain't facts no mo
- Before you poke out your chest, loosen your bra
- I got loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA, I live a better life, I’m rollin’ several dice, f**k your life
- I need some water, something came over me, way too high to simmer down, might as well overheat.
- I don't love people enough to put my faith in men, i put my faith in these lyrics, hoping i make amends.
- I’m willin’ to die for this s**t, I done cried for this, might take a life for this s**t
- Put the Bible down and go eye for an eye for this s**t, D.O.T my enemy, won’t catch a vibe for this s**t, ayy!
- Why God, why God do I gotta suffer, pain in my heart carry burdens full struggle
We all woke up, tryna tune to the daily news ,looking for confirmation, hoping the election wasn’t true
- All of us worried, all of us buried and our feelings deep
- None of us married to his proposal, make us feel cheap
- Still and sad, distraught and mad, tell the neighbor ‘bout it
- But they agree, parade the streets with your voice proudly
- Time passin’, things change
- Reverting back to our daily programmes, stuck in our ways. Lust!
- If I didn’t ride blade on curb, would you still love me, if I minimize my net worth, would you still love me
- Hail Mary, Jesus, and Joseph, the great American flag is wrapped and dragged with explosives
- Compulsive disorder, sons, and daughters, barricaded blocks and borders, look what you taught us.
Kendrick Lamar quotes 2018
As we get high on Kendrick Lamar quotes from his songs there is a recent inspiring line trending in the airwaves. The quote is from a song, ‘Pray for me’, which he featured with the weekend. It also acts as a soundtrack to one of Marvel’s best movie of 2018. It goes as follows:
Who need a hero? Look in the mirror there goes your hero!
It basically means that you are your own hero and therefore you need to be courageous in fighting your life battles.
To sum it up, Kendrick Lamar is what modern hip-hop needed, to feel alive. Words to him are just like football is to Christiano Ronaldo. Through his imagination, he finds ways to make Kendrick Lamar quotes from songs have a life in the real world; some of which are being used in pushing for social change in the modern society. It is possible that we are yet to see the best Kendrick Lamar quotes, because at only thirty the man has shown a constant progress in his artistry and delivered the best of quotes in songs. Possibly, this is just the end of the beginning as one, Winston Churchill, once put it; and the world is yet to see the best of Kendrick Lamar quotes.