MTN mobile money online has significantly simplified the money transfer process in Ghana. With the increasing insecurity and infrastructural costs, most business organizations have resolved to migrate to mobile money online as their payment methods. Online transactions are completely secure, simple and convenient to use compared to cash transaction. Do you know how to register MTN mobile money online?
MTN mobile money in Ghana is offered by MTN in association with several banks in Ghana. Increasing penetration of internet in most parts of Africa has made this service more convenient.
MTN mobile money Ghana
MTN Ghana mobile money is a prominent means of payment which is currently used by around 200 million people from 22 different nations in Africa. Ghana makes just a fraction of the users though it has become very common in the country.
Currently, a considerable number of people in Ghana, especially the E-commerce business community have changed to MTN online mobile money as their new mode of payment. Most businesses including shops, supermarkets, wholesalers and retailers accept MTN mobile money as a method of payment. It has therefore become prominent in most parts of Africa.
How to register MTN mobile money online
The process of acquiring and using this service begins with registration and opening an account. MTN allows you to transfer money online via the MyMTN app or MTN mobile money website.
However, you need to register your MTN online wallet to access these services. The MTN Ghana mobile money has a limit for the daily amount of money you can transfer in a day. Below are easy steps on how to open MTN mobile money account online:
- Visit the MTN mobile money website
- Click on “Register”
- Enter your username (MTN phone number and PIN)
- Enter the auto-generated captcha displayed below your username
- Key in the one-time password that you will receive on your phone from MTN
- Keep the password MTN will create for you or devise a secure one that you can remember easily
- Repeat the password in the third space (The password you have selected from the previous step)
- Click on “Continue”
- Dial *126*1# to authorize your phone to access MTN web money
MTN online registration app
You can also decide to use the MTN online registration app. This app contains all the information on MTN in a simplified way. When you click on it, you can do anything concerning MTN online, be it registration, sending money, and making payments among others.
MTN mobile money registration via their mobile app is easy and secure. The app is compatible with all operating systems, from Android to iOS. Below are details on how to register your mobile money account through the MTN app:
- Visit App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android) and download and install My MTN app Ghana on your phone.
- Fill in personal details using these steps:
- Enter your first and last name as registered on your ID card.
- Select your gender
- Tap on the list box and choose your country, which is Ghana, in this case.
- Enter your date of birth
- Fill in your contact details using these steps:
- Enter your mobile number.
- Key in your Address Number 1
- Input Address Number 2
- Enter Address Number 3
- Enter the city you are living in
- Input your Post Code
How to unlock mobile money account
Have you forgotten your MTN mobile money account’ password? Has someone tried to access your MTN mobile money wallet and keyed in the wrong password, thus blocking your account? Do not tense because you can unblock the account. Do it yourself to avoid exposing your new password to other people. Follow the procedure below:
- Dial *170# on your phone.
- Select option 6, “My Wallet”
- Pick option 5, “Change and reset password”
- Select option 2, “Reset password”
- Key in your new password and follow the subsequent steps keenly:
- Visit any MTN office in Ghana
- If you can access the nearest MTN office in Ghana, MTN staff will help you unblock the mobile money wallet account within a few minutes. It would help if you had the following things to make it easy for the employee to serve you:
- Bring with you an original copy of your ID card that you used to register for the MTN mobile number.
- Give the MTN staff your full ID names
- Disclose to the staff your date of birth as stated on the ID card
- Inform the staff how much money you last transacted and the balance you have in your mobile money account
- You will receive a text notification that will enable you to change your account’s password.
- Request the staff to help you complete the next phase of resetting the password to unlock your mobile money account.
- Contact MTN on Facebook or call the MTN toll free customer service line, 100. MTN’s mobile money customer representative will attend to you.
The process is similar to the procedure you will undergo at an MTN office. If you cannot access your account on an MTN mobile money app or notice something odd with the app, please call 100 or visit MTN offices for help.
Once you register MTN mobile money online, you don’t have to visit a bank to send money or receive money. You can comfortably receive money to your online wallet and make payment for goods and service through the same platform at the comfort of your home.
Yen.com.gh recently reported about MTN mobile money charges: MoMo withdrawal & transfer costs 2020. MTN money allows you to top up your airtime, buy insurance, pay for bills such as DStv and school fees.
Also, you can conveniently receive and send cash through MoMo. In partnership with the bank of Africa, the MTN partners ensure that clients can access the services they pay for.