The right broken heart quotes can go a long way in ensuring that the pain in your heart is numbed. This happens when you get to soothe your emotions in a period when you are sore. These messages do not have to be for you alone. In case you know someone that may be in serious need of some cheering up because they have been heartbroken then consider sending them one of these quotes.
Having your heart broken is one of the worst experience. You are likely to feel that your heart has been crushed into tiny pieces that are irreparable. Fortunately, the pain will fade and the wound will heal. However, this is not always obvious when you are going through the trauma at the time. As such, consider consoling yourself or a friend you know with the following quotes. When everything else makes no sense, these quotes will remind you of why you need to strive for greatness.
READ ALSO: Sad love quotes for her
Broken heart quotes sayings
Everyone needs to be consoled when they experience a heartbreak regardless of whether they are male or female. The experience is often similar as far as the pain and disappointment is concerned. You are likely to feel betrayed and may even be angered. You will need inspiring and uplifting messages during this phase when you are between emotions. Some of these quotes will help you maintain your sanity and prevent you from causing any harm to yourself. Check out the different messages you could use.
Broken heart quotes for him
It is possible to come across man with a broken heart quotes for men who are going through difficult breakups. Even though it is often assumed that men are strong and can get through anything, this is not always the case. Love can make anyone weak and vulnerable as you get to open up your deepest emotions to others. When this happens, be the kind of supportive friend that is ready with encouraging quotes for him. Here are perfect examples of broken quotes for him to consider.
- Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same. Warsan Shire
- Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it. Mark Twain
- Do not give up, it is amazing how things can turn themselves around. Karen Salmansohn
- Thinking of you is a poison I drink often. Atticus
- When it comes to love and loss, acceptance is never easy. We can’t make someone see all we have to give, make them love us, or make them change. All we can do is move on and stop wasting time. April Mae Monterrosa
- The moment that you feel that, just possibly, you’re walking down the street naked, exposing too much of your heart and your mind and what exists on the inside, showing too much of yourself. That’s the moment you may be starting to get it right. Neil Gaiman
- A doctor once told me I feel too much. I said, so does God. that’s why you can see the grand canyon from the moon. Andrea Gibson
- A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along. J.S.B. Morse
- There is no remedy for love but to love more. Henry David Thoreau
- Love will come to you when it’s ready, not necessarily when you are. Danielle Shorr
- Let’s hope that for every time that we get hurt or break our heart, there is something somewhere being written to make up for it, to make the happiness due even bigger and laughters even merrier, for after all good things must happen to good people. Mansi Soni
- Do not listen to people who think they have all the answers. Nobody is your savior, except you and perhaps a God you do or do not pray to. Read things that make you feel, that challenge what you think you know. Get fired up. Push yourself beyond those ten feet in front of you. Let yourself be pissed the fu*ck off. Maybe if you get angry enough, you’ll change your damn life. Maybe if you let yourself be consumed by envy or anger or frustration or disappointment, you will finally do what it takes to make yourself happy. Jamie Varon
- I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if the end we end up together, it’s beautiful. Boy Meets World
- What happens when people open their hearts? They get better. Haruki Murakami
- So it’s true when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love. E.A. Bucchianeri
READ ALSO: Quotes about moving on from someone
Sad broken heart quotes
Breaking up with someone you were once deeply in love with is a difficult thing. Furthermore, it can happen to anyone regardless of age and experience. Usually, when this happens, sadness and remorse are inevitable. However, with a resolve to get over it, it is possible to come out stronger and encouraged. Here are a few quotes to help you navigate the sad phase quickly.
- Never let a bad person change your inner goodness. Karen Salmansohn
- My feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping but I shall go on living. Pablo Neruda
- So here’s the thing with broken hearts. No matter how you try, the pieces never fit the way they did before. Ariana
- To be rejected by someone doesn’t mean you should also reject yourself or that you should think of yourself as a lesser person. It doesn’t mean that nobody will ever love you anymore. Remember that only one person has rejected you at the moment, and it only hurt so much because to you, that person’s opinion symbolized the opinion of the whole world, of God. Jocelyn Soriano
- Don’t cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won’t let you see the stars. Violeta Parra
- You did not love her. Maybe she was good for your ego. Maybe she was good for show but you did not love her. Because when you love someone you do not destroy them. Grey anatomy.
- When you are standing in [a]forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope. Elizabeth Gilbert
- And then the day came, when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to Blossom. Anaïs Nin
- I’d rather love a million times and have my heart broken every time, than hold a permanently empty heart forever. H.C. Paye
- Sadness flies away on the wings of time. Jean de La Fontaine
- A wounded deer leaps highest. Emily Dickinson
- I had someone once who made every day mean something. And now…. I am lost…. And nothing means anything anymore. Ranata Suzuki
- We draw maps of each other’s pasts. Heartbreaks colored in black. Grief outlined in purple. The happiest times shaded yellow. This is how we learn each other. We are so scared and brave. We are so terrified and willing. We rewrite the definition of brave and it is this: love again. love again. love again. Fortesa Latifi
- Unrequited love does not die; it’s only beaten down to a secret place where it hides, curled and wounded. Elle Newmark
- I am hopelessly in love with a memory. An echo from another time, another place. Michael Faudet
- How can you forget the day your heart is broken? The funny thing about a broken heart is that it’s not fatal. Though you wish in vain that it were, life continues on and you have no choice but to continue on with it. You take the hand that fate has dealt you and you press forward because there is nothing else that can be done. Tracy Winegar
READ ALSO: Sad love quotes for him
Broken heart quotes for her
Whether you opt for broken heart quotes pictures or are more concerned with the depth of the message, these quotes will help you console your girlfriend. In case you have no idea how to talk to her, consider sending her any of these messages. You can be sure that she will be encouraged and consoled. These inspirational quotes for broken hearted woman will help you get back on your feet faster than you know it.
- Do not keep running back to the person yo should be walking away from. Karen Salmansohn
- I don’t understand, why do I stress the man, when there’s so many bigger things at hand? Amy Winehouse
- As painful as this thing has been I just can’t be with no one else. See I know what we’ve got to do. You let go, and I’ll let go too. ‘Cause no one’s hurt me more than you and no one ever will. Lauryn Hill
- Maybe that’s just how he looks at girls in cars. Looks like they need saving, doesn’t see she’s her own Superhero. Her kryptonite, not his hands. The Galaxy behind his glasses. The promises that fall silent when the sun rises and the sheets are made. She only falls when she forgets her power, that she is the moon and stars and everything he wishes upon. She thinks, maybe that’s just how he looks at girls in cars. Doesn’t even see she’s the one driving. Ari Eastman
- Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for. Mandy Hale
- Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it but also the father who wipes away the tears. Criss Jami
- You ask everybody you know: How long does it usually take to get over it? There are many formulas. One year for every year you dated. Two years for every year you dated. It’s just a matter of willpower: The day you decide it’s over, it’s over. You never get over it. Junot Díaz
- Never forget, you have value. You are worth time, worth energy, worth worship. Your delicate enchantments are a holy wine. Silver aura of my moon. Song of my air. My afternoon shadows. My divine messenger. The literature of stars is in your very pores. Benedict Smith
- It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise. Sara Teasdale
- I suffer, suffer from a habit, yes I’m an addict. But someone else is out there, it’s just simple mathematics.There’s over 7 billion mothafuc*kas on the planet and 4 billion of us are of legal age. Watsky
- Long after I have given up, my heart still searches for you without my permission. Rudy Francisco
- I am the kind of woman who will never, ever apologise for being herself. Laura Jane Williams
- Before I die, I want to be somebody’s favorite hiding place, the place they can put everything they know they need to survive, every secret, every solitude, every nervous prayer, and be absolutely certain I will keep it safe. I will keep it safe. Andrea Gibson
- I don’t think you ever really understood...... All the love I had in the world went to you. Ranata Suzuki
- A broken heart in real life isn’t half as dreadful as it is in books. […] It takes spells of aching and gives you a sleepless night now and then, but between times it lets you enjoy life and dreams as if there were nothing the matter with it. L.M. Montgomery
- One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you… then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go. Aubrey Drake Graham
- A soul mate is not the person who makes you the happiest, but the one who makes you feel the most. Sierra DeMulder
- I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart. Julia Roberts
- You left and the world didn’t crumble. I owe the universe a dollar.” Rudy Francisco
The above broken heart quotes will help you get over the hardest situations in your life. Just because you loved someone and it did not work out does not mean you must shy away from opening your heart again. You never know who will come and heal all previous heartaches for good.
READ ALSO: Love poems for him from the heart