The Akufo-Addo led NPP administration made a lot of promises prior to the 2016 general elections. It has been two years since the NPP government was sworn into office.
YEN.com.gh looks at 15 promises made by the NPP and has been fulfilled.
It appears from all indications that most Ghanaians are already feeling the new wind of ‘NPP Positive Change with those well packaged workable policies currently blowing across the length and breadth of the country.
READ ALSO: Young boy makes a wardrobe that uses paper chip to operate
A according to Vice President, Mahamudu Bawumia, all the indicators critical to Ghana’s development are pointing to good results representing enormous economic growth and to drive an entirely new financial policy direction with massive benefits for the poor.
Below is the list of 15 fulfilled promises according to the NPP in the first two years;
1. National Property Digital Address System delivered
The National Digital Property Addressing System, also known as the Ghana Post GPS, was launched by the NPP in October 2017.
2. Restore teacher training allowances to reduce the hardship on teacher trainees
3. Establish a Zongo Development Fund
4. Renewed focus on agriculture through the Planting For Food and Jobs program
5. The establishment of three Development Authorities (Northern, Middle Belt and Coastal)
6. Implementation of a Nation Builders Corps program to reduce the hardships on the graduate unemployed
7. Implementation of mobile money interoperability
READ ALSO: Nana Addo touts NPP’s 41 fulfilled promises
8. Established an Office of the Special Prosecutor on Corruption
9. Revived Ghana’s railways
10. Created six new regions