Facebook has grown to become the most preferred social media platform by a significant portion of the worlds population. This is because of its ability to easily keep people in communication across the globe. And in turn, has attracted a number of business, both small and large. With options like business page, and groups, institutions are able to create platforms where they share information with their clients. This has not only helped business to retain their current clients but also to make new clients by expanding their reach.
Can you rename a page on Facebook? If no, why can't I change my Facebook page name? If yes, what do i need to learn how to change Facebook page name? This and many more questions might cross your mind, when looking forward to change your Facebook's page title. In the past, changing your Facebook page name was a complex process. However, with the recent changes made on Facebook, it has become easier to change this name.
How to change your Facebook page name
How do I change my Facebook business page URL 2018? This is a question most people grapple with. It is however, a simple four step process that you can learn and implement in less than a minute. The process is similar to how to change Facebook page name on laptop. Anyone who has a Facebook account can navigate the platform and make all the right changes to his page. But first, you have to ensure that you are the admin of the particular page you seek to change. Follow these steps to change the name of your Facebook page and its URL.
READ ALSO: How to create a PayPal account in Ghana
1. Click 'About' and 'Edit'
While combing through your Facebook page as the admin, go to the top left of the page and click 'ABOUT' tab, which will direct you to the 'EDIT' option, which you should click. The edit command is opposite the current page title.
2. Change the name
Clicking on Edit will lead make it possible for you to edit the account title. Type in the new title. This should be the name that you want your page to be known as. You should however, ensure that the denomination you choose will not go against all the naming requirements set by Facebook. These requirements are:
- Don’t use any variation of “Facebook” in your name.
- Don’t include your company slogan in your name.
- Don’t use random capitalization that would make your elementary school teacher cringe.
- Do be specific with your name.
- Do avoid misleading terms or words.
- Don’t choose words that can be discriminatory, violating, or abusive.
3. Proceed - submit the changes
Once you confirm the choice of title and that everything meets the minimum requirement set by Facebook, you need to click 'CONTINUE'.
This option will not appear if you are not the admin of the page. Therefore, you have to ensure that you are among the people listed as the page's admin. Other roles will not be able to make these changes, unless you change the settings by going to 'SETTINGS' and then to 'PAGE ROLES' on the left side of the page.
If you the page's admin and still do not find the option to CONTINUE, then check all the detail of your page, just to confirm someone else did not alter with the details of your page.
Facebook does not limit you on the number of times you choose to change the title of your page. The changes should, however, be spaced seven days apart.
4. Review request
Once you have done everything right, you are supposed to review the changes. Ensure everything is as you want it to appear on your page. After that, click on REQUEST CHANGE. This will make all your changes official.
If your experience long delays, like for a day or two, it is wise for you to reach out to Facebook's support and seek redress. This will help you ensure that there is no hindrance affecting the changes from your end. In addition to this, Facebook support will advice you accordingly on what the problem might be.
You should note that changing the page title does not change its user name.
How can I change my Facebook page name after 200 likes?
This is a different process altogether. The process of changing your page's title when it has more than 200 likes might be a little bit challenging. Facebook also makes it clears that you can not change the denomination of your page if you have 200 or more likes. This however does not mean that you can not make these changes at all.
There is a process that you can follow to make these changes. The process involves requesting Facebook through the admin panel. If you get a go ahead, you can all the changes you want on the page's name in spite of the number of likes you get.
The process of changing your Facebook's page with over 200 likes is as follows:
- Visit the your Admin Panel
- Choose the Edit page option and then Update Public Info
- While you are at the Basic Info Section, go to Name - is almost halfway down the page
- If the page has less than 200 likes, you can change Edit the name in the name Field
- If your page has more than 200 likes choose the Request Change link
- After that, you need to look into the ‘I understand the formatting guidelines for my Page’s new name’ box
- Choose the right option/category under 'Your age name currently represents'
- After that , look into the ‘I would still like to change my Page name. I have documentation to demonstrate this change’ box
- Then, enter 'Your Desired Page Name'
- Write the reason for your name change from the drop down
- After that you should add all the right documentations that will support your reason for change. These documentation include a Phone bill or Utility bill
Ensure you do everything right from the start to the end so as to avoid unnecessary complications during the approval process. Facebook will later on, in a few days, confirm whether your request to change the title of your page has been approved or not. It is also important to note that this change can only happen once. You will not be allowed to change this name again if your first attempt is successful.
This is, therefore, how to change Facebook page name after limit. If you were wondering how to change Facebook page name after 200 likes, then this process will put all your worries to rest.
Importance of choosing the right Facebook page name
Before we wrap up, it is important to know why your Facebook page name is important to your business. This will help you to make the right choice from the beginning on which page title to use. And if you feel the need to alter your Facebook page denomination, this points will help you remember the weight of this choice. Here are the importance of choosing the right Facebook page name:
- Your page name is what appears on your Facebook page, while the username is what appears on your URL
- The title of your page is used to generate search results when a person does a search using the Facebook's search function
- You Facebook page is the window to your business - you have to keep your page neat and inviting at all times. Choosing the right title is one way to do this.
This is how to change Facebook page name. The process is simple if your page has less than 200 likes but can be a little bit complicated if it has more than 200 likes. Nonetheless, it is doable. You should also ensure to pick a name that, knowing well what the importance of a good page title.
- Online investment in Ghana: companies and opportunities
- Ghanaian Engineer speaks about how Facebook, Google using his inventions
- How to buy WAEC scratch card with mobile money
- NAM1's wife Rozy celebrates him on his birthday (photo)