Africa has so many great actors who are spread out within the continent. In the list of the great actors’ names in Africa, one of the most dominant ones is that of Agya Koo. Koo has millions of fans throughout the globe, making him one of the most popular actors not only in his home country, Ghana, but also throughout the world.
One of the most popular actors and comedians in Ghana is the talented Agya Koo. Although his name is Kofi Adu, most people recognize him as Agya Koo.
Kofi Adu profile summary
- Full Name: Kofi Adu
- Nick Name: Agya Koo
- Date of Birth: May 25, 1969
- Birth Town: Kumasi, Ashanti region
- Nationality: Ghana
- Wife: Rita Asiedu
- Children: Three
Kofi Adu is popularly known as Agya Koo. He is a great actor and comedian from Ghana, who was born on the 25th of May in 1969. The comedian was formally from the Ashanti region of Ghana but resided in a suburb located in Accra Newtown known as Asantewaa. The question that lingers most peoples’ minds is ‘how did Kofi Adu venture into acting?’ The Ghanaian actor and comedian used to work as a shoemaker before being discovered on a comedy show being featured on Ghana National Television (GNT).
At the time of his discovery, Kofi was working a crowd warmer at the National Theater in Accra. After his discovery, Adu appeared in so many Ghanaian movies including Obaatanpa, Black Star, and Ma Trick Wo. Adu has made appearances in over 90 Ghanaian movies, with 15 being his favorite ones. He received a National Award from the then-Ghanaian President John Agyekum Kufuor in July 2008.
Lovely photos of the wedding of Agya Koo
In June 2016, the Ghanaian actor re-married three years after an end to the union he had with his then-wife, Victoria Darko, who is famously known as Akua Vic. The wedding occasion took place at the Lancaster house fifth floor, 70 Newington Causeway elephant and castle London. The celebration was attended by Ghana celebrities such as Kaakyire Kwame Appiah and Amakye Dede. The comedian married Rita Asiedu in London after dating for four years.
Children of Agya Koo
The talented Ghanaian actor Agya Koo, who was born and raised in Kumasi, Ashanti region has been married for fifteen years and has three children.
READ ALSO: Alleged wedding photos of Adwoa Smart pop up
Agya Koo house
Celebrities are known due to their possession of lavish homes in their home towns. Kofi Adu is no exception. The Ghanaian actor and comedian has houses in Ghana that are worth millions. The comedian also owns an impressive fleet of cars. Recently, Agya and movie stars such as Jackie Appiah and Majid Michel were offered brand new cars at the Ghana Movie Awards.
Five fascinating facts about Agya Koo
- Kofi Adu is not a football fan. Most males are believed to be football fans. However, this is not the case with this comedian. It leaves most of his fans questioning what he does on the weekends while other men are enjoying matches.
- Rumors were spreading around regarding his death. The comedian revealed that during this period he received over 120 calls in a day. Adu never came out to address the rumors, but acknowledges that he had to fly out to Spain to escape the buzz online that was created by the rumors.
- Kofi was once a crowd warmer. Before being a crowd entertainer, Adu was a crowd warmer back when he used to work for Ghana National TV (GNT).
- Kofi was awarded with a National Award by President John Kufuor in 2008. The award is given to individuals who have contributed significantly to society. Adu is considered as one of the few people who have shaped the Ghanaian acting industry.
- Agya receives over 50 calls from women daily! Given that the comedian is married, this is one of the most bizarre revelations ever. Kofi told his wife about the calls, and she seems to understand the situation. The actor revealed that he has learnt ways of dealing with the calls from women.
The famous actor and comedian Agya Koo is one of the faces to watch out for in the acting industry. He is well known for his skillful acting skills that tend to impress majority of his fans. Kofi acquired the stage name Agya Koo back in the 90s and has maintained the name since then.
READ ALSO: Michelle Attoh biography: Age, Siblings, Ex-Husband, Photos and Movies