If you have just bought a new GOtv decoder or moved to a new place, installing it can be quite challenging if you are not a technician. For you to have crystal clear channels, you must have quality signals. Learning how to install GOtv to get excellent signals is imperative.
If you install GOtv by yourself, you will have saved extra cash that would have paid an installation technician. The procedure of mounting and connecting the needed accessories is quite straightforward. You don’t need any skills, computer knowledge, or any other capabilities, follow this GOtv installation guide.
What you'll need
If you want to install GOtv correctly, you need to have the following equipment:
- A metallic pole for mounting. You can get this from any hardware shop near you. You can also mount using a wooden pole.
- Clips for holding your antenna cable.
- A hammer for nailing the mounting pole.
- 2 to 4 nails.
If you buy a brand new GOtv pack, you should have the following with you:
- A GOtv antenna
- Pole bracket for clipping the antenna
- A cable wire about 30 metres long
- A new GOtv decoder
- AV wire
- Remote control
- A user manual
Step by step guide on how to install GOtv
Follow the procedure below to set up your GOtv:
Assembling the GoTenna
The first step should be assembling your GOtv antenna. Use the steps below:
- Position the cable: Pull one end of the cable through the middle of your antenna grid.
- Mount the cable: Screw the cable jack into the yellow plastic box of the antenna. Make sure it fits in tightly.
- Push in the waterproof rubber: When you have tightly screwed the port, slide in the waterproof sleeve. It will prevent your signal from being distorted during the rainy season.
- Clip the antennas to the grid: The green plastic box should be fitted into the green clip. The red box should also be fitted into the red clip.
- Install the U clip: Place it in the middle of your grid.
- Connect the pole bracket: Fit it in the U bracket. The flat side should be facing the GOtv antenna grid.
- Attach it with the pole: Insert it between the U clip and pole bracket. Make sure that the down arrow on the yellow box is pointing downwards.
8. Mount the second pole bracket: Place the second U clip on the upper part of your grid. Attach the pole bracket and tighten the wing nuts so that the pole holds the antenna firmly.
9. Fix the antenna on your roof: Find a clear site that has no tall buildings or trees that can obstruct signals. Nail your antenna firmly so that it is steady even when the weather is windy.
10. Point the antenna to your nearest signal transmitter: If you don’t know the location of the nearest GOtv transmitter, check the direction which other antennas in your locale point.
Connecting your decoder
- Connect your decoder to your TV set: Use the AV cables provided. Insert the red one into the red port, the yellow into the yellow port, and the white into the white port.
- Fix the GOtenna cable to your decoder: Screw it to the “RF IN” plug on your GOtv antenna.
3. Power the set-top box: Connect the Power Supply Unit (Adapter) into one of your extension sockets. Plug it into the power port and turn the switch on. GOtv recommends that you use a surge protector.
4. Switch your TV on: Use the power button or your remote. Set the input to AV or HDMI depending on the connector cable you are using between the decoder and your television.
Wait for around 20 seconds; you will see the GOtv logo appear. A channel scan will follow it. You have successfully mounted the antenna and connected your decoder properly. You should now be able to watch the GO Channel.
If you have just moved to a new house and you were previously using the decoder, skip this part. If you have just bought a new set-top box, activate it through the following steps:
You will need a browser, access to the internet, and some basic computer skills. Follow the steps below:
- Connect to the internet: Make sure the source of your connection is reliable.
- Open your browser: Launch the Start Menu and search for the program in question if you are using a PC. Once you locate it tap on its logo.
- Go to the activation portal: Use the official address.
- Select your city: Make sure you have selected the correct country so that the appropriate options appear.
- Key in your surname: This is the last name you provided when you were buying the decoder.
- Enter the IUC number: You can find this figure at the bottom side of your decoder.
- Provide your mobile number: It should be correct as GOtv will be communicating to you regarding your account using the number you provide.
- Tap “ACTIVATE NEW ACCOUNT”: This is a green button at the bottom of the portal.
If you are unable to access the internet, you should opt for this method to activate GOtv. You will need some credit balance to use this procedure.
- Open your messages application: You will find this app on your home screen or app tray.
- Create a new message: Click on the ‘+’ button on the upper right side of your screen.
- Enter the receiver: This should be 4688 if you live in Ghana.
- Write the message: On your SMS body, type in your details in the format “Accept*your-IUC-number*Surname*mobile-number*city*the-product” without the quotation marks.
- Tap send: If you are using a dual sim gadget, select your preferred line.
Use the steps below to activate your decoder using a USSD code:
- Open your phone app
- Dial *759#
- Tap the call button
- Select the preferred SIM card if you are using a dual-line gadget
- Follow the on-screen instruction to activate your decoder.
Calling GOtv customer care
Use the contact details listed at the end of this article. This is by far the simplest method to activate your set-top box.
GOtv signal problem
If your GOtv is showing no signal, then you misconnected your antenna. Troubleshoot using the following steps:
- Check whether you have connected the antenna cable to the RF IN port correctly.
- Make sure you have screwed the antenna plug correctly.
- Unmount your antenna and check if you have connected the cable properly.
If the signal is still weak, follow the steps below:
- Go to the decoder settings.
- Navigate to the signal strength segment
- Have a friend monitor them while you position your antenna correctly.
- Once you have hit a signal strength of 100, you can watch all the channels without scratches.
Still no strong signal? Make sure you have adhered to the following practices:
- The antenna should be away from obstructions such as tall trees and buildings. If you cannot get a clear place to mount it, then consider using a long pole.
- If you had tempered with any of the cable heads, then purchase a new cable.
- Purchase a new antenna as the current one could be faulty
- Call GOtv customer care for support.
- You can also hire a technician to install the antenna correctly.
If none of the above works for you, then it’s time to purchase a signal booster.
GOtv Ghana contacts
If you have any inquiries, complaints, or concerns about GOtv installation, reach out via the following:
- Physical Address: No 8 Basko Lane Off George Walker Bush Highway
- Facebook: @GOtvGhana
- Twitter: @GOtv_Ghana
- Email: GOtvGhana@multichoice.co.za
- Phone number: +233 302 740 540
- USSD: *759#
- Website: gotvafrica.com
The procedure on how to install GOtv is that simple. Mount your antenna, connect your decoder to the television, and power it on.
Yen.com.gh recently provided a straightforward guide on how movies enthusiasts can download films using YIFY movies torrent downloader. The procedure is relatively easy, and favourable for both Android and PC users.
It has also been made clear that you can download as many movies as possible safely and at no cost. Also, the movies are free from viruses or malware. Therefore, the files in your gadget will not be corrupted.