- Stanley Mensah Kodia, also known as KOD, has been arrested in connection with a fraudulent transaction
- He is said to have sold a resold plots of lands to different people causing one to report him to the police
- KOD was reportedly arrested on Wednesday, January 13, 2021, and was granted bail the same day
- He had claimed to be a brother to Nana Appiah Mensah (NAM1) of the defunct Menzgold Company
- KOD is known to have insulted President Akufo-Addo and other state officials over the Menzgold saga
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana
Stanley Mensah Kodia, a young man who claimed to be a brother to Nana Appia Mensah, popularly known as NAM1, has reportedly been arrested for fraud.
Also a British soldier, KOD, as he is popularly known, has found himself on the wrong side of the law for being charged with fraud.
He was reportedly picked up on Wednesday, January 13, 2021, by the police after an official complaint was made against him.
This is contained in a report sighted by YEN.com.gh on Mynewsgh.com.
According to the report, KOD and his father, Nii Okpoti Kodua, sold 20 plots of land to the complainant at Oyarifa in the Greater Accra Region, in 2015.
The complainant is said to have walled the plots of land with the intention of developing them later but was left in shock when he visited the location recently only to find that the lands have been encroached and resold.
A fence gate on the walled plots of land was also pulled down as new owners have taken over the property and were developing it.
KOD was arrested as he is alleged to have played a key role in the entire transaction.
He was granted bail and released on Wednesday afternoon but is expected to report back as investigations continue.
Meanwhile, KOD made the headlines when he went berserk attacking Akufo-Addo and some other state officials following the closure of Menzgold Company.
He claimed that the president was benefitting from NAM1 as he kept sending him money when his business was booming.
KOD also said the EOCO boss was sending people to NAM1’s house to collect money and mobile phones for him.
He dared that if the officials should deny all these, he would bring out evidence to further accuse them.
Enjoy reading our stories?
Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
"Carlos Ahenkorah chewed and swallowed 2 ballot papers" - Asiedu Nketia| #Yencomgh