- A lawyer, Bernard Owiredu Donkor, has said Akuapem Poloo, also called Rosemond Brown, can spend up to 3 years in jail for her offense
- He said Brown’s order to undergo a pregnancy test suggests that she is going to be handed a custodian sentence
- She has been charged for pleading guilty to three charges brought against her
- Brown had shared a nude photo with her son to celebrate his birthday
- Some celebrities have spoken on the matter and are pleading for a mild punishment for her rather than a jail sentence
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
A private legal practitioner, Bernard Owiredu Donkor, has said actress Akuapem Poloo, also called Rosemond Brown, could face up to a three-year jail term.
He said Brown’s offense was a misdemeanour, and thus could be handed a maximum of three years in jail.
According to him, the court directing Rosemond Brown to undergo a pregnancy test means that she is in for a custodian sentence, explaining that the law does not allow for a pregnant woman to be kept in jail.
A-Plus defends Akuapem Poloo; cites instances in Akufo-Addo's gov't where appointees were left off the hook
Lawyer Donkor, added, however, that Brown’s lawyer could put up a strong defense to have the sentence reduced, suggesting that he could argue on the line that she is a single mother and there is no one to take care of her child.
This explanation by the lawyer is contained in a report sighted by YEN.com.gh on Citinewsroom.com.
Brown's final sentence will be made known by the court on Friday, April 16, 2021, and the lawyer says he would not be surprised if she is handed a jail sentence.
Meanwhile, Rosemond Brown pleaded guilty and was convicted by the court following her own pleas.
This comes after Rosemond Brown shared nude photos with her son, Sonof, on social media to celebrate his birthday.
She squats before her son all naked while holding his hands in a photoshoot. Rosemond Brown shared the photo to her Instagram and explained the idea behind the nude photoshoot.
According to her, she gave birth to her son all naked, therefore, she decided to go naked to remind him of what she went through to get him.
Following the backlash, Akuapem Poloo quickly deleted the post from social media. YEN.com.gh, however, obtained a copy before it was deleted:
Enjoy reading our stories?
Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!