The President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo apppointed Madam Frema Osei-Opare as his Chief of Staff.
Get more news on Prez. Nana Addo here
Here are 6 fast facts Frema Osei Opare to get you well-acquainted with Ghana’s first Female Chief of Staff
1. She is a development consultant and a labour and employment expert, with 40 years of experience in these fields.
2. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Home Science from the University of Ghana, and a Master’s degree in Foods, from the University Of Guelph, Canada.
3. She was a lecturer at the University of Ghana, Legon, from 1976-1982.
4. She was also a consultant for the United Nations in the ‘Women in Fisheries’ programme in countries such as Uganda, Ethiopia, Congo, Kenya and Namibia.
READ ALSO: Nana Addo's presidency "a new day, new dawn" - Mahama
5. She served as the Deputy Minister for Manpower, Youth and Employment from 2005 to 2008, during the tenure of President John Agyekum Kufuor.
6. She is also the former Member of Parliament for Ayawaso West Wuogon and is married with 4 children.
READ MORE: Meet Ghana's first female chief of staff, Frema Osei