The Ghana Statistical Service Recruitment and Jobs is a section of the Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) portal which contains information on available job vacancies in Ghana. The Ghana Statistical Service is a body mandated with the role of surveying, analysis and presentation of statistical data for the Ghanaian people. This helps them make informed decisions on all tenets of their life.
Are you looking for an employment opportunity, the Ghana Statistical Service has many job vacancies available for you. To find these jobs, go to the Ghana Statistical Service website at http://www.statsghana.gov.gh/ and see many of the jobs available at their website. Just select the one that fits your qualifications and interest and apply. Currently, some of the Ghana Statistical Service jobs available include; the position of Government Statistician.
Purpose of the Job
The job holder will be required to offer strategic leadership, administrative and technical direction aimed at the achievement of the overall mandate of the Service. If you want to apply for the job, you can download the Ghana Statistical Service recruitment form at their website.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To advise the Ghanaian government and the Ghana Statistical Service Management Board on all matters pertaining to statistics.
- Coordination of the statistical information for the National Statistical System (NSS).
- Collaboration and enhancement of government relationships with other agencies with that of the Ghana Statistical Service for the fulfillment of this mandate
- The coordination of data collection, compilation, analysis and its publication.
- Conduction of statistical surveys in the country, including any census.
- Promotion of the effectiveness of the use of statistics and stimulation of research activities in all fields that require the application of statistics.
Applicants for the abovementioned position should
- Be Ghanaians, of good conduct
- Holders of PhD in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Demography/Population Studies or any related discipline
- Have a minimum of 5 Years’ post PhD work experience
- Be members of a relevant professional body
- Have considerable and relevant post Master’s or 1st degree work experience in a relevant field
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit
- Six copies of their detailed CVs including email address, telephone numbers and three referees.
- Six copies of a well detailed 2-page vision statement of the Ghana Statistical Service.
- Six copies of a brief description of their responsibilities in the current or previous job.
- Other relevant documents.
Ghana Statistical Service is an equal employer. People with disability and women are encouraged to apply for the same position.
Interested applicants should send their full detailed application forms to:
THE GHANA STATISTICAL SERVICE GOVERNING BOARD
GHANA STATISTICAL SERVICE
P.O BOX GP 1098
Also for those who want to send their applications in so via the Ghana Statistical Service board website email@example.com.
The successful applicant will be posted in Accra Ghana for a four year contract which is renewable upon satisfactory work.
The Ghana statistical service recruitment is a continuous exercise which takes place frequently as new job vacancies arise. Be the first one to know when there are new job openings at the Ghana Statistical Service by logging to their portal. If you want to visit the physical location of Ghana Statistical Service, they are situated at Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning Building in Accra.
READ ALSO: How to Start a Business in Ghana in 2018