The Ghana Education Service (GES) recruits new staff each academic year to ensure smooth operations in public schools. Like any other academic year, the agency is recruiting new staff this year. What are Ghana Education Service recruitment requirements and application procedures for the vacant positions?
The GES vacancies are open to all Ghanaians. However, it’s worth noting that you can only apply for posts you are qualified to hold. Otherwise, you will be wasting your money, effort, and time. Here is the current news about GES recruitment, available positions, and application procedure:
Ghana Education Service recruitment categories
GES recruitment can be divided into the following categories:
- Teaching staff: These are the people directly involved in tutoring students in schools.
- Non-teaching staff: Support staff for teachers. These people do not teach students.
GES recruitment for graduate teachers
The agency is currently accepting applications from graduate teachers. Here are the various details you need to know about job requirements, application procedures, and what documents you should have.
GES graduate recruitment requirements
You should have the following minimum prerequisites before applying:
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- You should also have completed the National Service Training.
- A Teacher Licensure Examination certificate is mandatory.
- You must be prepared to work in any part of Ghana where GES decides to post you.
- Priority is given to applicants with high-demand subjects such as Early Childhood, French, TVET, and Sciences. This should not discourage you from applying.
You will not be shortlisted if you do not meet any of the GES recruitment requirements. You will need the following documents:
- Your birth certificate
- Junior high certificate (BECE)
- Senior high certificate (WASSCE)
- NTC certificate
- TIN or SSNIT number
GES recruitment of university graduates procedure
Follow the following steps to declare your candidature:
1. Buy a voucher: The voucher costs GHC. 5. Use the following procedure:
- Go to the promotions portal: Use the official address.
- Tap “Click to Buy”: Once the website fully loads, you will see this button under the eVoucher Card Tab. Click on it.
- Select the type of voucher: This should be an application eVoucher, which costs GHC. 5.
- Select your mobile money network: This could be either Vodafone, Tigo Cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money.
- Specify your phone number: Type in your ten-digit correct phone number and move to the next step.
- Enter your email: Ensure it is correct as you will use it to log in to the portal.
- Click “Submit”: Wait for the transaction to be approved. As you do so, go to your mobile wallet and approve the transaction.
If the procedure was successful, you will receive an SMS containing your voucher code.
2. Start the application: Go to the "Graduates Recruitment" tab and tap on the green button below to start your application.
3. Log into your account: User your eVoucher code and email to do so.
4. Fill in your personal details: You will be asked for your age, name, address, contacts, nationality, languages, and so forth. Make sure you enter the details correctly.
5. Fill in your academic details: List all the qualifications you have, your teaching experience, and so forth.
6. Specify your subject preferences: Choose your first, second, and third subject preferences. You should only select these based on what you studied.
7. State your non-teaching experience: If you have previously worked in any industry not related to teaching, be sure to list that under this section.
8. Choose your preferred posting area: You should choose your first choice, second and third. These are the areas where GES will consider posting you if your application is successful.
9. Provide your NSS number: If you have done the Licensure Exams, then type in the NSS code you were given upon completion.
10. Submit the form: Confirm whether you have entered the correct details. If yes, then click on the “Submit” button.
If your application was a success, you should see a pop-up message telling you so.
Ghana Education Service recruitment of non-teaching staff
The GES agency is also recruiting non-teaching staff to fill vacancies in the newly created regions. The following vacancies are available:
- School health education programme coordinator
- Special education coordinator
- Guidance and counselling coordinator
- Science technology mathematics innovation education coordinator
- Technical, vocational education and training coordinator
- Second cycle coordinator
- Basic school coordinator
- Early childhood coordinator
- Girl child coordinator
- Sports coordinator
- Culture coordinator
- Educational management information system officer
- Human resource manager
- Budget officer
- Planning officer
- Training officer
- Supply officer
- Public relations officer
You should fulfil the following prerequisites:
- Be a graduate professional teacher.
- If not, you should be experienced with school administration.
- Having a second degree is an added advantage.
- You must have satisfactory work experience.
Use the following steps:
- Acquire application copies from the municipal or district officers.
- Fill in the forms.
- Attach the needed certificates.
- Attach a passport in all four forms.
- Support your application with your head's appropriate staff performance appraisal form.
- You will need photocopies of your confidential report, current payslip, and your recent promotion letter.
Make sure you submit your application with all the needed documents to your regional director by October 4th this year.
In case you have any questions or you experience technical difficulties, reach out to the GES support team via the following details:
- Toll-free help-line: 0800-900-101
- Send us a quick message on Facebook: @GES.GOV.GH
The above are the available Ghana Education Service recruitment vacancies. Use the procedures stated in each category to apply.
Through the portal, new and continuing learners can now inquire, register, pay fees, and access all vital information concerning their academics. UEW scholars can now achieve their academic goals from the comfort of their homes.
Source: Yen Ghana