Musicians are the most popular when it comes to music business but their managers are also very instrumental when it comes to music business. A musician can compose and sing but without the artist manager, the business aspect of their efforts will not yield fruit.
Artiste manager are the ones who often broke the deals and bring by all the connects so that the artist and the entire team can make some cash.
In this list, Yen.com.gh reveals the identity of 6 most hardworking artiste managers of 2018.
1. Blakk Cedi is the manager of Ghanaian Reggae Dancehall artiste Stonebwoy.
Real name Mohammed Sidi, he began as a friend of Stonebwoy when the artist was under High Grade Family. After Stonebwoy left Samini’s camp, Blakk Cedi became his road manager. After working on the road with Stonebwoy for a while, he was made the official manager of Stonebwoy. Sidi hails from Ashaiman just like Stonebwoy thus have been around the artiste for a long time now. Blakk Cedi have worked hard this year especially going on the Epistles of Mama tour. His hard work paid off when he was adjudged Artist Manager of the year 2018 by the Ghana Naija Showbiz Awards.
2. Ohene Faruku is the manager of Ghanaian afrobeat artiste King Promise.
Real name Gervin Ohene Addo, Ohene Faruku as he is popularly called has been around for a long time. Often seen in company of R2Bees, Faruku has rose from being a friend of celebrities to manager of King Promise and CEO of Legacy Life Entertainment. Even though King Promise has not really been around for a long time, Ohene Faruku has worked hard to make him a household name in Ghana now. His hard work gave opportunity to King Promise to have Nigerian superstar Wizkid featured on a single titled Tokyo.
3. Bullet is the manager of Ghanaian afrobeats songstress Wendy Shay.
Real name Ricky Nana Agyeman, Bullet rose up the ladder as a solo artist then later joined Akhan to form the group Ruff n Smooth. After successfully producing hit music, Bullet and Akhan went their separate ways in a silent break up. Not long, Bullet took to managing the late Ghanaian musician Ebony. After the demise of Ebony, Bullet is currently managing Wendy Shay. Wendy Shay is just a year older on the Ghanaian music scene but Bullet have made her a household artist, thus her songs are all over the place. Wendy Shay is one of the artists playing a lot of gigs this Christmas.
4. Kuame Eugene – Richie Mensah is a household name when it comes to the Ghanaian music industry. Before going into artiste management, Richie was a full time musician and music producer. After going quiet for some time, Richie got back on the scene as manager of Kuame Eugene. No doubt Richie is putting in a lot of work because together with Kuame Eugene is Kidi and MzVee under his management. Richie’s hard work can be determined by the waves three of his artistes are making.
5. Shatta Wale – Julio Cyrianno Olympio
Julio may not be known much within the music circle but definitely something must have triggered Zylofon music to appoint Julio as manager of their artiste Shatta Wale. No doubt Julio worked hard this year because Shatta Wale successfully launched his Reign Album and continued to have a successful tour in Europe.
6. Sarkodie – Angel Town is the manager of Ghanaian Hiplife/Hippop artist Sarkodie.
Angel Town has been a close ally for Sarkodie since his early music days. Angel Town Baby was initially a close friend of Sarkodie and then later became road manager. After working with Sarkodie and under different managers, Angel Town Baby has now been made the manager of Sarkodie. Even though Sarkodie did not release an album this year, Angel Town worked so hard with his artist to release some hit singles; among them is the much talked about Can’t Let You Go video featuring Sarkodie and his wife Tracy.
Watch: Ghana News Today: Sad Story of How Woman Lost Baby at Gov't Hospital In Kumasi | #Yencomgh