- Veteran comic actor Abusuapanin Judas has denied rumours that his bosom friend and acting partner Bob Santo died from cocaine-related complications
- Santo died 17 years ago after being hospitalised in Kumasi for weeks over an ailment
- The news of his death generated rumours of him swallowing cocaine to take abroad
- But in his most recent interview, Judas has explained that Santo fell sick in Europe during one of their tours
- A doctor in Germany diagnosed Santo of jaundice and adviced them to bring him home
Late veteran actor Bob Santo did not die of cocaine-related complications as Ghanaians have known for some time now, his bosom friend and screen partner Abusuapanin Judas has revealed.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
According to Judas who is currently domiciled in the United States (US), Santo died from complications of jaundice and not cocaine.
PAY ATTENTION: Your favourite news website, YEN.com.gh, has been nominated for online portal of the year by the National Communications Awards. Please click here to vote to help us win
Veteran actor Santo, known privately John Evans Bosompem, died on May 30, 2002, at the West End Clinic in Kumasi.
His death followed weeks of the diminutive actor being admitted at the hospital.
Following the news of his death, rumours went viral that Santo had died after swallowing pellets of cocaine which burst in his stomach.
But after over 17 years of his friend's death, Judas has rubbished the rumours of Santo dying because of cocaine.
READ ALSO: Popular Junka Town actor Abele Wabedem dies
According to the veteran actor, Santo fell sick in Germany during their tour of Europe at the time. They had been in Europe for about two months when Santo fell ill.
After Santo was taken to a hospital in Germany, the doctor stated that sickness had eaten so deep and would be better for him to be taken home.
When they brought Santo home, he spent about two months in a hospital before he eventually passed away.
Speaking further, Judas wondered how cocaine pellets could have remained in his tummy for that long.
Earlier, YEN.com.gh reported that Judas has decried neglect from Osei Kwame Despite after he helped in establishing Peace FM.
According to him, he even suggested the name of the radio station which is now one of Ghana’s popular FM stations.
Faces of Ghana: Meet the Ghana Police Officer who helps the poor and needy| #Yencomgh:
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page