- The fetish priest who allegedly directed the Kasoa young murderers to kill their friend has been caught
- He was caught in a town near Suhum, in the Eastern Region on Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- The juju man has been handed over to the CID Headquarters for the continuation of the case
- It is alleged that he asked them to bring some body parts of the deceased, in addition to a 5,000 cash to make them rich
- The two young boys who killed their friend for the money rituals have been remanded in police custody
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The fetish priest, commonly called juju man, responsible for the killing of the 10-year-old boy in Kasoa has been grabbed.
He was reportedly arrested at Amanase near Suhum, in the Eastern Region.
A source at the Central Region police confirmed this in a Whatsapp message to an Adom FM reporter, according to a report sighted by YEN.com.gh on Adomonline.com.
The suspect, according to the source, has been handed over to the CID Headquarters in Accra for questioning.
DSP Irene Oppong, Central Regional Police PRO, confirmed this and explained that the scene of the crime where the boy was murdered falls under the Ga West Municipal Assembly, hence, the handing over to CID headquarters for continuation.
Meanwhile, the boys have been remanded into police custody for two weeks.
They had lured their friend, 10-year-old Ishmael Mensah, into an uncompleted house and clubbed him to death.
They were allegedly promised by a fetish priest that if they brought specified body parts and a sum of 5,000 cedis, he would help them to get rich.
The mother of the 10-year-old horrifically murdered, Sahadatu Abdallah, is demanding justice for her son.
Struggling to come to terms with her loss, the bereaved mother of Ishmael Mensah charged authorities to ensure that the killers of her son face the full rigours of the law.
Describing Mensah as “cool, calm, sociable and obedient,” Sahadatu told Accra-based Asaase Radio that her deceased son had a “cordially beautiful” relationship with his alleged killers.
Enjoy reading our stories?
Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!