- Oheneba Nkrabea who was refused admission at the Achimota School has finally been admitted into the institution on Thursday, June 3, 2021
- It has been confirmed that Oheneba reported to the school and completed the admission process on Thursday, June 3, 2021
- Oheneba has begun academic work as he has been assigned a class
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Oheneba Nkrabea, one of the two Rastafarian boys with dreadlocks who was refused admission at the Achimota School has finally been admitted into the institution on Thursday, June 3, 2021.
According to a Citi News report, after a visit to the school on Thursday, June 3, 2021, it was confirmed that Oheneba reported to the school and completed the admission process.
The acceptance of Oheneba follows an Accra High Court ruling ordering the management of the school to admit both Oheneba Nkrabea and Tyrone Marhguy.
The report noted that the parents of Oheneba arrived at the school early in the morning and submitted the completed admission forms to the school authorities.
Oheneba has begun academic work as he has been assigned a class.
Oheneba’s father, Raswad Nkrabea said the school was very receptive to him and the process was not tiresome.
“The process was wonderful. The school was receptive to him. The teachers and other staff members were very positive, and so he is in class right now. I appreciate that very much,” h e said .
His mother, Maanaa Myers, on the other hand, said she is happy with the welcome her son received today.
“I just got relieved and felt comfortable that he was safe because we met a teacher who has been protective of him since the first day. So far I feel okay with the warm reception we received today.”, the mother said..
Meanwhile, the other Rastafarian boy, Tyrone Marhguy, is yet to go through the admission process.
Tyrone Marhguy will go through the admission process tomorrow.
In a related development, the Achimota School backed down on its decision to halt the court order instructing them to admit the two Rastafarian boys.
In a statement on Tuesday, June 1, 2021, the school board announced that it had directed its lawyers to appeal against the ruling of the High Court.
However, the board has rescinded its decision in a new letter dated June 2, 2021.
Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major breaking news .