The Chinese government scholarship online application is an easy process. The scholarship is for the sole purpose of promoting education, culture, and trade between China and other countries. The Chinese Government offers full scholarship every year to non-Chinese citizens who have the zeal and urge to study a number of disciplines at different prestigious Chinese universities. The Chinese Government Scholarship offers support to international students in order to pursue their education at different levels including bachelors, Ph.D., masters and other non -degree studies. The scholarship covers a number of things like accommodation, tuition, medical insurance a living stipend; to mention but a few. You only need to fill the Chinese government scholarship online application form correctly and wait for the feedback.
Because of the exciting culture that China boasts of, it has become one of the best study abroad destinations that every international student yearns to be part of. There are several reasons to study in China that have been mentioned below.
- Affordability is one of the reasons you ought to consider studying in China. Studying abroad is in most cases very expensive. However, studying and living in China is cheaper than studying and living in other European countries. For instance, a subway ticket in Beijing goes for only thirty cents while you only pay fifty cents for bus fare.
- Employment advantage is the other undeniable significance of studying in China. In terms of economics, China has been the world’s fastest growing country for the past years. The country has been able to maintain its economic growth even when other countries are going through financial crises. Therefore, if you can speak Chinese and has an experience of living in China, finding a good job is definitely going to be a smooth sail.
- The quality of education in China is commendable. China is working on Building several world-class universities that will nature young talents and mold students into productive adults in the future. Aside from the Chinese language, martial arts, and other cultural subjects, Chinese degree programs boast of units like Medicine, Economics, Science, MBA, Trade, Finance and many more that are highly revered. Most importantly, the academic qualifications awarded by different Chinese Universities, are highly recognized in many developed countries.
- Travel and exploration is the other reason you need to find out about the China government scholarship application process. When you study in China, you get an opportunity to explore the world’s most populous country. China has a lot to offer in terms of culture, bustling nightlife and many more adventurous activities.
Eligibility for Chinese Government scholarship program
In order to be eligible for the China government scholarship online application 2018, applicants must:
- Be a citizen any other country that is not China and also, in good health.
- When applying for undergraduate programs, one should not only be under the age of twenty-five but also a high school graduate.
- When applying for master’s program, one should be a bachelor’s degree holder and under thirty-five years of age.
- For those applying for the doctoral programs, you ought to be under the age of forty and be a master’s holder.
- When applying for general scholar program, you should be under forty-five years of age and must have completed two years of undergraduate study.
- For those applying for senior scholar programs, one should not only be under fifty years of age but also boat of a master’s degree or an associate professor.
Application requirements for Chinese Government scholarship program
The Chinese government scholarship online application deadline for 2018/2019 should be no later than April 1st, 2018. So, you can't apply this year. However, you can use this information next year to be prepared beforehand. In order for you to qualify as a student in your targeted Chinese university when applying using china government scholarship online application, you need to ensure that you have all the requirements. Mentioned below are some of the requirements for Chinese government scholarship online apply.
- First and foremost, you need to have the application form for Chinese Government Scholarship written in Chinese or In English.
- If you are a prospective diploma winner, it is prudent that you submit your official proof of student status by your current school. It is advised that documents that are in languages other than English or Chinese are attached with notarized English or Chinese translations.
- Academic transcripts are that are in languages other than English or Chinese should be attached with notarized English or Chinese translations.
- A Research Proposal or study plan in English or Chinese. (800 words for post graduates, 500 words for non-degree students and 200 words for undergraduates).
- Applicants for both senior scholar programs and graduate programs are required to submit two recommendation letters either in Chinese or English from an associate professor or any professor.
- For Music Studies applicants, they are required to submit their original works. For Fine Arts applicants, they are required to submit their original works inclusive of two sketches, two color paintings and two other work of their own choice.
- For the applicants planning to stay in China for more than six months, it is mandatory that you submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form in English. The applicant should keep the original document. The form could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org. You should keep in mind that the physical examination ought to cover all the items that have been listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. In case you submit incomplete records, your application will be invalid.
- The two documents that you should submit only if applicable include Language qualification certificate and Preadmission letter from Chinese Government Scholarship Universities.
- Due to the fact that some universities have their own online application systems besides Chinese government scholarship system online registration, it is prudent that you also fill out online admission form for your prospective Chinese University if it is required. Once you are done with the application, it is advised that you take the copy of the university application form and attach it to your Chinese government scholarship online application form document package.
- You also need to attach a passport copy and an acceptance letter that should be issued to you by a Chinese University Professor where you want to take your admission. An acceptance letter is an optional requirement, and you could skip it.You should then attach all the mentioned documents with your printed Chinese Government Scholarship form and send it to your Chinese University of choice. You should not forget to make two sets of the mentioned documents.
China Universities admitting Chinese Government scholarship students
There are a total of 279 designated Chinese Universities that offer a range of academic programs for scholarship qualifiers at all levels. Students only need to find the right Chinese government scholarship form download, and everything else will fall into place. Some of the courses offered by these universities include Engineering , Agriculture, Law, Medicine, Economics, Education, Liberal Arts, Philosophy, History, Management and many more. Mentioned below are some of those universities.
- Anhui Agricultural University
- Anhui Medical University
- Anhui Normal University
- Beihua University
- Beijing Film Academy
- Beijing Foreign Studies University
- Beijing Forestry University
- Anshan Normal University Liaoning China
- Bohai University
- Capital Institute of Physical Education
- Chanchun University
- China Foreign Affairs University
- China Three Gorges University
- China University of Petroleum
- China Youth University Of Political Studies
List of scholarships that fall under Chinese Government scholarship
Here is a list of scholarships that fall under the Chinese Government Scholarship scheme that applicants could benefit from.
- WMO Program: This program only supports undergraduates and graduates. It is a partial scholarship that caters for tuition fee, accommodation, and comprehensive medical insurance.Students are sponsored to study meteorology, water resources supervision and management and hydrology.
- PIF Program: This program only supports deserving students from Pacific Island Countries to study in China. Applicants are required to apply to Pacific Islands Forum. It majorly supports undergraduates, general scholars, graduates and senior scholars.
- AUN Program: This program only supports graduates and applicants who applied through the AUN Secretariat. It is a full scholarship for the ASEAN University Network AUN.
- EU Program: It is a full scholarship program that has a sole purpose of encouraging students from EU member countries to study in China so as to promote the relationship between EU members and China. Applicants are required to apply to the Officer for Education and Culture, Mission of P.R China to the European Union. It majorly supports senior scholars, general scholars. Graduate students and undergraduate students.
- Great Wall Program: It is a full scholarship program for the United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization abbreviated as UNESCO. Applicants are required to apply to the designated Chinese Universities that undertake this program.
- Chinese University Program: This program only supports graduate students. Applicants are supposed to apply to the designated Chinese Universities taking part in this program.
- Bilateral Program: This program supports undergraduate students, general scholars, graduate students and senior scholars. Applicants are required to apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of their countries.