Legon is the largest premier university in Ghana. It was founded in 1948 to promote and provide learning research in university education. It has helped numerous students in attaining tertiary education. Over time, it has developed its facilities hence attracting many students from all parts of the country.
Legon mission is to become a world-class research-intensive university over the next decade. To achieve this, it has established numerous medical research institutes. It is the leading university in Ghana with a population of over 38,000 students. Most Ghanaian students are thrilled whenever they get a chance to attend the institution.
How to check Legon admission list
Legon University management usually releases the names of the successful applicant for a specific session. The list contains names of those students who have been offered a provisional admission post in the institution. The list was released after a thorough screening exercise was conducted.
After the list has been compiled, it is usually posted online so that applicants can know their fate. Follow the following procedure to check Legon admission status
- Ensure you are connected to the internet and log in to a browser.
- Search for Legon admission portal page .
- On the field provided fill in your Voucher Serial Number and Voucher Pin Number.
- Confirm you have typed the correct information.
- Click on the ‘login’ button to access the sautés of your admission
- If your application has been accepted, proceed to print the admission letter.
The University of Ghana admission letter
It is a document that indicates one has officially been offered a chance to study in the institution. Moreover, it contains more details about the school like the faculty, department, and degree program a learner intends to pursue.
Besides, it includes the dates one should report and the duration the entire course is likely to take. Everything you need to know about admission is in the letter. More importantly, if a student would like to apply for grants or seek aid to pay the university fee, the admission letter will be required. This is because the one offering help would like to confirm if the student has qualified to join the college.
Cut off points for Legon
If your admission status were not favorable, the most likely reason is that you did not meet the university cut off marks. That is why one is encouraged to find out information about the cut off marks on the course they are applying to pursue.
If one has met the cut off mark, then there is no reason to be denied them a chance to study in the college. The cut mark differs depending on the course you are pursuing. Subsequently, the Bachelor of Science cut mark is different from the Bachelor of Arts cut mark.
Moreover, chances in some courses are given to students who applied them as the first choice. To find out more about the specific cut point for a given course, log in to the university website.
University of Ghana Legon courses
What are courses offered in Legon is a common question. There are numerous Legon courses and are classified under different schools in the institution. Some of them are:
College of Health Sciences
- Biomedical and Allied Health Sciences
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Public Health
- Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
College of Humanities
- Language Centre
- Business School
- Centre for Gender Studies and Advocacy
- Centre for Social Policy Studies
- School of Performing Arts
- School of Law
- School of Social Sciences
- Centre for Migration Studies
- Institute Statistical, Social and Economic Research
College of Education
- School of Continuing and Distance Education
- School of Information Communications Studies
- School of Education and Leadership
College of Basic and Applied Sciences
It has the following schools:
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Biology Sciences
- Cell Biology and Infectious Pathogens
- Engineering Sciences
- Climate Change and Sustainability Studies
- Crop Improvement
- Veterinary Medicine
- Environment and Sanitation Studies
University of Ghana Legon fees
How much does it cost to study in Ghana is an often asked question. Well, the fee differs by the type, of course, you are enrolling, the program you are joining, and whether one is Ghanaian or an international student. Fee payment is vital in the registration process. Students are required to make payment of the minimum amount before being granted permission for residential and academic registration.
When paying the fees, a student should consider the following:
- To pay the fees on Ghanaian approved banks. The list of approved banks is on the university website.
- After depositing the cash, they should be given a fee deposit slip.
- Ensure the student names and the index number is indicated on the slip correctly.
- Make sure the quoted amount is the right one as per the payments you have made.
- Make payment to the University of Ghana’s Account.
For international students, they can make payments through MasterCard, Visa Card, or mobile money. Fees can also be paid in terms of the cheque presented at the University of Ghana Cash Office.
The university has a right to change the prices without informing the learners. Moreover, fee changes have to be approved by the institution’s governing council.
What stands out in Legon University?
The University of Ghana stands out from other institutions by owning the Legon botanical gardens. The garden is managed by the Department of Botany and Mulch Company. It is a place where people visit so that they can conference with nature.
Moreover, it provides an outdoor play space for people of different ages to enjoy nature. It is usually opened from 08.00 to 17.00 during weekdays and 08.00 to 18.00 during the weekend and public holidays. The facility is generally closed on Mondays and Sundays.
Legon is a remarkable institution to pursue higher learning in Ghana. It offers a wide range of courses under manageable programs. Moreover, intake is open to both local and international students. Those who apply to join can check if their application was accepted online.