Have you finally made up your mind to settle down with the love of your life, and your big day is just around the corner? How are the plans coming along, and is everything falling into place? Well, I am sure the wedding planning is exciting and at the same time draining your strength with so much to do within limited time. However, the joy of finally saying “I do” to him or her is worth every effort. With that said, have you jotted down and prepared some sweet wedding vows to make him cry on the big day.
They say that change is inevitable, and true to this, wedding vows have evolved with time. At some point, one could only embrace traditional wedding vows, but lately, most people are embracing the art of writing their own wedding vows. The joy that comes with reciting commitment ceremony vows that are straight from the heart to your better half cannot be compared with traditional vows. However, both ways are encouraged, and so, go with what makes your heart tickle.
How to prepare when writing your personalized vows
Interesting to note, coming up with your personalized vows is no walk in the park. It requires familiarity with the art of doing so! But no need to worry as we got your back. Here are exciting tips on how to prepare when writing your personalized vows.
1. Set a structure
You and your better half must decide on the structure of your vows in terms of the length and similarity of your vows. In the instance that you choose to jot them down separately, decide if showing them to one another before the big day is something that you will do.
2. Carry out research on the vow styles
There are various vow styles available for couples. You can choose to go the traditional way. Another option is drawing inspiration from reading books and poems, listening to songs, or even watching movies together. Pen down phrases that bring out your emotions and love for each other.
3. Take a look into your relationship journey
Every couple’s journey is different, and this is why you should have some alone time and reminiscence on your love journey. Pen down anecdotes that have brought you two closer. Also, think of the life promises that you want to make to each other and how you desire your marriage to be! However, remember to keep the anecdotes short and sweet!
4. Describe the tone
Have an agreement on the tone which you want to bring out when reciting your vows to each other. If both of you enjoy humor, then you can choose a humorous tone. There is also the emotional tone for couples that wish to pour their hearts out! What is crucial is that the wedding vows are straight from the heart and true. Avoid making the vows too personal as your guests may fail to relate.
Sweet romantic wedding vows to make him cry
- Any beautiful couple wants to culminate their love by expressing it the best way possible, and what better way to do this than tell them how much you love them! In most cases, this will result in a happy cry during the ceremony. Here are wedding vows examples for you.
- My love, I want to be your lover, your companion and your best friend for the rest of my life. I promise to love and cherish you, to keep you close and, with faithfulness, to be your support and help in times of need, to make you laugh and to hold you when you cry and to always show you the respect and honor you so deserve until I close my eyes in this world.
- I promise to be your best friend and partner for life. I will be here when you need someone to talk to or listen to. I also pledge to respect and cherish your being unique, to strengthen you when you’re in sorrow. I promise to share with you my hopes, thoughts, and dreams as we grow and build our lives together.
- I believe in you, the person you will grow to be, and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you as my wife, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths as you do mine. You are my person, my love and my life, today and always.
- I promise to love you, unconditionally. That is without reservation. I promise to comfort you in times of trouble and distress. I will be here with you encouraging you to achieve your goals. To laugh with you and cry with you. I pledge to grow with you in spirit and in mind. I promise to be more open and honest with you. I will cherish you, for as long as I live
- I promise I'll do everything possible to always keep you smiling, fill our lives with as much laughter and joy as possible, and with as little sadness as possible. I promise to spend my days making every effort to deserve you.
- I promise to be your best friend, consoler, and adviser. And finally, I pledge to you myself and all my love.
- You are mine. My puzzle piece. Even after just meeting you, I felt like I'd known you my whole life, and now I get to know you forever, as your husband and your best friend. I've never laughed so hard, smiled so much, and felt so confident with you by my side. As your wife, I promise to be by your side until I take my last breath.
- Your love is the kind that is not easily won, but once it is, it is the most generous of all.
- With this ring, I will give you my promise. From this day on, I will offer you all my love, so you won’t walk alone my love. The trust that you give me is my strength. Let my heart provide you shelter and consider my arms as your home.
- I take you as my husband. In equal love. You’re my mirror for my true self. As my partner on my path, I will honor and cherish you. In sorrow and in joy
- This day, I join my life to yours, not merely as your wife, but as your friend, your lover, and your confidant. Let me be the shoulder you lean on, the rock on which you rest, the companion of your life.
I am proud to take you as my husband. You helped me to be the person that I am today. With your love and trust, I know I will be a better person tomorrow than I am today.
Wedding vows for him
The vow quotes sampled here will melt your heart and that of your significant other.
- I love you because you make me proud. Because you are adventurous and happy. With this ring, I vow to trust and value your belief. I will stand by your actions. I’m excited to grow old with you gracefully, together, as always.
- Millions of people around the world spend a lot of their time finding that one special person to be called their true love. Some are lucky to find the person they want to call as their significant other while others spend the rest of their lives looking for that true love but never finding it. But for me, I am glad I found you!
- My love, I knew the first moment that I laid my eyes on you that you were the one for me and we were meant to be together, forever. You have become my lover, my companion, and my best friend, for eternity.
- I take you to be my wife. I know that by agreeing to this marriage, you will be my constant friend, companion and faithful partner in the remaining years of my life. You will be my one true love, I promise you that.
- I vow to listen to your words and heartbeat. I vow to be your unrelenting cheer squad on the days it feels too much, and I vow that I will love you.
- My one true love, we are finally here, standing face to face in front of our family and friends to make lifetime promises to each other. As we start a life together, I promise to love you forever and be faithful. All those days left to me, I promise to spend them with you, loving you.
A wedding is one of the most emotional days for a couple, and this is why we have prepared for you amazing wedding vows to make him cry. You will be able to express your love for your better half in ways untold and make memories on your big day.
READ ALSO: Romantic love and trust messages