It is a fact that obtaining a visa is usually an uphill task, depending on the nature of your travel to a foreign country. The process is complicated further by the fact that it involves long processes that are tiring but still worth the trouble. The Canada visa application Ghana is not any different, but when you know what's required is so much easier.
With a proper guide, even the most daunting tasks get easier. This piece aims to make it simpler for you by familiarizing you with the application process and some critical areas in the application for the visa. Get started today and be on your way to getting that Canadian visa.
Canada visa application Ghana
The Canadian visa comes in several forms depending on the purpose of your travel to the country. The permits might be given for study, work, and even for a temporary stay in the country.
The student visa
The student visa is the permit required by the students going to study in Canada. Learning institutions in Canada are one of the most renowned institutions in the world.
Requirements for the student visa
To get the Canadian student visa, you must have the following:
- An acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
- A valid travelling passport or any other relevant travelling document required
- A medical certificate from a certified medical practitioner
Aside from that, you may also have the task to prove that:
- You can financially support your stay in Canada, your tuition, and the return transportation fee through provable bank statements in Canadian Dollars.
- You are of good conduct without prior violations of the law and are not a risk to the security of Canadians. A police certificate may have to be presented to prove this.
READ ALSO: Canada Visa Lottery: How to Apply?
The Canada visa application form can be filled physically and online. When applying on paper, you should pick the application form at the nearest Canada visa application centre Ghana. If you decide to fill it online, you can download and print the letters from the Canadian website. Use the following process:
- Get the application package.
- Find the documents that you will need to apply.
- Fill in the form carefully and thoroughly. (Incomplete packages and documents will be returned to the owners, so do this with a lot of care)
- Pay your application fees, this may include service fees if the papers were picked at an application centre. (Most of the fees are paid in Canadian dollars.)
- Submit your application.
The process of applying online is not different. However, you must have access to a scanner or a digital camera to produce the electronic copies of the required documents, and a valid credit card to pay for the fees.
The fees that ought to be paid for the student visa is 150 Canadian Dollars, that is paid to Canada visa application centre Ghana. If the visa is applied physically, there might be an extra payment of 31 CAD as the visa service fee.
What happens after the application is submitted?
After submitting the application, you are required to regularly check your emails for updates on your application process. You can also track the status of your permit via the VFS Ghana global offices or through the tracking page on their website. VFS global is exclusive to the Canadian government and is the body in charge of helping Canadian Visa applicants in Ghana.
You should apply for the study permit 4 to 6 months prior to the beginning of the course of study. After applying, you may also have to wait for up to 140 days to receive the study permit. For more detailed information, you can visit the VFS Canada Ghana website.
The temporary resident Canada visa application in Ghana
This is the visa that it is given to temporary residents i.e., tourists. The Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) can be applied for online or even physically at the nearest Canada visa agent in Ghana. The requirements are more or less the same as those for the student visa because for you to apply online, you must have access to a scanner or a digital camera and a valid credit card.
When filling the Canada visa application form Ghana on paper, an instruction guide is given by the Canada Embassy in Ghana. You will obtain all the necessary information on how to fill the application form on paper on the guide. The temporary visa instruction guide can also be obtained from the official Canadian government website. After reading the guide, you can start preparing your application package, from which the local visa agent will give you instructions.
To complete your application successfully, make sure you follow the steps outlined below:
- Click the Validate button at the top or bottom of the form. This ensures all questions are answered before printing and helps to avoid delays in the processing of your application.
- Print the forms, sign and write the dates. Best packages are achieved when printed with a non-glossy paper and with laser printing.
- Place the bar code page on top of each application form. Separate bar codes are placed on every form if you have more than one package.
- Also, include your application fee and then submit.
Some of the forms required for a temporary resident visa include the:
- VAC Consent form.
- Family Information Form (IMM 5645)
- Visitor Form 5257(NOTE: All information here must match exactly with what is in your passport that is, name, birth date, passport number)
The application fee for the visa in Ghana is about 100 Canadian Dollars. This covers all costs, including the handling of the applications, photographs, and all the other requirements. For more detailed information, you can visit the VFC Global website.
READ ALSO: Canada Visa Lottery: How to Apply?
The Canadian work visa
Applying for the Canadian work visa is no different from the rest as it can also be done online or through a Canada visa application form free download. When applying for this Canada visa physically, the following instructions have to be followed:
- Get the right documents - You must specifically obtain the documents showing the type of work permit you are applying for. Documents that prove that you meet the minimum standards of the work will also be required.
- Get the application package - This contains instruction guides on how to fill in the forms and which ones to submit in order to obtain your work permit. They can be obtained from any Canadian visa application centre in Ghana.
- Pay the application fees - This is paid to the agents in either the Canadian Dollar currency or the Ghana local currency.
- Submit your application after ensuring you have filled in the form accurately (inaccuracy or mistakes might cause delays in processing the visa) to the nearest visa application centre in Ghana.
The fees for obtaining the work permit to Canada are around 100 Canadian Dollars maximum fee and 155 Canadian Dollars, including extensions.
As you can see, the Canada visa application process is not all that hard, although it might prove to be a very lengthy one. When you apply for the visa using the paper method, it might take up to 6 months for the visa to be processed. When you apply for the visa online, the maximum time used is about three months as it takes out all the paperwork hence easing the process.
The visa can also be applied for at the Canadian Embassy Ghana. The embassy also handles all the questions and doubts the applicants have concerning how to pay for the fees, and how to fill in the forms for applying for the different visa types. The Embassy also helps protect the Ghanaians from fraudulent activities that the applicants might get entangled in during the application process. The Canadian Embassy is located in Accra, Ghana.
The Canada visa application Ghana process is an easy one, and if you want to get your visa on time, you'd better start early.