Going to the dentist is vital for teeth hygiene. With the various dental clinics in Accra, one does not have to worry as there is always a specialist to take care of their needs. A dental clinic is capable of handling a person's dental needs, from teeth cleaning to teeth whitening under one roof. When looking to maintain good oral health, diagnosing mouth problem early enough is of utmost importance.
Dental clinics are also an asset that plays a significant role in helping the community with dental care. Below is a list of private hospitals in Accra, offering dentistry services with a difference to their clients.
1. Beaver Clinic Ltd
Located at airport residential area, Beaver Clinic Limited is a renowned dental clinic in Accra. What makes them to stand out from their competitors is their exceptional service. The clinic uses state-of-the-art equipment to restore people’s smiles. General dentistry from Beaver includes prosthodontics, endodontics, restorative, periodontal, preventive, and diagnostic. It is one of the most-sought-after dental clinics in Accra, and this has enabled its customer base to grow exponentially.
Below are some of the services they offer to their customers:
- Oral implants and surgery
- Lingual technique for the discerning adult patients
- Orthodontics with invisalign, and fixed appliances using Damon brackets
- Tooth whitening using laser light or home kits
- Cosmetic dentistry through non-surgical methods that include dermal fillers and Botox.
They are opened from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 6 pm, while on Saturdays; they work from 10.00 am to 3:00 pm. The clinic remains closed on Sundays. The clinic is located in Beaver House, Agostinho Neto Road, Airport Residential,Area, Accra, P.O. Box OS2778, Accra-Ghana. You can contact them through Tel: 030 2771785
2. Jacob Dental Center
Jacob dental center is a fully-fledged dental clinic, offering the best oral healthcare in Ghana. Its efficiency is backed up by a team of highly qualified staff. Above all, they use recent innovations in dental technology, to ensure patients get the type of treatment they deserve.
At Jacob’s children will be comfortable as there is a kid’s corner where they can stay peacefully. The staff working at this clinic also speaks a total of five languages that include Croatia, German, French, Arabic, and English.
Jacob Dental Centre location and contacts:
A&C Shopping Mall. Jungle Road, Christian Centre, East Legon, Accra Ghana
Tel: +233 (0) 302-982982
3. Jacob Dental Centre (Labone)
Jacob dental center is a dentistry clinic with a difference. Their team of high skilled staff use the most recent technology while executing their services. Like the main branch they also have staff eloquent in five languages such as German, English, Croatia, French, and Arabic.
Jacob Dental Centre (Labone) contacts and location:
Acolatse House, Hse. No.572/4, Nyaniba Estate, Near Red House
Opposite U.S.A Embassy, Labone, Accra, Ghana
READ ALSO: Dentist imprisoned 10 years for fraud
4. North Labone Dental Clinic
The dental clinic is found in Ghana. There mandate is to provide their patients with services that would help them lead healthier lives. The dental clinic focuses majorly on dentist activities.
North Labone Dental Clinic is located at No. F42/6, Labone Crescent, Accra, Ghana, and one can contact them through Tel: 0303775471
5. The Nyaho Clinic for dentistry
Founded in March 1970, the center is focused at providing top-notch medical care in Ghana. Their vision is “to be Africa’s most trusted name in healthcare.” It has also pursued all avenues possible in carrying top-rated medical and dental council. Nyaho clinic has been operational for all these years,
Its dentistry unit focuses on providing specialist care that majorly focuses on treatment, prevention, and diagnosis of disease and irregularities involving the gums, teeth, and other tissues in the mouth. The clinic operates from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Over the weekends, they are open only on Saturday from 9 am to 12 pm. They can be contacted through:
6. Life Medical and Dental Clinic
Located in Accra Ghana, life medical and dental clinic offers its customer with superior-quality services. It began its operation in 2008, and since then it has offered good services to patients who visited for treatment. Dentistry clinic is open from Monday to Saturday between 9 am to 8 pm. On Sunday, the clinic is open from 1pm to 6 pm.
Life Medical and Dental Clinic is located at the Entrance 1 Accra Mall, Tetteh Quarshire Interchange, Accra, Ghana and they can be contacted through Tel: +233202336061
7. Spaes Dental Clinic
The clinic is located Near Country Kitchen, Ring Estates, Osu, Accra Ghana, and their focus is on providing better dentistry services to clients. You can contact them through Tel: 0302223250
8.Charisma Dental Clinic
The clinic provides dentistry services to its clients. Its great services has attracted many customers to the clinic. Charisma Dental Clinic is located along Oxford Street, OSU, Accra, Ghana and they can be contacted through, Tel: 0302782431
9. Premier dental practice
The clinic is found in Tema, and offers dental care services to patients.
Physical location: Tema Central Mall Heavy Industrial Area, Tema, Ghana
10. Pro-Denticare Ltd
Its one of the best dental hospitals in Accra. It has its clients from different locations due to its great services.
Pro-Denticare Ltd is located at Onyasia Crescent, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana
11. Labadi road Dental Clinic
The facility deals with dentistry cases, and it provides quality services to its clients.
Physical location: Osu-Labadi Rd. Opp. Osu Police Station, Accra, Ghana
12. Bethel Dental Clinic
Bethel clinic is an all-inclusive dental facility that serves the residents of the West African region. It provides a variety of services that include root canal therapy, preventive dentistry, and periodontal therapy to its esteemed clients. Bethel clinic has pursued all avenues to ensure the needs of their customers are met promptly.
People working at the clinic are professionals and amalgamate dental technology, customer service, and the necessary skills to offer exceptional services. Recently, the clinic have taken their services a notch higher and introduced electronic health records, and laser dentistry, to meet the needs of their growing clientele base.
Bethel clinic values the health of their workers and patients. It maintains a strict cross-contamination, and sterilization procedures using standards that have been put up by the American Dental Association (ADA) Also they adhere to the safety rules put up by other organizations such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety, and Health Administration (OSHA, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
For the convenience and comfort of their customers, they provide:
- Kid’s play area
- Convenient office hours, including evening hours and early morning
- Waiting period at the front desk is less than five minutes
- Chilled bottled water
- A flat-screen TV in each room, with movies of a patient’s choice
Bethel Clinic is located at No. 48 Osu Badu Avenue, Dworzulu Accra
Phone: (233) 030 277 1155
Tips on how to whiten your teeth
Although visiting the dentist is vital, as they can judge better the condition of the teeth, there are also various simple methods that can help you keep your teeth healthy and strong.
Considering most people lead a healthy lifestyle, it is good to know there are multiple factors that make the teeth lose the white sparkle. The enamel-which is the outermost part of the tooth, is prone to stain from various types of food. Additionally, build-up of plaque is another reason the teeth look yellow. The following tips will help anyone who wishes to whiten their teeth naturally
- Brush teeth using baking soda - It is a favorite ingredient found in commercial toothpaste. Baking soda has a mild abrasive, that aid in scrubbing off stains on the surface of the teeth. Although the difference will not be noticeable overnight, the teeth will begin whitening as time goes by.
- Use oil pulling - It is a traditional Indian method that involves putting oil inside your mouth, to remove toxin and improve oral hygiene. Because of its multiple health benefits, and pleasant taste, coconut oil is the best choice.
- Apple cider vinegar - It has been used for centuries as a disinfectant. It also has a natural cleaning product. With acetic acid as one of the products in apple cider vinegar, all the bacteria inside the mouth will be killed effectively.
- Use hydrogen peroxide - It has a natural bleaching element. Individuals have used hydrogen peroxide from the past for disinfecting wounds, because of its ability to kill bacteria.
- Floss and brush your teeth - Although tooth discoloration could get worse as one grows older, the primary cause of yellow teeth is plaque build-up. Frequent flossing and brushing can make the teeth stay white for longer. Flossing removes the underlying bacteria, while toothpaste gently rubs away the stains off your teeth. Cleaning your teeth regularly will help them to stay white and healthy.
- You can also prevent tooth stains before they happen. It can be done by getting plenty of calcium in your diet, limiting staining beverage and foods, decrease the sugar in your food.
- A diet that is high in vegetables and fruits is suitable for both your teeth and body. Although they are not substitutes for not brushing teeth, crunchy raw vegetables and fruits help to rub plaque away. Strawberries and pineapples.
READ ALSO: How to make your teeth white at home fast
Not practicing tooth hygiene will eventually lead to dental caries. Dental caries is caused by bacteria, which end up destroying the tooth enamel.
Finding the best dental clinics in Accra will go a long way in ensuring your teeth get quality treatment.