Late Argentine striker Emiliano Sala was exposed to poison before his plane crashed

Late Argentine striker Emiliano Sala was exposed to poison before his plane crashed

- Emiliano Sala was exposed to carboxyhemoglobin before crashing into the English Channel early this year

- The Argentine forward was enroute his new club in a private jet before the ill-fated crash

- Sala became Cardiff City's record signing when he signed a deal with the then Premier League club

Late Argentine striker Emiliano Sala was said to have been exposed to flammable gas (carbon monoxide) before his plane crashed into the English Channel earlier this year.

The 28-year-old became Cardiff City's record signing after joining the then Premier League side in a deal worth £15 million from Nantes in January 2018.

He was enroute to his new club in a private jet with his pilot David Ibbotson before losing control of the aircraft - which eventually led to his untimely death,

However, after toxicology tests were carried out on his body, it was revealed that the late striker was exposed to a high level of CO (58%) - which could have caused seizure and unconsciousness or a heart attack according to BBC.

READ ALSO: Photo of lovely Accra Girls High School student with fine legs stirs reactions

"A COHb level of more than 50% in an otherwise healthy person is generally considered to be potentially fatal."

Sala family's lawyer Daniel Machover of Hickman & Rose solicitors said the report raised further questions.

"The family believe that a detailed technical examination of the plane is necessary.

"The family and the public need to know how the carbon monoxide was able to enter the cabin. Future air safety rests on knowing as much as possible on this issue."

It would be recalled that Mr Ibbotson's body has not been found seven months into his disappearance after the crash.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, according to Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) lead inspector Geraint Herbert.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases, it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

READ ALSO: Mom, dad and granddad graduate from same varsity together on same day

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."

BBC further reported that investigation into the crash is ongoing and may not be ready for publication until early 2020.

Wait a minute! Do you like to predict and win?

You have that opportunity now to place your bet in one of the fastest rising bookmakers in Nigeria - 1xbet

Click here to place your bet and get the chance to win big. Hurry now!

Meanwhile, a photo of an Accra Girls High School student captured in 1979 has surfaced on the internet and has since generated conversations about the fashion sense of Ghanaian females students 40 years ago. While the photo happens to be in black and white, the young lady still looks adorable after 40 long years.

Faces of Ghana: Meet the Innovative CEO of Salon on Wheels | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

READ ALSO: Black woman developed first home security system with TV surveillance in 1966

Have national and human interest issues to discuss?

Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen

Mailfire view pixel