Are you a Ghanaian who wishes to know what the German embassy Ghana is all about? How do you get a German visa? How do you book an appointment for a German visa in Ghana? What should you know about the requirements of having a German visa for a Ghanaian student who wishes to study in Germany?
German embassy Ghana is a diplomatic representation of the Federal Republic of Germany. It acts as an information centre for promoting German language and culture. Moreover, it plays an important role in bringing German technologies to the attention of technology centre board. It acts as a place of application of a German visa for Ghanaians and help in strengthening the relationship between Germany and Ghana.
READ ALSO: Passion Air Ghana contact, booking, office location, owner
German embassy Ghana contact
To book appointment German embassy Ghana, you can use the following contacts:
- Telephone: +233302211000/ +233302221311
- Fax: (+233)302221347
- German embassy Ghana email: email@example.com
- Website: accra.diplo.de
- Facebook: German Embassy Accra
- Twitter: GermanAmbGhana
German embassy Ghana address
No.6 Kenneth Kaunda Road (former Ridge Street)
P.O BOX 1757,
German embassy Ghana location
The embassy of German in Ghana’s location is No.6 Kenneth Kaunda Road (former Ridge Street).
German visa application requirements
These documents need to be completed before one is cleared to be in possession of a German visa by the German embassy Ghana. The requirements are as follows:
1. German embassy Ghana visa form
The person can generally start by filling up the visa form which they can download from the German embassy Ghana website. They are required to give accurate and detailed information explaining why they wish to travel to Germany. A hundred percent honesty is required when filling up the German embassy Ghana visa form. The information is to be written in capital letters to avoid straining by the embassy officials.
If an individual is visiting for the first time they are to present their visa application documents in person, at the German embassy Ghana after booking an appointment through the given contacts. A second time applicant, on the other hand, can scan the documents and send them via email.
A valid passport should be presented for a minimum of 6 months before the due date so as to be able to apply for a visa to Germany from Ghana.
3. Photo requirement
One is required to bring two photos depending on application forms requirement. The photos are to be according to given criteria as directed in the requirements.
4. Concerning accommodation
The individual should have good proof of a booked and paid accommodation which would be forwarded to the embassy consulate with their other submitted documents. In the occasion one is to stay with relatives or friend, copies of IDs passports and proof of them being able to support your stay is required.
5. Concerning transportation
Should have purchased return ticket within the panned time of your trip, whether by plane or other means.
6. Having health insurance
Having valid health and insurance covering the duration you will be visiting Germany is compulsory
A copy of your itinerary is required if you are visiting Germany mainly for tourism purposes.
8. Your bank status
One should have a formal document showing their financial situation for the last three months.
9. German embassy Ghana student visa
The embassy offers student visa for different study levels and degrees. These are undergraduate, graduate, exchange, postgraduate and participation in both pre-academic measure and non-academic German language course.
Types of German student visas one can apply for in Ghana
Here are some of Germany Visa's you can apply for.
1. German student visa
A standard student visa for international students who have been admitted at a German university and are ready to start their studies on university program full time
2. German student applicant visa
This is required valid only during the university application process, for a student needed to apply in person.
3. German language course visa
Needed for studying a German language course in Germany.
German embassy Ghana student visa requirement
- Have a filled out and signed a national visa application form
- Valid nation passport is required
- Two photocopies of your passport are required
- Should have your birth certificate
- An individual should have certificate of marriage (if applicable)
- Your child’s certificate of birth (if applicable)
- Have 3 recent styled photographs of yours
- Previous German visa is required
- Previous resident permit of Germany
- Have health insurance
- University entry qualification
- Certificate of German and English language proficiency
- Have copies of previous resident titles in Germany (if applicable)
- Proof of the student’s financial resources. For instance, a certificate of awarded scholarship showing the number of costs it covers and evidence of student’s parent’s assent and financial record and a commitment letter.
- Evidence of earlier education -Should have an original school leaving certificate or degree certificate if one is to start masters.
Steps on how to apply for German embassy Ghana student’s visa
- Locate the German embassy Ghana, and have information about the requirements from an office or you can visit their website and set up an appointment using their provided contacts.
- Ensure to review requirements and procedures. Visit students visa section and carefully, go through all document requirements and specifics for students.
- Set up visa appointment-to avoid all student visa interview slots being taken, make an appointment immediately you have understood the steps as outlined in their website.
- Have all your documents for visa application ready. Double check to make sure they are okay.
- Prepare for the visa interview. Pay your visa application fee ranging from 60 to 75 euros and have your payment confirmation at the interview.
German embassy Ghana small grants
As a way of enhancing charitable work, the embassy is involved in job creation through German embassy Ghana jobs by providing grants to small scale projects by the local Ghanaians. Their small grants project focus majorly on the less privileged in society. The projects are not in line with the current development cooperation’s plan. They are independent projects, monitored and funded from the initial stage to final completion.
- Grants allocation is not to exceed the equivalent of a total 10,000 euros.
- Beneficiaries are not in a position to claim right to further payments upon projects completion
- In order to apply one should visit and book appointment German embassy Ghana for proper guidance.
German embassy Ghana is changing lives. It is important to note that it is not only a Centre of information, but has also led to the improvement of living standards by offering the German embassy Ghana small grants that assist the less privileged to grow their businesses. It also helps students by providing the German embassy Ghana visa application forms to be filled by students who wish to acquire the German embassy Ghana student visa for their studies in Germany.
- NSS portal login, registration, enrollment
- UPSA student portal: login, admission, courses
- Premier Bet login, registration, app