- Often, friends like to inherent enemies of their friends as a sign of loyalty
- This notion is entrenched by a flawed mindset which ought to be dismantled
- YEN.com.gh takes a look at 6 reasons people should not inherit enemies of their friends
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The mindset that one’s enemy should be their friend’s enemy is a flawed paradigm which ought to be shattered from its foundation.
People with such mindset need a shift in their thought pattern because that idea is beyond flawed.
Often, people inherit enemies of their friends as a means of expressing and affirming their loyalty.
YEN.com.gh features reasons why inheriting your friend’s enemies is so wrong.
READ ALSO: Woman who sat for class exams at hospital after giving birth to beautiful girl passes with top scores
1. Because you’re not aware of what transpired in the first place between your best friend and his/her supposed enemy. What if the ‘enemy’ is right after all?
2. Probably your friend telling you to inherit his or her enemy is even guilty because who you are fighting might be innocent. At the end of the day, you may realize later that you’re fighting a meaningless fight.
3: Because even if your friend and the supposed enemy should settle their differences later, the enemy will always see you as an enemy. It’s therefore needed that you always hear from both sides before you go kill yourself with fighting innocent people.
What you should do instead is, let people prove themselves to you for who they are. Don’t just hear from someone that some other person is bad then you take it like that. Draw near to the person and verify if what you’ve heard about the person is true or not.
So, you have two choices when it comes to dealing with your friend’s enemies: you either bury the hatchet and play nice or carry on and don’t let it bother you.
4. Just know for a fact that if you go ahead inheriting other people’s enemies as a sign of loyalty, you’ll end up losing a lot of opportunities.
The bottom line is that it depends on the situation. There are times when we need to learn the lesson of who someone is from what we see someone else go through with them.
5. And there are other times that it is nothing more than a personality clash between them, that has nothing to do with the people involved being good or bad.
They just clash. I may not clash with them because my personality is different.
6. Sometimes it is that simple. We need to then be careful of taking sides in conflicts between friends or colleagues.
In other stories, YEN.com.gh previously reported that a beautiful couple has recently evoked endearing comments when they were videoed in a moment of powerful worship at their wedding ceremony.
The less than three-minute footage opens with the groom, identified only as Jenkins slowly going down on his knees to join his bride, who was on her knees worshiping.
Wedding attendees at the couple's nuptials could also be seen and heard singing along with the couple who seemed ‘Holy Spirit’ struck while on their knees.
READ ALSO: Top 11 Senior High Schools In Ghana Based On NSMQ Winnings in 20 years
Faces of Ghana: Ghana’s 1st Female Police Bemoans High Rate of Police Indiscipline | #Yencomgh
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.