Stephanie Okereke-Linus is a talented actress, filmmaker, and entrepreneur in Nigeria. She is also the executive director of Extended Hands Foundation, an NGO that is geared towards facilitating free treatment for girls and women with obstetric fistula.
Stephanie was one of the few invited and distinguished guests to grace the 2015 Queens Young Leaders Award. The ceremony was held in Buckingham Palace. She is also the owner of Del-York International, a top-notch media consultancy firm, which is an exclusive partner to the New York Film Academy in Nigeria.
- Full name: Stephanie Okereke-Linus
- Year of birth: October 2, 1982
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus age: 37 years
- Gender: Female
- Career: Actress, filmmaker, and entrepreneur
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Instagram: stephanielinus
Stephanie Okereke Linus biography
The actress was born on October 2, 1982, in Ngor Okpala in the heart of Imo State. She is the sixth child to her parents. She attended her primary and secondary education in Delta State and later joined the University of Calabar in Cross River State. The beauty holds a Bachelor’s degree in English & Literary Studies.
The beauty commenced her acting career at an early age after she completed her secondary school final examinations. She was active in singing on stage and taking part in dramas, debates, and performances while still in school.
Interesting to note, she is one of the tallest actresses in Nollywood, despite the fact that Stephanie Okereke-Linus height is not known. In 2002, she contested for the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria annual pageant and came in second place.
Her first appearance was in a movie known as Compromise. Her debut came after she featured in Compromise 2 and Waterloo. In 2006, she appeared in a Hollywood movie known as Boonville Redemption, and since then, her career in acting skyrocketed. In 2007, her passion and desire to stand apart from the rest saw her travel to New York Film Academy in Los Angeles.
She was able to study the art of movie directing, and upon graduating, she released her first movie known as Through the Glass in 2008, where she also featured as an actress. The movie has won the Recognition Award for the California Legislature & City of Carson.
Today, she has featured in more than 100 successful films. She has also directed and produced several movies. Here are some of Stephanie Okereke Linus movies:
- Compromise (1997)
- Waterloo (1997)
- Pretender (2002)
- Private Sin (2003)
- Emotional Crack (2003)
- Critical Decision (2004)
- Magic Moment (2004)
- Guys on the Line (2005)
- Omalinze (2005)
- Behind the Plot (2006)8
- Sitanda (2006)
- Through the Glass (2008)
- Hidden Treasure (2008)
- Nnenda (2009)
- Reloaded (2009)
- Dry (2014)
- Boonville Redemption (2016)
Awards and recognition
The actress has been recognized for her efforts to bring about change in society. Here are some of the notable awards:
- Best Actress at What a Year Awards 2003
- Best Actress (English) at Reel Awards 2003
- Best Actress of the Year at Reel Awards 2003
- Outstanding Actress at Afro-Dublin Awards 2004
- Award for Excellence at Film Makers of Nigeria 2004
- Best Actress at Afro Hollywood Award 2006
- Miriam Makeba Award for Excellence 2007
- Beyond the Tears Humanitarian Award 2008
- Member of Order of the Federal Republic 2011
- Movie with the Best Social Media at Best of Nollywood Awards 2015
- Best Protagonist at Bentonville Film Festival 2015
- Best Actress in Leading Role at NAFCA 2016
- Face of Nollywood (Female) at DALA Awards 2016
- Best Supporting Actress at Truth Awards 2017
- Distinguished Leadership Award by Dillard University 2018
Stephanie Okereke Linus husband is known as Linus Idahosa. He proposed to her in October 2010, and the lovely couple tied the knot in April 2012. They are parents to their son, Maxwell Enosata Linus. Her significant other is a respected and renowned media consultant and entrepreneur.
The beautiful actress was previously married to Chikelue Iloanusi, a former Super Eagles player. They wedded in 2004 and later went their separate ways after the marriage failed to work.
READ ALSO: Destiny Etiko bio: age, parents, net worth, boyfriend, photos
Stephanie Okereke Linus net worth
The actress has a net worth of $3.2, which is attributed to her acting career, film making, and entrepreneurial skills.
READ ALSO: Rita Daniels bio: age, birthday, daughter, net worth, latest news
Stephanie Okereke Linus is an actress whose tenacity and remarkable acting talent have earned her a rich reputation in Nollywood. She is not only recognized in Africa but also internationally, which makes her a highly sought-after actress.
READ ALSO: Kelvyn Boy bio: songs, age, net worth, Instagram, photos, girlfriend