Omotola Jelade Ekeinde is no new name in the streets of Nigeria. She is a prominent Nigerian actress, singer, and philanthropist. The beauty made her debut in 1995, which marked the beginning of her successful career. The actress has been in more than 300 movies. She has also received many awards which have seen her garner a huge fan base.
Apart from her remarkable career in the showbiz industry, she has been noted for her philanthropic acts. In 2013, she was honored as one of the most 100 influential personalities in Times magazine.
- Full name: Omotola Jelade Ekeinde
- Year of birth: February 7, 1978
- Omotola Jelade Ekeinde age: 42 years
- Gender: Female
- Career: Actress, singer, and philanthropist
- Instagram: realomosexy
Omotola Jelade Ekeinde biography
The actress was born on February 7, 1978, in Ondo State, and has two siblings. Her parents are known as Oluwashola Jalade and Oluwatoyin Jalade. She was raised in Lagos. She attended Chrisland School in Opebi and later moved to Oxford Children School for her primary education.
She then joined Santos Layout, Command Secondary School, and Kaduna for her secondary school education. Upon completion, she moved to Obafemi Awolowo University, but it wasn’t long before she moved to the Yaba University of Technology, where she majored in Estate Management.
The actress earned her recognition after she featured in the movie Mortal Inheritance. In the film, she portrayed the role of a woman who was battling the sickle-cell disease. As a result, she earned herself numerous awards such as Best Actress overall at the 1996/97 Thema Awards. Since then, she has continued to grace many movies and films. Here are some of Omotola Jelade Ekeinde movies:
- The Venom of Justice
- Blood Sisters
- When Love Dies
- Mortal Inheritance
- Alter Ego
- A Private Storm
- Games Women Play
- Last Flight to Abuja
- The Tribunal
- Under Fire
- Ties that Bind
- The Island
- Blood on the Lagoon
- Temple of Justice
- Up Creek a paddle
Awards and achievements
Her talent in acting has been recognized and appreciated for her great efforts in the industry. These include:
- Best Actress award at the City People Awards for Excellence in 1997.
- Best Actress and Grand Achiever award at the 2004 Global Excellence Recognition Awards.
- Best Individual and Symbol of Creativity award at the Civil Enlightenment Organization of Nigeria (CEON) in 2004.
- NUSEC Award for Best Actress in 2004.
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role award in the 1st Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) in 2005.
- Most Friendly Actress Award at the 2006 Youth Benefactor’s Awards.
- Best Actress – Africa Collaboration award at the Ghana Movie Awards in 2011.
- Eloy Award for Actress of the Year Ties That Bind in 2011.
- Screen Nation Award for Pan African Best Actress in 2011.
- Film Actress Icon award at the Black Entertainment Film Fashion Television and Arts Awards (BEFFTA) in 2011.
- GIAMA Humanitarian Award for her NGO Omotola Youth Empowerment Foundation at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) in 2012.
- Popular Inline Choice award at the Nollywood Movies Awards in 2013.
- Ebony Vanguard Award at the Music Video and Screen Awards (MVISA) in 2013.
- City People Social Media Award for Female Entertainment Personality in 2016.
- Best Actress award at the Nollywood Travel Film Festival in 2016.
- Best Actress award for the movie Alter Ego at the 2017 Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival.
- Best Actress in a Movie/TV Series for the movie Alter Ego at the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards (AMVCA) in 2018.
Omotola Jelade Ekeinde husband is known as pilot Captain Matthew Ekeinde. The beautiful actress got married to her significant other in 1996 at a traditional wedding. In 2001, they had a white wedding on board a Dash 7 aircraft as they flew from Lagos to Benin.
Their close friends and loved ones graced the ceremony. Omotola Jelade Ekeinde children with her husband are four.
Her sense of fashion is remarkable. She is always looking fabulous in her outfits. Here are some of Omotola Jelade Ekeinde photos.
1. Jetting-in in style
The actress is all dolled-up as she arrives at her destination.
2. Flaunting her beauty
Omotola is not shy in flaunting her beauty when posing for a photo.
Omotola Jelade Ekeinde net worth
The actress is one of the most influential in Nollywood. She is estimated to have a net worth of about N1 billion. She is known to be one of the most prominent actresses in Nigeria. She is also known for her love of cars.
Omotola Jelade Ekeinde cars collection is remarkably amazing. She is spotted arriving in various functions with different high-end vehicles.
During her 40th birthday, she was spotted riding with her husband in a luxurious golden Rolls Royce Phantom, which had a customized plate number to mark her special day.
Omotola Jelade Ekeinde is a beautiful actress with a soft spot for humanitarian efforts. She is a respected icon in the Nollywood showbiz industry.