Who is Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu? He is a respected Ghanaian politician and currently the majority leader in the Ghanaian Parliament. He is also the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs. The politician has represented the country on various occasions in countries such as the United States of America, the UK, Norway, Canada, Japan, Australia, and Malawi, among many others.
He is one of the longest-serving members of parliament. He has been serving since 1997 and pioneering most leadership and governance forums in the country. Recently, he was awarded a Doctor of Philosophy by the University of Professional Studies in recognition of his service in governance.
- Full name: Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu
- Year of birth: February 3, 1957
- Age: 63 years
- Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu religion: Christianity
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Gender: Male
- Career: Politician
- Political party: New Patriotic Party
- Marital status: Married
Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu biography
The politician was born on February 3, 1957. He hails from Bremang-Afrancho, Kumsi, in the Ashanti Region. He has held several vital positions in the country which have seen the country's economy soar high.
There is scarce information about the politician's early education life, but from his various powerful positions, you can tell that he is an educated man. Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu educational background reveals that he attended St Peter's Secondary School in Nkwantia Kwahu.
He joined the University of Ghana-Faculty of Law for one week and later moved to join Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and graduated with a BSc. in Planning.
In 1987, he became the project manager at DATAME Consult, a position he held until 1987. In 1990 to 1996, he started running his own businesses. He got into politics in 1997 when he was voted into parliament to represent Suame Constituency. Towards the 2004 elections, the constituency was split into two Constituencies. Today, he represents the people of Suame Constituency.
He has held several leadership positions in parliament. For instance, he was the secretary to the Minority Caucus during his first term in parliament. Between 2001 and 2002, he became the Deputy Majority Whip. In 2002, he became the Majority Chief Whip. From 2007 to 2009, he became the Deputy Majority Leader and Minister of State in charge of Parliamentary Affairs.
From 2009 to 2013, he became the Minority Leader. From 2013 to 2017, he was re-elected in the same position. During his term in Parliament, Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu MP for Suame Constituency has been in various committees such as the:
- Special Budget Committee as the Chairperson
- House Committee as the Chairperson
- Business Committee as the Chairperson
- Finance Committee
- Youth and Sports Committee
- Lands and Forestry Committee
- Mines and Energy Committee
- Subsidiary Legislation Committee
- Standing Orders Committee
- Committee on Selection
During his political career, the politician has been involved in various engagements. Some of them include:
- Led Ghana's Parliamentary delegation to the ECOWAS Community Parliament.
- He was a leader in the ECOWAS Fact-Finding Mission to Ghana, Burkina Faso, and La C'te d'Ivoire
- He led the ECOWAS Community Parliament's Election Monitoring Delegation to Liberia
- He led the ECOWAS Community Parliament's Election Monitoring Delegation to Nigeria
- Chairman of the African Parliaments Network Against Corruption
- Chairman of the Committee on Democracy and Human Rights
- Represented Ghana's Parliament at Commonwealth Parliament Association at Africa and International levels
Here are some Pictures of Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu.
1. Political briefing
The politician engaging in a briefing. He seems to be answering to queries being thrown his way.
2. The politician look
That look when you are pondering on finding a solution. The politician seems to be in deep thoughts as he contemplates on what to do.
Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu family
The politician is a married man and has five children. Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu wife is known as Irene.
READ ALSO: Iyabo Ojo bio: daughter, net worth, age, husband, photos
There is no clear information on Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu net worth. However, it can be worth noting that he is a wealthy man as a result of his successful political career in the country.
READ ALSO: Toosweet Annan bio: wife, age, pictures, movies, birthday, real name
Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu is one of the respected politicians and leaders in Ghana. He has led the nation in many international forums that have placed the country on the global map. His decision-making skills and competence have seen him elected as the majority leader in the Ghanaian parliament.
READ ALSO: Samantha Rotunda Instagram, age, children, bio