Vodafone Cash is an e-wallet provided by Vodafone to make your life easier and run all your errands with a click. It is actively used in Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe. For you to enjoy its features, you need to register for Vodafone Cash.
Vodafone Cash Ghana registration is entirely free. What's more, the process is quite simple and does not require a lot of documents or paperwork. Below is what you need to know about Vodafone Cash enrolment procedure, transaction limits and much more.
Requirements to register for Vodafone Cash
There are various methods you can use to enrol in Vodafone Cash. You will need the following:
- A valid national identity card, military ID or passport
- Personal details such as name, date of birth, address
- A Vodafone SIM card
- A mobile phone
Procedure to register for Vodafone Cash
Use the following methods to register for Vodafone Cash:
Over the counter method
- Visit the nearest Vodafone agent: Walk into any Vodafone retail shop, money agent or regional customer care office.
- Set the required documents in order: You should have a valid and original copy of your national identity card, military ID or passport. Photocopies might not be accepted.
- Fill in an enrolment form: Make sure the details you enter match those captured in your ID. Ask for help in case you do not understand
- Return the duly filled registration form to the teller: He/she will enter your details to Vodafone's Cash system.
Calling customer care
- Launch your app list: Tap on the application's icon at the middle bottom side of your screen. You should skip this step if your gadget has all the apps on your homepage.
- Locate the Phone application: Scroll up and down or even right to left depending on your phone model until you locate the Phone app. In some older Android version, this application is named Dial.
- Open it: Tap on its icon.
- Dial Vodafone customer care number: Enter the digits using your keypad.
- Tap on the call icon: Process the call from your Vodafone line in case you have a dual SIM gadget.
- Put your documents in order: Have your identity card number and other personal details at your disposal to save on time
- Follow prompts to speak to an agent: Choose your preferred language then Vodafone Cash registration.
- Give out all the information asked: This will include your phone number, date of birth, and ID number.
Self-registration via SMS
- Launch your app list: Press on the application button, which is at the middle bottom part of your screen. Scroll until you locate the Messages app.
- Open Messages: Press on its icon.
- Click on the + button: On the top left side of your screen, you will see the icon. Select it to compose a new SMS
- Enter the recipient: This should be '558' without the quotation marks
- Compose the message: On the SMS body area type in the word Register.
- Tap the Send button: The option is located next to the SMS body or directly below it for older models.
- Select the Vodafone line in question: If you are using a dual SIM gadget,
- Have the needed documents: This will include your national ID number and other personal information mentioned in the requirements section.
- Follow prompts to finish the procedure: You might be prompted to reply with your details to complete enrolment.
Self-registration via USSD
- Open your Phone app: Launch the app list, scroll until you locate this application. Tap on its logo to open it. In some older models, this might be named Dial.
- Dial the self-registration USSD code: This is *588#.
- Make the call from your Vodafone SIM card: Tap on the call icon, select the line in question. Be patient as your request is being processed
- Follow prompts: You will have to enter your details, ID number and other information as needed. Tap on the Send button each time you finish a particular step.
READ ALSO: How to buy from AliExpress and ship to Ghana
You will need an active internet connection, a browser and a tablet or PC or laptop on top of the requirements listed above. Use the following steps:
- Connect to the web: Only use private networks to secure your data. Should you want to connect to any public Wi-Fi, use the latest version of your VPN for tunnelling.
- Open your browser: You can use Opera Mini, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox. Simply double-tap on the software's logo to launch it.
- Go to the Vodafone website: Type Vodafone address.
- Navigate to the registration tab.
- Enter your personal information: Type in your correct first name, last name, date of birth, gender, residential address, next of kin, ID type, ID number, phone number and email address.
- Submit the details: Tap the Register button which below the last text box.
How to set up a Vodafone Cash account
After successful registration, the next step should be setting up your mobile wallet. Follow the steps below:
- Open your "Phone" app: Launch your App List, scroll until you locate it. Tap on its logo.
- Open your Dial Pad: Key in the following USSD Code: *110#
- Make the call from your Vodafone line: This step is only meant for those using dual SIM devices.
- Reply with 0: This is the option to activate your account.
- Set a secret PIN: It should be unique, not easily guessed, and memorable. Avoid using your high school admission number, date of birth, and other simple combinations.
- Confirm the PIN: Enter the exact digits you typed in the step above. Click on the "Send" button.
Your mobile wallet is now fully functional. You can receive, send and make payments at the comfort of your seat. Do not write your secret PIN anywhere, just memorize it.
How to load Vodafone Cash account
Follow the steps below:
- Visit the nearest mobile money agent or even Vodafone retail shop
- Have the amount you want to top up to your wallet and the ID used to register for the service.
- Give the teller the cash
- For verification, you also have to issue a copy of your original ID
If the process was a success, you will receive a message from Vodafone Cash with the details of the transaction and your balance. Topping up your wallet is completely free; hence you won't be charged even a cent.
READ ALSO: How to scan for digital channels in Ghana
How to send Money on Vodafone Cash
Follow the steps below to transfer E-money to any Vodafone subscriber:
- Open your Phone app: Locate this application on your homepage or app list.
- Open the Keypad: Dial 110#.
- Make the call from your Vodafone line: You should have a balance that can cater to the amount you wish to transfer and the transaction fees. The sum should not exceed the Vodafone Cash limit
- Select 1: Tap the Send button to move to the next step.
- Follow prompts: You might need to enter the recipient number, the amount you wish to transfer and your PIN.
- Confirm the transaction: A confirmation SMS will be sent to you if the process was a success. Make sure the recipient name and number on the message is correct.
How to buy airtime and data on Vodafone
To purchase data or airtime for your phone or your friend, use these steps:
- Open the Phone app: It is located on your home screen or App List. In some models, it is named Dial.
- Launch the Vodafone Cash Menu: Key in the following USSD code: *110#. Make the call from the Vodafone SIM card in question.
- Select 3 for Buy Airtime or Data: Tap the Send option to navigate to the next step.
- Follow prompts: Specify if you are buying Airtime or Data, for your phone or other, enter the amount or choose the plan if you are purchasing data bundles.
- Enter your PIN: Make sure you key in the correct details to avoid repeating the whole procedure.
You should receive a confirmation message with details of the transaction if the purchase was a success.
How to pay with Vodafone
If you want to make cashless payments, you need to follow the procedure illustrated below:
- Launch the Vodafone Cash menu: Open your Phone app from your home screen. Dial *110# from your keypad and make the call from your Vodafone Cash registered SIM card.
- Reply with 4 or 5: For "Buy Goods" choose 4. For "Pay Bill" select 5.
- Enter the Paybill Number or Till Number: For Paybill, you can Google or call the vendor in question to obtain the correct details.
- Specify the account number: This step is only meant for those paying a bill.
- Enter the amount: Your account balance should be able to cater for the sum and the associated transaction fees. Authenticate the transfer: Enter the correct PIN and tap on the Send button.
You will receive a confirmation SMS if the process was successful. You can also download the Vodafone Cash mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store to make transactions easier and faster.
The procedure to register for Vodafone Cash is that simple. You only need your details and an original identity card and you are good to go. Use any of the methods discussed in this write-up to register.
READ ALSO: US visa application Ghana: fee, status, form