- Actress Akuapem Poloo has been granted bail as her lawyers appeal her 90 days imprisonment
- The popular actress and Instagram model was handed a 90-day sentence over a naked picture with her son
- YEN.com.gh has gathered three facts from the court proceedings today, April 21.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Actress Akuapem Poloo, born Rosemond Alade Brown, has been granted bail as her lawyers appeal her 90 days imprisonment.
The first hearing on the appeal of her prison sentence begun today, April 21, at the High Court.
YEN.com.gh has gathered three facts from the court proceedings which took place today, April 21.
1. Akuapem Poloo was granted bail by the court, presided over by Justice Ruby Aryeetey, pending the final determination of her appeal challenging the 90-day jail sentence handed to her by the Accra Circuit Court.
2. The actress will be on bail in the sum of GHc80,000 with two sureties.
3. Akuapem Poloo has also been ordered to report to the police every two weeks, and also hand over her passport at the High Court registry.
YEN.com.gh previously reported Akuapem Poloo was sentenced after pleading guilty to the charges of publication of obscene materials and engaging in domestic violence.
The decision of the court to give the actress a custodial sentence received mixed reactions from Ghanaians, with a section supporting it and others against it.
More soon ...
In a separate story, a youth entrepreneur and alumnus of the University of Ghana who sells bottled and sachet water to make a living has inspired netizens with a post he shared online.
Mushroompreneur who graduated from the University of Ghana in 2017 disclosed that he sells packaged water.
Unlike most graduates who complete their programmes at the university only to depend on the government for employment, Mushroompreneur is making a living by selling bottled and sachet water.
Enjoy reading our stories?
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news.